[Chancery] - Confirming that the Senäts Election Conducted by the Province

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, May 05, 2021, 12:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Azul leaders of Cézembre,

I am confirming with you that you wish that the PROVINCE conducts your Senäts election. Please respond as soon as possible if this is not correct.

Thank you,

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretary of State
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

xpb

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on May 05, 2021, 12:33:48 PM

I am confirming with you that you wish that the PROVINCE conducts your Senäts election. Please respond as soon as possible if this is not correct.

Thank you,

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretary of State

Acknowledged as correct.

xpb

On April 15 in https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=778.0

@Ián Tamorán

Declared candidacy to continue to serve the post of Lord Warden

Are there any other declarations of candidacy?

As per https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=738.0
14 May 23:59 TST - Registration deadline Senatorial Candidates.
Cézembre will conduct the election as per the Cézembre Administrative Guide and will align with the timeframe for other elections for Senäts.

In looking over Cezembrean law regarding elections, I am seeking to find out if an email with election procedures was sent to every citizen of Cezembre, as required under Article A8 and A9. If not, I believe there may be irregularities in your election.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Sorry for coming with this so late. I wasnt really paying attention. The way this election is conducted violates both the spirit and the letter of provincial election law and our constitution.

A9 only applied to the 51st Cosa election. No permanent law was ever put in place. Even so, A9 requires an email to be sent to all citizens at the start of the nomination phase (i.e. a week ago) so potential candidates are aware of the election. I'm pretty sure this didnt happen.

According to the constitution: "If no provincial statutes regarding the election of a Lord Warden exist, or if the provisions of provincial law regarding the election of a Lord Warden cannot be implemented for practical reasons,or if provincial statutes regarding the election of a Lord are in conflict with this Constitution or the Organic Law, the Sénéchal or his appointed agent will request the National Chancery in writing and in good time to conduct the election in accordance with National Law."

The chancery allows for write in votes, Cezembrean election laws dont, but to compensate for that everyone gets a mail in advance
which should enable enough opportunity for candidates to declare themselves.
Either way is fine but doing neither really sort of violates the idea behind the laws that we have imho. (Not that I am planning to be a candidate, or expect there to be other contenders.)

Perhaps the chancery could still be asked to conduct the elections? (with Ian Tamoran listed on the ballot)

Again, apologies to Sir XPB for pointing this out so late. I really do appreciate your efforts at keeping Cézembre alive. Only this time I feel its important to follow the laws as best as possible, which imo means asking the Chancery conduct the election (hopefully in time before ballots are sent out).
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on May 14, 2021, 08:19:54 PM
Sorry for coming with this so late. I wasnt really paying attention. The way this election is conducted violates both the spirit and the letter of provincial election law and our constitution.

A9 only applied to the 51st Cosa election. No permanent law was ever put in place. Even so, A9 requires an email to be sent to all citizens at the start of the nomination phase (i.e. a week ago) so potential candidates are aware of the election. I'm pretty sure this didnt happen.

According to the constitution: "If no provincial statutes regarding the election of a Lord Warden exist, or if the provisions of provincial law regarding the election of a Lord Warden cannot be implemented for practical reasons,or if provincial statutes regarding the election of a Lord are in conflict with this Constitution or the Organic Law, the Sénéchal or his appointed agent will request the National Chancery in writing and in good time to conduct the election in accordance with National Law."

The chancery allows for write in votes, Cezembrean election laws dont, but to compensate for that everyone gets a mail in advance
which should enable enough opportunity for candidates to declare themselves.
Either way is fine but doing neither really sort of violates the idea behind the laws that we have imho. (Not that I am planning to be a candidate, or expect there to be other contenders.)

Perhaps the chancery could still be asked to conduct the elections? (with Ian Tamoran listed on the ballot)

Time is extremely short but the Chancery would be willing to conduct the election. I need to be notified before 8AM TST tomorrow.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

xpb

Quote from: xpb on May 05, 2021, 05:12:42 PM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on May 05, 2021, 12:33:48 PM

Thank you,

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretary of State

Acknowledged as correct.

As seneschal -- acknowledging my error on election procedure, and now Lord Warden candidate -- I reverse this acknowledgement and ask the Chancery to conduct the election for Lord Warden for Cézembre.

I will still attempt to conduct provincial elections June 14-30 with proper notice by email to all citizens on or before May 16.

xpb

Of note that the Cézembre election just after the 57th Cosa election is being conducted according to the existing rules including more than the required notice via both Wittenberg and email.

XPB Le Sénéchal Cézembre

xpb

xpb

Of note that the Cézembre election just after the 58th Cosa election is being conducted according to the existing rules including more than the required notice via both Wittenberg and email.  There is not a Senäts election required at this time, unless the current Lord Warden should wish to curtail his service.

The SOS has already acknowledged this in the posting https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=1879.0

XPB Le Sénéchal Cézembre