This version of Wittenberg is now the legal national forum for Talossa! Feel free to explore it, and to check out the threads for feedback, requests and criticisms to make sure Wittenberg is tailored to you.

Author Topic: Announcement re: the Cabinet Code of Conduct  (Read 78 times)

Offline Miestră Schivă, UrN

• Prime Minister
  • Citizen
  • Large and In Charge
    • Talossan since: 2004-06-12

• View Profile
    • Free Democrats of Talossa
Announcement re: the Cabinet Code of Conduct
« on: September 23, 2020, 11:13:13 PM »
The Cabinet Code of Conduct, endorsed by the incoming cabinet this very week, reads in part:

Cabinet members will also strive to conduct themselves professionally while interacting with the general
public and/or other officers of State while exercising their functions.

It is my judgement, as Seneschál, that Attorney-General Açafat dal Val has not been upholding this commitment when replying to (admittedly sharp, and in some cases unfounded) criticism from Opposition figures and members of the public, re: the Cabinet decision to withdraw our support for naming Sir A. Davinescù to the Uppermost Cort.

Further, the Code says:

The Seneschál is responsible for upholding this Code of Conduct, and shall publicly warn any violators.

I am doing so.

I will conclude by saying that I admire the Attorney-General's energy and enthusiasm and Talossan patriotism; I hope we can put the current unpleasantness behind us and move on to great things in the rest of this term.

Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Talossa. Ask me anything.

"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan
"It probably would be a bit helpful if you resigned and became inactive..." - Sir A. Davinescù