Nimlet Session XVI (Dec 2019-June 2020)

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, December 22, 2019, 07:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

All appointments to Nimlet seats have been completed.

It is my pleasure to announce the commencement of our latest session, on this 22nd day of December 2019, of Florencia's provincial legislature, the Nimlet.

Pastours, are there any motions members would like to bring forward for consideration?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

mximo

Azul

Do we plan a New organic law for our province?

I think its Time no?
Mximo
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: mximo on December 23, 2019, 10:03:40 AM
Azul

Do we plan a New organic law for our province?

I think its Time no?
Mximo

Mximo,

There may be a proposal soon forthcoming for a revamped provincial constitution. Are there any sections or parts of the current provincial constitution which you think are in need of revision?

Breneir

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

mximo

- The governor should be elected every cosa election.
- We should introduce delay and rules for the Nimlet.
- The nimlet should be the one who name the Senator in case of vacancy.
- The Custaval should not be able to vetos a Nimlet resolution without the Nimlet be able to remove it by a 2/3 votes.

This is just a short list.

Mximo
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Açafat del Val

I wish to apologize personally to the Governor and generally to the people of Florencia for the overall quietness on my part. Certainly I have not done a good job to transition to the New Wittenberg.

To my esteemed colleague, Mr. Mximo: there is a draft proposal yet of a new constitution for our beloved province, and it will be ready soon for presentment to the public. I, the Governor, and the sitting Constable have worked on it in the past 6 weeks.

Having said that, I want to address the following...

Quote from: mximo on December 27, 2019, 11:47:57 PM
- The Custaval should not be able to vetos a Nimlet resolution without the Nimlet be able to remove it by a 2/3 votes.

The draft, as it currently is constituted, does introduce rules for the Nimlet. Check.
It also introduces the ability of the Nimlet to override a veto by 2/3 votes. Check.
Unfortunately, however, it would inOrganic at this time to allow that a Senator be chosen in any manner by the Nimlet.
Lastly, why should the governor be elected at all?
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Açafat del Val on January 09, 2020, 10:17:38 AM
I wish to apologize personally to the Governor and generally to the people of Florencia for the overall quietness on my part. Certainly I have not done a good job to transition to the New Wittenberg.

To my esteemed colleague, Mr. Mximo: there is a draft proposal yet of a new constitution for our beloved province, and it will be ready soon for presentment to the public. I, the Governor, and the sitting Constable have worked on it in the past 6 weeks.

Having said that, I want to address the following...

Quote from: mximo on December 27, 2019, 11:47:57 PM

The draft, as it currently is constituted, does introduce rules for the Nimlet. Check.
It also introduces the ability of the Nimlet to override a veto by 2/3 votes. Check.
Unfortunately, however, it would inOrganic at this time to allow that a Senator be chosen in any manner by the Nimlet.
Lastly, why should the governor be elected at all?

Welcome back Senator del Val

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

mximo

Why should the governor be name by the King or some random guys name by the king?

This is why I'm republican and not you...you seems to always protect the monarchy...

For the Senat of course the people most vote for the senator... I was talking about vacancy.. between two elections...
Again you seems to protect the royal power of the king or some random guys name by him to name a interim senator.

It's a shame to learn that a draft consitution is written behind close door...
Why theirs is not a committee name by the Nimlet to do so?

Mximo
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Açafat del Val

Quote from: Breneir Itravilatx on January 09, 2020, 06:51:10 PM
Welcome back Senator del Val

I never left! ;D

Quote from: mximo on January 09, 2020, 11:12:08 PM
Why should the governor be name by the King or some random guys name by the king?

This is why I'm republican and not you...you seems to always protect the monarchy...

For the Senat of course the people most vote for the senator... I was talking about vacancy.. between two elections...
Again you seems to protect the royal power of the king or some random guys name by him to name a interim senator.

It's a shame to learn that a draft consitution is written behind close door...
Why theirs is not a committee name by the Nimlet to do so?

Mximo

Do you remember me at all, sir? You and I worked together last year in the Nimlet to merge Florencia with Fiôvâ. I have been begging that the FreeDems adopt an explicitly republican platform since I was naturalized.

I think you have confused me for someone else.

And in any case...

IV.10 says: "If a Senator vacates his or her seat before the end of the term, the executive of the province shall appoint a Senator to sit until the next General Election or the next provincial election in that province, whichever is sooner, at which time the people of the province shall elect a Senator to serve the remainder of the term. If the provincial executive fails to appoint a Senator within a fortnight of the vacancy, the King or his Cunstavál shall appoint the Senator."

I'm not protecting the royal power of the King. In fact, it is the choice initially of our Governor to make the appointment; the King (or really the Constable) is not even involved unless the Governor is absent from duty. I'm sorry to bear the message, but it would be inOrganic on the part of Florenica to hold a special election, though I would be glad to support an amendment to the OrgLaw changing this.

"Closed doors" is a bad metaphor. Very well I intend to introduce the draft publicly for comments, feedback, tweaking, and so forth. It is standard practice to seek peer editing before public announcement.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Seeing that this is the official thread for the ongoing Nimlet session convened on 22 December I will make any posts in continuance of the session here.

Pursuant to Article III, Section 4 of the Florencian Constitution I, Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia, do hereby place my signature for the Resolution to Amend the Florencian Constitution in Whole as duly approved by a vote of the current session of the House of Shepherds.

Pursuant to the same section of our Constitution I do also send this Resolution for consideration to our Constable.

/s/
Breneir Itravilatx

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Açafat del Val

Quote from: Breneir Itravilatx on May 15, 2020, 04:06:04 PM
Seeing that this is the official thread for the ongoing Nimlet session convened on 22 December I will make any posts in continuance of the session here.

Pursuant to Article III, Section 4 of the Florencian Constitution I, Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia, do hereby place my signature for the Resolution to Amend the Florencian Constitution in Whole as duly approved by a vote of the current session of the House of Shepherds.

Pursuant to the same section of our Constitution I do also send this Resolution for consideration to our Constable.

/s/
Breneir Itravilatx

I believe that the Constable has failed to act upon the thusly presented Resolution. Therefore, pursuant to the following clause—

QuoteShould the Constable fail to act upon the resolution within a period of two weeks after the said delivery, the resolution shall be considered approved by the Constable, and, if legislative, shall be considered law.

—I do also believe that Florencia has officially a new Constitution!

If any opposition to this theory is absent before June 30th, then I will inform the Scribery and the Secretary of State of this great news. It will affect the Wiki as well as the upcoming elections.

¡Viva la Florencia!
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia

Açafat del Val

I would like now to proclaim that the new Constitution of Florencia (2020) is live on the wiki!

May the Constable (King John) promulgate it formally sooner than later? :)
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia