News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Vote Free Democrats for the 56th Cosă!

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, April 24, 2021, 04:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The Free Democrats would love to have new citizens on our party list. Let me know ASAP and if you're not an utter creep and you agree with the Free Democrats platform, you're in.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

GV

There has never been a better time to be a Free Democrat.  Join us!

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The LCC 50-word statement is nothing more than the FreeDems 50-word statement, machine-translated into Ukrainian and back again.

Prove me wrong.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 28, 2021, 06:01:09 PM
The LCC 50-word statement is nothing more than the FreeDems 50-word statement, machine-translated into Ukrainian and back again.

Prove me wrong.

Ah an unprovoked attack, interesting.

So Bar the fact our 50 word statement directly links with our manifesto, I wrote it before you advertised it on Witt and Im gonna be honest I hadn't even had time to read it and our 50 word says "why should we change Talossa when it's already great?" Is that something your for is it, keeping things the way they are? So you want to keep the king and scrap the historic compromise, the biggest change to the status quo in recent history... Oh yes please do, it would save me the headache.
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Also to be honest I was going avoid posting on your recruitment page at all due the fact this is your parties recruitment and policy thread, I was gonna leave you be untill you drag us directly into arguing with you on your own page. I don't want to fight, even here, so why was it necessary to even badmouth us on your recruitment page?
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

The politics of grievance demands ever-fresh grievances. I think the general idea is to try to provoke a fight?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on April 28, 2021, 06:36:53 PM
I was going avoid posting on your recruitment page at all due the fact this is your parties recruitment and policy thread,

I might not speak for everyone, but honestly, on this point, i would honestly welcome you, or anyone on the opposition parties, to come in here and ask questions, and share their views, so that we could engage in a debate, that will, in my view, help show the voters, what they are voting for and hopefully in doing so, help answer potential questions that voters might have that they are unsure whether to post, and having such an engagement in political threads about the election, in my view, nothing different than just having a televised political debate before an election, and i think could be vital in helping people decide who to vote for, so whilst i respect that you might feel like that, on this, i would disagree, and would encourage anyone, from any political affiliation, to come in and question out views and ideas. the rest of what you have said i will not be commenting on, but this one part i couldn't hold back on my viewpoint on, as i think what i have to say on this is important, others might disagree, but meh, to me this is a key part of electioneering, and politics and helps voters, and parties grow and learn, and shows greater accountability to the people, especially before the voters go to vote. Again i dont speak for the party, but i hope others in the party feel the same way.
Party Secretary of the Free Democrats of Talossa
https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?board=34.0
Talossans in Christ Church :-
http://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=294.0
Başbakan of Ataturk

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 28, 2021, 07:11:19 PM
The politics of grievance demands ever-fresh grievances. I think the general idea is to try to provoke a fight?

I think the idea, wasnt to provoke, but to invite in a jovial way, opposing view points in thread so they might be answered, i dont think it was meant to be seen as a provocation. Also, politics is a fight, a fight of values, ideals, conviction, and passion, which is expressed through political debates (also known as arguments) to help show the public what a party is about. And without such things, then what would be the point of politics? Some people react better to some forms of engagement than others, but nothing in politics should be taken personally, no matter how much you might agree or disagree with a particular person or view point.
Başbakan of Ataturk

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir on April 28, 2021, 07:16:31 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 28, 2021, 07:11:19 PM

I think the idea, wasnt to provoke, but to invite in a jovial way, opposing view points in thread so they might be answered, i dont think it was meant to be seen as a provocation. Also, politics is a fight, a fight of values, ideals, conviction, and passion, which is expressed through political debates (also known as arguments) to help show the public what a party is about. And without such things, then what would be the point of politics? Some people react better to some forms of engagement than others, but nothing in politics should be taken personally, no matter how much you might agree or disagree with a particular person or view point.
As always, I admire your optimistic view. I'm not sure I can agree that politics is always a fight, though. Fighting is antagonistic and zero-sum. It's possible to have politics that is civil, kind, and respectful -- even while disagreeing sharply! But I will give your party leader the benefit of the doubt and assume that she was just inviting a vigorous exchange of ideas. :-)
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Antaglha is certainly optimistic - may Allà reward her for that! - but in this instance she's actually correct. I was struck by the fact that it might be difficult for someone not clued up on current Talossan politics to know what the difference between the FreeDems and the LCC is, based solely on our 50-word statement. I raised the issue in what I considered to be a jovial, "bantering" way, which I never suspected would be taken amiss considering how well the party leaderships have been getting on.

Does anyone remember the sad story of Sir Trotxa and the Killer Rabbit? It seems that the cultural divide that revealed itself in that episode - one side's banter is the other side's hurtful personal attack - still applies today.

I would not say I'm an optimistic person, as I'm not, my own personal stance, is to look at things as realistically as possible whilst trying to be logical and on balance. I jsut try to be fair, balanced and look at things as realistically as possible, whilst that might not always be the case, that is my world view.
Also I would agree if most major political change in human history, throughout all manor of countries, has been bought about by political unrest, and passionate political fights and debates (look at the women's vote, civil rights (past and ongoing in the states) and other maor changes), so we might just have to disagree with. Actually calm politics generally lead to stagnate systems, looks at the US and how often their is stalemates and no progress in their government. So I cannot accept your viewpoint, i wish politics would and could be more like that, but politics should be important and ever changing and growing, through passionate debate and argument, and political fights. which is why "Political Battlegrounds" Exists. but meh, if you disagree then fine. we shall have to agree to disagree.
Başbakan of Ataturk

Ian Plätschisch

LCC 50-word statement:
QuoteVote LCC For Talossa to stand tall once more. Talossa is a beacon of a nation that inspired many. We are the party that will prioritise immigration, our country will thrive as a result. We will use our national language in correspondence. If it's already great, must we change Talossa?

FreeDem 50-word statement translated from English to Ukrainian and back to English via Google Translate:
QuoteThe Free Democrats want to lead the Thulos government for a fourth successful term. We need not just to recruit new citizens, but to find ways to attract existing citizens again. We want a historic compromise between monarchy and republicanism, as well as for the growth of the thalosano-speaking population. Txoteu Davinescu for Senechal!

Firstly, I note that the FreeDem's statement is quite robust to Ukrainian translation. Secondly, I note that the FreeDem statement explicitly endorses the compromise amendment while the LCC statement focuses more on leveraging the institutions Talossa already has.

Ian Plätschisch

From https://lingojam.com/BadTranslator:

The free democrats in need of to led talossa's government of that fourth successful term.  Our needed to don't only recruit new citizens, prevent found ways to have existing citizens involved again.  Our in need of that historic compromise between monarchy and republicanism, and to the grown talossan-speaking population.  Txoteu davinescu of seneschál!

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The Free Democrats in this election seek 101+ seats for ourselves, and 134+ seats for MCs who support the Historic Compromise. That said, even if the constitutional issue is lost, the FreeDems are:

I must admit, it would be annoying and frustrating to have to help run another Government if the Historic Compromise were to be rejected. But *sigh* the things we do for patriotism...