Squirrels supporting a Wolf vs Hamsters with a leashed Chihuahua

Started by xpb, May 03, 2021, 09:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

Squirrels supporting a Wolf vs Hamsters with a leashed Chihuahua

Consider the Greater State Arms with
supporters of Two Talossan Squirrels Proper

Both have great vitality, and are clever beings of their own devices, wild and free, yet come together to support the Kingdom, and can be envisioned as the Cosa and Senäts.

Now consider the Royal Arms which include Quarterly 2 and 3 per fess azure and vert, a wolf salient argent armed and langued gules

This element is wise, as there are two wolves fighting in each person's heart. One is love, the other is hate. Which one wins?  The one that is fed the most.

There are those who hate the idea of a King or Queen unbound and free to direct the course of our history with greatly appreciated support.  They hate that the vagaries of time and events include only unscheduled and occasional change to the leader of the pack.  They desire to domesticate the wolf, to change it into a chihuahua that they can stuff in a bag or kennel when desired, or simply drop off at a shelter (or worse) when they want a different one.  They in fact want to change themselves from squirrels to hamsters in a cage of their own design, running on wheels of circular logic, declaring a chihuahua to be a wolf, asserting their own independence whilst residing behind bars.

On 26 December 1979 King Ben lovingly created the Kingdom of Talossa.  He wrestled with the wolves, and from time to time fed the hate.  However, the creation endures over 4 decades later, bourne out of the love of the citizens for the Kingdom.  The Kingdom even attracted back those who had left for a time with loving arms.  Yet, some of those same citizens still nurture hate of the crown and seek to obfuscate their desired change to a Republic -- with false flags, logistical legerdemain, and other schemes to tame what is wild and free, and which shall endure on natural fate rather than mechanism.

Ian Plätschisch

With respect, Sir Briga, evocative imagery alone does not a coherent argument make.

LCC plug: Support the Monarchy without the Balance Party's very strange leaps of logic.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The accusation that Talossans who prefer an elected head of state, or a reformed monarchy, are motivated by "hate" is one which keeps coming up. King Robert I accused me of being motivated by "hate". It's the kind of rhetorical move you use to demonise and delegitimate political opponents without dealing with their arguments. It is the language of witch-hunting, and I use that term advisedly.

People call me call kind of horrible names, but people like XPB get away with using this rhetoric because they use it for conservative purposes.

Also, I've just been reading Kipling, and I'm pretty sure that when the leader of a wolf pack ceases to be able to lead, the other wolves kill him, or take him somewhere and let him starve to death. You don't see wolves propping up an aged, toothless, decrepit, frog-eating pack leader and weeping tears about the "hatred" of those who want a change.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Vote for Eager Beavers, who work hard, build things that benefit the wildlife around them, who maintain the structures that are already in place dutifully and are pretty Dam cool ... *jazz hands*

Vote LCC
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Sir Pol you used the word hate five times. Do you imagine that people here in Talossa are actually that filled with hate? If so, that is a sad outlook.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

In my experience, "hate" is conservatese for "disagreement."
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Hence why the LCC has gone through a metamorphosis to become a party that already has began working to stop this inte-party hate through communication not assumption
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Good point; though putting the most divisive person on Talossa on your party list at #3 has some of us worried

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

xpb

50 years before the formation of Talossa, Gandhi said:

"Hate the sin and not the sinner is a precept which, though easy enough to understand, is rarely practiced, and that is why the poison of hatred spreads in the world."

I do not hate citizens who participate in spirited debate.  I hate the proposed change from a Kingdom which is unique, to a Republic, which is ordinary.

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

For the record, I do not believe that monarchies as a form of government are unique for micronations. If you check MicroWiki or a similar source, youll see that monarchies are everywhere, its like the default setting. Republics arent unique either of course, same reasoning.

Elective monarchies like what the Historic Compromise is about are significantly rarer though. Of the top of my head I can only think of Seborga that does something similar. So, if uniqueness was the deciding factor, wouldnt that be an argument for the Historic Compromise instead of against?
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

xpb

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on May 03, 2021, 06:25:57 PM
For the record, I do not believe that monarchies as a form of government are unique for micronations. If you check MicroWiki or a similar source, youll see that monarchies are everywhere, its like the default setting. Republics arent unique either of course, same reasoning.

Elective monarchies like what the Historic Compromise is about are significantly rarer though. Of the top of my head I can only think of Seborga that does something similar. So, if uniqueness was the deciding factor, wouldnt that be an argument for the Historic Compromise instead of against?

I keep hearing about this "elective monarchy" Kind of sounds like
Alone together.
Amazingly awful.
Bittersweet.
Clearly confused.
Deafening silence.
Definitely maybe.
And other oxymorons

Why not call it what it is -- a President.
... not a King

Why not state the true goal - a Republic
... not a Kingdom

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Quote from: xpb on May 03, 2021, 06:50:46 PM
Alone together.
Amazingly awful.
Bittersweet.
Clearly confused.
Deafening silence.
Definitely maybe.
And other oxymorons

... not a King

... not a Kingdom

Your lack of familiarity with concepts such as bittersweetness, deafening silence and elective monarchies does not make them any less real.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

xpb

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on May 03, 2021, 07:00:15 PM
Alone together.
Amazingly awful.
Bittersweet.
Clearly confused.
Deafening silence.
Definitely maybe.
And other oxymorons

... not a King

... not a Kingdom

Your lack of familiarity with concepts such as bittersweetness, deafening silence and elective monarchies does not make them any less real.

We can agree to disagree on this

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: xpb on May 03, 2021, 06:19:28 PM
I do not hate citizens who participate in spirited debate.  I hate the proposed change from a Kingdom

Wait. I thought it was you accusing us of being hateful, motivated by hatred, etc? Was that just projection?

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on May 03, 2021, 07:00:15 PM
Alone together.
Amazingly awful.
Bittersweet.
Clearly confused.
Deafening silence.
Definitely maybe.
And other oxymorons

... not a King

... not a Kingdom

To be fair, this is semantic.  Very few people think of an elected monarchy with a term of seven years as a "real" monarchy, even if there are historical examples of similar.  I mean, yes, technically this is true -- you can have a king of basically any type, since there have been such a wide variety of kings across history.  In those historical examples are many which have much more in common with the American presidency than the British throne, even though they were "kings."  You could just start calling the Seneschal the "king" and point to ample historical precedent for that sort of role.

The word "king" is being used as representative of a level of independence and power in this context.  It's pretty clear what XPB means.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein