News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Looking ahead to the holiday season

Started by Xheralt Del’Encradeir, Yesterday at 10:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xheralt Del’Encradeir

While I haven't been active of late (health has declined a little), I am still available for meetups in the Greater Talossan Area, and if anyone has ideas for an ad-hoc Independence Day gathering, I can suggest venues, coordinate (in conjunction with the Ministry of Cultural Affairs), or assist in any way except financial -- I'm between jobs at the moment.

For anyone who is in or near the Greater Talossan Area, or can be in the near future, I would extend the otherwise open invitation to anyone here who might wish to view Lytheria's annual Halloween candy giveaway production, which is said to be the evening of Halloween itself, the 31st.

"Lytheria" is the name of the eclectic rooming house I lived in back in the day, and was the site of a Living Cosa/Independence Day party (that eventually had huge ramifications, but lets not dwell on that), so it is a place of interest to Talossans.

The production, which has been going on since before Talossa was founded, is a themed decoration of the front porch which changes every year, usually based on the most popular scifi or fantasy of the year, but also sometimes more general like "The Wild West", "Ancient Egypt", or "The French Revolution".  The porch is concealed until the first trick-or-treaters arrive.  Instead of simply handing out candy, the seekers are run through a short bit of improvisational theater to match the theme (I've participated as an actor in several after moving out of there), and come away with a feeling of having "earned" their (full-size!) candy bar.  Worth seeing, if anybody can make it by.  DM me for the address if interested.
"Do not cite the OrgLaw to me, ser, I was there when it was first written!"
Xheralt of Vuode

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Xheralt Del'Encradeir on Yesterday at 10:03:11 PM"Lytheria" is the name of the eclectic rooming house I lived in back in the day, and was the site of a Living Cosa/Independence Day party (that eventually had huge ramifications, but lets not dwell on that), so it is a place of interest to Talossans.

I think this would be a very interesting YouTube history video.

Quote from: Xheralt Del'Encradeir on Yesterday at 10:03:11 PMWhile I haven't been active of late (health has declined a little), I am still available for meetups in the Greater Talossan Area, and if anyone has ideas for an ad-hoc Independence Day gathering, I can suggest venues, coordinate (in conjunction with the Ministry of Cultural Affairs), or assist in any way except financial -- I'm between jobs at the moment.

I hope you will return to full health soon.
Breneir: Independent Progressive Party
Blessed to struggle against grudges for grudges sake