For consideration of the Ziu - Political Parties under Special Interests

Started by xpb, May 21, 2021, 05:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

I am not currently a seated member in the Ziu, but have a suggestion for consideration - the creation of a Political Parties forum under the Special Interests area, and to have child boards under established under that for each party (perhaps even for past parties that wish to have a historic listing although their last statements may have been on the talossa.proboards.com system or even just in email or printed materials)

This is addition to parties or persons supporting those parties commenting on whatever posting they wish in other forums, but could serve as a point to examine details in an organized manner.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: xpb on May 21, 2021, 05:36:51 PM
I am not currently a seated member in the Ziu, but have a suggestion for consideration - the creation of a Political Parties forum under the Special Interests area, and to have child boards under established under that for each party (perhaps even for past parties that wish to have a historic listing although their last statements may have been on the talossa.proboards.com system or even just in email or printed materials)

This is addition to parties or persons supporting those parties commenting on whatever posting they wish in other forums, but could serve as a point to examine details in an organized manner.

I'm not sure the Ziu needs to act on this idea. Forum/board ideas like this most likely would fall under the purview of The Chancery as that office runs Wittenberg. If there is general interest in creating separate boards for political parties I'd be open to doing that.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

xpb

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on May 21, 2021, 06:03:34 PM
Quote from: xpb on May 21, 2021, 05:36:51 PM

I'm not sure the Ziu needs to act on this idea. Forum/board ideas like this most likely would fall under the purview of The Chancery as that office runs Wittenberg. If there is general interest in creating separate boards for political parties I'd be open to doing that.

I suppose if child boards for specific parties were created under a general political parties forum (which I personally think is a good idea) then they would need to be created for all active parties (even if not used) to support fairness.   I might even take the time to import data from the old VCC/CRO to a child board as well, and there could be a RUMP section as well as other previous parties.

Tric'hard Lenxheir

As a new citizen of Talossa i was actually thinking something like this would have been helpful in trying to navigate my first general election. I was going to suggest it but didn't really know who or where to suggest it LOL
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Have you seen the Free Democrats' website and public forum, Tric'hard?

I should note that we also have a Facebook group, but that's members-only precisely because the way we have been successful is having an "internal life" where we can speak freely without - for example - grim humour being spun into proof of moral turpitude by opponents acting in bad faith.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Tric'hard Lenxheir

I saw yours and a couple of others but some of the smaller parties seem to be difficult to find any information on
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Miestră Schivă, UrN

4 of the 8 parties running in this election are brand new. It's hard to get information out when there's only 1 or 2 people in the party.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on May 30, 2021, 08:42:35 PM
I saw yours and a couple of others but some of the smaller parties seem to be difficult to find any information on
The incumbent Seneschal is Dama Miestră Schivă, UrN of the Free Democrats of Talossa.  She is finishing her third term as Seneschal (prime minister) for that party, which is the largest party in the country by a wide margin.  The new leader of the party is Txoteu Davinescu.  I won't summarize their beliefs, but here's a campaign thread from them.

The NPW is the second-oldest party and has been in a coalition with the Free Democrats, with their founder Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu a longstanding ally of Dama Miestră.  It is centered around the peculiarist tradition, a Talossan ideology that suggests that Talossa isn't actually a nation-state of any sort, but instead its own special sort of entity.  It also advocates for republicanism.  To my knowledge, they don't have a specific platform or plans set out, but here is a campaign thread from them.

The League of Centrist Conservatives (LCC) is the third-oldest party, formed only last term as a party to appeal to centrist and conservative voters.  It was formed by Ian P, who had previously led the now-defunct AMP party the term before as the coalition partner for the Free Democrats.  He had worked closely with the incumbent Seneschal as Leader of the Opposition, but has stepped aside in favor of Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù, a new leader.  Their position on the monarchy versus republic is unclear at this time.  A campaign thread is here.

Balançeu (B) is an explicitly monarchist party formed by X. Pol Briga to try to resist the efforts to turn the current monarchy into an elected monarchy/presidency (the label is a matter of some dispute right now).  As far as I am aware, that is the party's central goal.  Here is a campaign thread.

The Independent Monarchist, (DIEN) was spun off from the Free Democrats by party leader Munditenens Tresplet after discomfort with that party's full-throated push for an elected monarchy/presidency.  It is unclear what other positions they might hold as a party, beyond opposing those efforts.  I could not find a campaign thread.

Talossan National Congress, (TNC), party leader Brenier Itravilatx.  They have stated that they will be supporting the elected monarchy/presidency, but have not stated any other positions or plans, as far as I know.  I could not find a campaign thread.

Parti Tafialistà (PT) is a bit of a joke party formed by Marcel Tafial, an enthusiast for our language.  It plans mostly to attempt to require more votes to obtain representation in the Cosa.  I could not find a campaign thread.

King Lüc Party, (KLüP) is the same, as far as I can tell, led by former Seneschal and former Secretary of State Glüc da Dhi.  He says it advocates for the replacement of King John with Lüc da Schir, another former Seneschal who has not (to my knowledge) voiced any support or even indicated his awareness of the plan.  It is unclear what the party stands for or what its plans are, although we can presume they will include some effort to inflict a King Lüc upon us.  I could not find a campaign thread.

Obviously, the central issue in this election is the constitutional question of the nature of Talossa's monarchy, which you might have seen some of us discussing.  Four of the parties (Free Democrats, NPW, TNC, and PT) have specifically stated their support for the push to turn the monarchy into a seven-year elected role, formally announcing this here.  The Balançeu party and the Independent Monarchists are opposed.  The positions of the other parties are unclear.

There has previously been a Talossan Political Compass quiz to help guide voters, but it is defunct, or else I'd point you towards it.  The last media property just folded, too, but they did publish interviews with many of the party leaders in their last issue.  Only the Free Democrats and the Talossan National Congress did not participate, but it's good to read to get a flavor for the goals of the other parties.

I have done my best to represent the state of things in this post, but I am sure that partisans for these parties can better speak to their own goals and backgrounds than I have done here, and I hope they will do so.  Please let me know if I can answer any questions.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein