An Acting Capitán for Fiôvâ?

Started by Istefan Perþonest, September 25, 2020, 11:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Istefan Perþonest

While in general I feel that the best way for me to interact with Fiôvâ's governance is entirely at the request of the elected government, I note that Fiôvâ currently doesn't have one.

So, since I do have the power to appoint an Acting Capitán for the province under Article V of Fiôvâ's constitution, and given the extended vacancy in that office, I'm wondering if I should appoint one.

(Not that I have any candidates in mind. Incidentally, did y'all ever notice you didn't specify that the Capitán had to be either a Fiôvân or a Talossan in your Constitution, and so I could appoint, say, Donald Trump as Acting Capitán? You know, that might actually convince someone to volunteer to be elected Capitán . . .)
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ
Burgermeister of Inland Revenue

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I mean, I'd do it if you really thought it was important, but honestly I've been trying to take AD's advice, i.e. be absent because it'll encourage people to fill the gap. Hasn't worked, lol

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

DNVercaria

Where have all the Fiovans gone? (If they're all gone AWOL, they certainly don't need a Captain to guide them.)

Istefan Perþonest

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on September 26, 2020, 03:28:24 PM
I mean, I'd do it if you really thought it was important, but honestly I've been trying to take AD's advice, i.e. be absent because it'll encourage people to fill the gap. Hasn't worked, lol
That's fine, I was just seeing if being a bit provocative could provoke someone into activity. Looked to be vaguely inside the ambit of "advise, encourage, and warn".

(If I thought the absence of a Capitán an actual crisis, rather than make a public post, I'd have gone directly to you-as-provincial-SoS about it. After all, then the goal would be getting the job filled, not trying to see if talking about "Acting Capitán Donald Trump" woke people up.)
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ
Burgermeister of Inland Revenue

GV

Too busy with other Talossan stuff to give the job the time and attention it deserves...