Welcome to Wittenberg!

Author Topic: A Communique to Baron Alexandreu Davinescu  (Read 109 times)

Offline Béneditsch Ardpresteir

• View Profile
A Communique to Baron Alexandreu Davinescu
« on: May 04, 2021, 12:00:32 PM »
Azul @Baron Alexandreu Davinescu !

The RTCoA is happy to know about your elevation to the Nobility of the great nation of Talossa.

Do you want the help of the College in designing your Crest and Motto?

Will await your reply.

Dean BenArd
Senator Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM

The Noir Eagle Herald
Dean, RTCoA

Member, Royal Talossan Bar

Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy

Owner of Schneiderian Steels

Formerly :

Justice of the Uppermost Cort
Attorney General
Deputy Immigration Minister
Member of the Cosa
Undersecretary of State
Premier & Provincial Secretary of Maricopa
Chancellor of the O.SPM
Jolly Good Fellow

Offline Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

• Citizen
  • compassionem audentiam verumque quaeramus
    • Talossan since: 6-9-2006

• View Profile
Re: A Communique to Baron Alexandreu Davinescu
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 12:11:52 PM »
That would be great, yes!  Wow, I forgot about that.  The wiki says "members of the peerage are entitled to enhancement of their achievements of arms consisting of a motto, a crowned helm, a crest, and mantling."  Motto is easy enough, but we need to design a crest...  I'm comfortable doing my own graphic design for this, but I don't really know what has to be done for a crest.  Is it just choosing a style of crown and a symbol to go with the crown?  What are the options?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Dómnul Guaïr sür Sabor

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
    Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

• Citizen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 01:21:04 PM »
Like, this is a possible blazon:  Vert a saltire argent and mantling or a helmet with crest a crow sable and motto "CONSISTE ET COGITA"

Is that all correct?

Also, I was considering taking this occasion to drop the charge from my shield.  Is that permitted?

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Dómnul Guaïr sür Sabor

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
    Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Offline Béneditsch Ardpresteir

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 03:23:20 AM »

Azul Baron !

Your Blazon for the Arms would remain the same; so no dropping of any charge is permitted.

Although you are entitled to a mantle, as a norm in Taloosa, it would be in the same hue as your arms i.e. vert and argent

The Motto that you have chosen is perfect.

On the issue of charge, your choice of a 'crow' is definitely available and allowed as per heraldic practice. However the helmet would be slightly changed with a baronial coronet on it.

The Blazon for the creast would thus be:

Peched from a baronial coronet proper a crow (close) sable. [Since the standard attitude of a bird such as a crow is 'close', I believe that the word may be removed].

See this page, for Baronial Mantle and coronet design: http://wiki.talossa.com/Arms_of_the_Nobility

Dean BenArd

Senator Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM

The Noir Eagle Herald
Dean, RTCoA

Member, Royal Talossan Bar

Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy

Owner of Schneiderian Steels

Formerly :

Justice of the Uppermost Cort
Attorney General
Deputy Immigration Minister
Member of the Cosa
Undersecretary of State
Premier & Provincial Secretary of Maricopa
Chancellor of the O.SPM
Jolly Good Fellow

• Citizen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 08:59:04 PM »

Azul Baron !

Your Blazon for the Arms would remain the same; so no dropping of any charge is permitted.

Although you are entitled to a mantle, as a norm in Taloosa, it would be in the same hue as your arms i.e. vert and argent

The Motto that you have chosen is perfect.

On the issue of charge, your choice of a 'crow' is definitely available and allowed as per heraldic practice. However the helmet would be slightly changed with a baronial coronet on it.

The Blazon for the creast would thus be:

Peched from a baronial coronet proper a crow (close) sable. [Since the standard attitude of a bird such as a crow is 'close', I believe that the word may be removed].

See this page, for Baronial Mantle and coronet design: http://wiki.talossa.com/Arms_of_the_Nobility

Dean BenArd
Well shoot... after fifteen years and with the initial goal accomplished, I'd hoped this would be an occasion to change the blazon.  Are there any circumstances under which someone is permitted to apply for a modification to their blazon?

I tried to draw up a mantle with gules and argent, but it looked (frankly) ugly.  Is the rule about the mantling a firm one, or can I display them a little bit "off?"

• Citizen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 12:22:40 PM »
I took another crack at it, making the mantling just undifferentiated (like some of the existing examples) and with a new motto.  I am moderately sure of my Latin: it is intended to say, "Let us seek out compassion, courage, and the truth."  It's been a while since I formed a jussive subjunctive, but I think it's correct.  I've had the same motto for a long time, so I thought it might be time to shift to the family ideals instead.