News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Talossan National Honours for the 55th Cosa

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, March 22, 2021, 06:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

El Lexhatx F.40.2 reads, in part:

QuoteOnce per Cosa, and during the final Clark of a Cosa, the Sovereign shall conduct an Investitures Ceremony where the recipients of these awards shall be announced. The Sovereign shall formally present award insignia to those recipients on behalf of the body conferring the award.

The Government, after consultation with the Regent and with the Leader of the Opposition, therefore announces that we are recommending the following citizens for national honours, to be presented by the Regent at an Investitures Ceremony to be held during the last Clark, i.e. next month.

1. Knight of the Order of the Flag: @Gödafrïeu Valcádac'h

The Order of the Flag is reserved by the Crown for recognition of outstanding contributions in patriotic acts, and (with Crossed Sabers) for outstanding military merit to the nation through leadership, development and long service in the Talossan Armed Forces. The Order of the Flag has one grade, that of Knight or Dame, and admitted members to the order are entitled to add the honorific 'UrB' to their name. (El Lexhatx 40.1.2.2)

The Government recommends that Senator G. Valcádac'h be admitted to this august order in recognition of:

• His superlative efforts in collating and making available Talossa's Royal Archives, while preserving the personal privacy of other citizens, which have gained to this date neither the formal support nor the accolades he deserves.
  • His extremely long service as a Talossan citizen, spanning two decades, two stints as Seneschál of the Kingdom, one as Seneschál of the Republic during the National Schism, and his continued patriotic endeavours.

2. Seneschál's Medal for Merit: @Eðo Grischün

Senator Grischün is awarded this medal for his outstanding work updating and expanding talossa.com, the National Webspace, and the launch of our own national social network, talossa.net.

3. The Talossan Meritorious Service Cross: @Cresti da Nouacastra

This award "is specifically intended to recognize those individuals who through meritorious acts performed outside Talossa which bring benefit and honour to the Kingdom of Talossa and the Crown." (Lex. F.40.1.2.4). Cxhn. Nouacastra, in the course of his service in the National Guard of the United States of America, was part of the forces defending the democratic elections of our Big Neighbour in the face of a violent reactionary uprising in Washington DC on January 6, 2021/XLII. This is an act of internationalism that we should all be proud of.

---

To reiterate: while the Seneschál's Medal and the Meritorious Service Cross are in the gift of the Government, the Knighthood "UrB" is in the gift of the King (or Regent) upon recommendation of the Government. So I suppose we'll wait for the Regent's confirmation.

Miestra A. Schiva, Seneschál

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Acting as appointed Regent to His Majesty King John, I am honoured to receive these presentations.  I will consult with His Majesty directly about whether he intends to revive the junior order of knighthood, l'Urderi del Bicoloreu, which is currently dormant.

A date for the ceremony will be set by the end of this month.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein