News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Please Take Part in the Second National Survey

Started by Eðo Grischun, October 01, 2020, 10:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eðo Grischun

¡Azul, citaxhiên da Talossa!

The Prime Ministry of the Kingdom of Talossa is reaching out to all citizens to get feedback on what they think of Talossa at the moment; how much they are involved; and how it could be improved.

Your answers to this survey will be anonymous and will greatly help the current Government improve Talossa for all its citizens.

We will leave it open for ONE MONTH so you can have a good think about this. Thank you for your patriotic contribution.

Click here for the National Survey

restéu voastrâ,

Miestrâ Schivâ, Seneschal (Prime Minister)
and
Éovart Grischun, Distain (Deputy Prime Minister)
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Ashokbist

I think we need to start online speech drawing singing program .it will be great to develop soft skill in talossa people

DNVercaria

There was one question, which forced me to chose a random reply, though. Something like "which way of communication would you prefer to the communication by Wittenberg". But the latter *is* my preferred option, and I couldn't post the questionnaire without chosing one of the options that I definitely don't prefer.

Ián S.G. Txaglh

i would like to share the last comment i made in this survey:

the physically meeting citizens and unambiguous physical manifestation of talossa would be better for its stability. problem is, being scattered all over the globe, we hardly can meet in person. also, talossa is too bound to a large urban environment fully occupied by non-talossan activities. there is nothing physically & distinctively talossan, a phenomenon in which a passer-by would notice its differentness and possibly even talossanity without necessity of prior knowledge - artefacts, places, presence...

we substitute the physicality by meeting here, virtually, which cognitively creates weak bonds and does not inspire much activity. to our minds, it is not much real and subconsciously appealing. we have to accept, that embodiment and enactment are irreplaceable in social life. "out of sight, out of mind" proverb says that with full force; "sight" means here a physical interaction (sorry for obviousness, but i want to be as precise as possible).

DNVercaria

Quote from: Ián S.G. Txaglh on October 02, 2020, 06:21:18 AM
we substitute the physicality by meeting here, virtually, which cognitively creates weak bonds and does not inspire much activity. to our minds, it is not much real and subconsciously appealing. we have to accept, that embodiment and enactment are irreplaceable in social life. "out of sight, out of mind" proverb says that with full force; "sight" means here a physical interaction (sorry for obviousness, but i want to be as precise as possible).

What about literature, art, music, science, religion etc? Sometimes the biggest adventures are happening in our minds, and there's a lot of social life going on merely by intellectual exchange. Looking at where we (the two of us) are coming from in terms of our micronational experiences, Penguinea, Rep. Talossa and what not eventually provoked our real world meetings, but before this, we couldn't escape from getting lost in an overwhelming narrative which created strong bonds, iMHO.

Being part of a "real" nation may be generating less feelings of "strong bonds" for various reasons. I'll never meet all the 82 and then  some millions of people who make up the country where I am living. But a nation and a culture aren't constituted exclusively by physical meetings.

Ián S.G. Txaglh

Quote from: DNVercaria on October 02, 2020, 06:00:59 PM
Quote from: Ián S.G. Txaglh on October 02, 2020, 06:21:18 AM

What about literature, art, music, science, religion etc? Sometimes the biggest adventures are happening in our minds, and there's a lot of social life going on merely by intellectual exchange. Looking at where we (the two of us) are coming from in terms of our micronational experiences, Penguinea, Rep. Talossa and what not eventually provoked our real world meetings, but before this, we couldn't escape from getting lost in an overwhelming narrative which created strong bonds, iMHO.

Being part of a "real" nation may be generating less feelings of "strong bonds" for various reasons. I'll never meet all the 82 and then  some millions of people who make up the country where I am living. But a nation and a culture aren't constituted exclusively by physical meetings.

of course penguinea and republic were quite inspiring, but also kind of explosive, it was a boom of creativity, which did not have the anchor to bind it to the ground. it burnt bright, but then just ashes and memories are lying around. i am more for less flammable more stable approach, kind i know from elsewhere (ark), it is mostly the personal and physical what creates the core on which you may build the art and suchs. i am not proposing any particular approach, i am not that bold, i am merely trying to analyse the life cycle of micronat... nationettes  ;) my concern is a long term stability and viability.

DNVercaria

Then, why did Penguinea and the Talossan Republic vanish into the void? I doubt it was because of a lack of physical vicinity.

Penguinea lost its common ground, its mutual agreement on what it was supposed to be or to become. While one group of citizens wanted to remain the kind of toy nation that Penguinea had always been, others wanted to build up something that nowadays would be called "social media". A third group, maybe a one-man group, forsaw the final impact of the coming split of the already tiny group and therefor tried to propagate a "big tent" for all Penguinean splinters. We know what became of all of this... some friendships lasted, but Penguinea, Polyphony etc were gone.

The Talossan Republic was built for growth, but after a turning point it began to shrink and was on its way to get terminally stuck in apathy. So it got one step further than Penguinea insomuch as there still was enough common ground to transfer the whole thing into a larger united Talossa.

To repeat myself, I doubt that more physical closeness would have turned away the eventual failure of these two projects. With the same group of participants, they would have been going approximately the same way to a final dissolution.

Eðo Grischun

Interesting conversations happening here!

Bumping this.  If you haven't taken part in the survey yet, please do so now! 
There are some really interesting results coming in! 
Make sure your voice and opinions are heard!

TAKE THE NATIONAL SURVEY HERE
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Eðo Grischun

Another friendly reminder to take part in the survey if you haven't done so yet.  A little bit over a week to go till we close this and release the results.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Eðo Grischun

A few more days left to get your opinions sent in before we close the survey.

47 responses so far!!  50!!!
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

This is epic, a sizeable amount more than the 38 responses last time, making the results (whatever they may be) more reflective of public opinion.

This is probably less about enthusiasm, though, than the new law allowing the Government to direct the Chancery to send things like this out to all citizens. The last survey didn't have that option and only about two-thirds of the country actually received it.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Eðo Grischun

I'm going to leave this running an extra day and close it on Monday.  I'll have time on Monday to put the results together. 

Last chance to take part!
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The National Survey has concluded, and I am pleased to announce we got at least 50 responses, significantly higher response than last time.

A formal report will take a while to prepare, as (a) I'm quite exhausted, (b) the raw data shouldn't just be released because some of it includes abuse of particular Talossan leading figures (!!!) and some names need to be redacted.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Seiken Zeap

Great, this kind of iniciatives are needes. Congratulations to the assembling team of the survey.
Seiken

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I have completed my draft report on the Second National Activity Survey, and it is currently before Cabinet for comments/final sign-off.