Coat of Arms for Adam Grigoriu

Started by Béneditsch Ardpresteir, December 14, 2020, 10:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

The College hitherto revives the Request for Arms made earlier by @Adam Grigoriu

Link to be found at:https://talossa.proboards.com/thread/4869/request-arms-adam-grigoriu

Dean BenArd
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Açafat del Val

I would be happy to assist @S:reu Grigoriu, if I am authorized to do so.

I need to confirm what the blazon is, so that I may emblazon it at all.

Either @S:reu Ardpresteir or Grigoriu, please clarify which of the below is the correct blazon?

• Lozengy argent and gules a book argent, a bordure gules fimbriated sable
  • Lozengy argent and gules a book argent, a bordure azure
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on December 06, 2020, 08:25:03 PM
Quote from: Açafat del Val on September 17, 2020, 11:23:34 AM
According to this...

https://talossa.com/royal-civil-service/college-of-arms/joining-the-college-of-arms/

... I have to submit a resume and other details. That's, like, not going to happen. But I will answer the three questions:

1) Japan
2) Ferrari
3) A mythical creature, part horse and part bull, that can't fight but runs away.

It's your choice to appoint me, but I won't be submitting myself for employment verification ;)

You may utilize my services, or not.

Are you still available to join the college? If yes, please do let us know. The positions of "The Odd Fellow" and "The Oblivious Auditing Fellow (OAF)" are up for grabs.

Sd/-
Dean BenArd
Noir Eagle Herald

Quote from: Açafat del Val on December 28, 2020, 01:00:56 PM
I would be happy to assist @S:reu Grigoriu, if I am authorized to do so.

I need to confirm what the blazon is, so that I may emblazon it at all.

Either @S:reu Ardpresteir or Grigoriu, please clarify which of the below is the correct blazon?

• Lozengy argent and gules a book argent, a bordure gules fimbriated sable
  • Lozengy argent and gules a book argent, a bordure azure

I'd be happy to appoint you to look after the project, but first you'll have to choose a seat for yourself in the RTCoA.

After all, the Cultural Minister of His Majesty's Government has also forwarded your application with their own positive feedback. ;)

Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Ordinarily new members of the college begin as the OAF and then can be appointed to become a full fellow.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Hmm. Ordinarily? I guess Acafat does a jolly good job tincturing the graphics and vectorizing the blazons. Why don't we have a new Jolly Good Fellow again?

Formerly:

Açafat del Val

I am willing to accept whichever position the Squirrel King or the Squirrel Viceroy of Arms would find fitting.

Though, if it is appropriate to ask in this thread, I do wonder: is there a list somewhere of all the positions and ranks of the College? Yes, there is.

I may recommend for myself to be a Jolly Good Fellow.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia

Açafat del Val

I have emblazoned below the following blazon: Lozengy argent and gules a book argent, a bordure azure.

What do we think?

https://imgur.com/5SW2Ti4
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia

Adam Grigoriu

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

I like that a lot, and while I was considering another possibility after reading through the old thread I'm not entirely sure that would pass muster.

Is there a site where I can play around with tincture and blazon options anymore?
Current
    Director of the Office of Preparedness and Response, RTMC HQ

Former
    Minister of the Interior & Permanent Secretary for Immigration

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

There are many sites that allows you to design your CoAs, but in almost all of them you have to choose from their set formats. So, there's not much of a chance to tinker...

Formerly:

Açafat del Val

Quote from: Adam Grigoriu on January 05, 2021, 02:02:23 PM
My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

I like that a lot, and while I was considering another possibility after reading through the old thread I'm not entirely sure that would pass muster.

Is there a site where I can play around with tincture and blazon options anymore?

Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on January 06, 2021, 01:18:27 PM
There are many sites that allows you to design your CoAs, but in almost all of them you have to choose from their set formats. So, there's not much of a chance to tinker...

What he said^

I am pretty decent with emblazonments (fancy word to say, "make a picture"), so if you share in words what you might like then I can turn it into something visual.

On the other hand, when making blazons for folks, I like to get broad strokes of themes first before specific imagery. What would you like your coat of arms to represent? What are major themes in your life? Again, not symbols but themes. I am looking for topics, such as:

• Loyalty
  • Love
  • Intelligence
  • Wakes up early
  • Never backs down from a challenge
  • Warrior spirit
  • etc.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia

Adam Grigoriu

Trying to come up with these without sounding like a jerk is difficult...

If I had to pick, I'd go with intelligence, duty, and justice.
Current
    Director of the Office of Preparedness and Response, RTMC HQ

Former
    Minister of the Interior & Permanent Secretary for Immigration

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Adam Grigoriu on January 11, 2021, 09:58:15 AM
Trying to come up with these without sounding like a jerk is difficult...

If I had to pick, I'd go with intelligence, duty, and justice.
Are you still interested in moving forward with this?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

It is my conclusion that the applicant is no longer interested, and this application should be marked inactive.  It may be revived at any time, and someone will be assigned.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein