DRAFT - Breton / Brezhoneg as an official language of CZ

Started by xpb, May 17, 2021, 11:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

As suggested on Talossa.net by @Miestra Schiva  regarding Brezhoneg as an official language of Cézembre

DRAFT LEGISLATION

Whereas
Cézembre is located in the region of Brittany, near to that peninsula flowing into the Atlantic sea and the English Channel in north west France, and

Whereas
Cézembre has adopted the historic flag of Brittany, and

Whereas
Brittany is the traditional homeland of the Breton people as one of the six Celtic nations, and

Whereas
Breton is also the name of the language of the Breton people, and

Whereas in CAG Article 5.
The sole historic and national language of the entire Talossan people, and therefore of the Cézembrian Province, is the Talossan language (el glhetg Talossan).
The Cézembrian government shall also recognise English and French as useful working second languages, and may adopt tertiary working languages by law.

Be it resolved that

The Cézembrian government shall recognize Breton as a tertiary working language.

anglatzara

How can I not throw my support behind this? (Answer: I cannot.)

Enthusiastically micked!

Ián Tamorán S.H.

Count me in, too! It's a language I even speak (well, a little).
Quality through Thought
Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

Think the best, say the best, and you will be the best.

xpb

Perhaps because all of them are in our catchment area, that we should include other Brittonic languages as tertiary working instances?  Cymraeg is available for naming of homesteads via www.w3w.co, Manx/Gaelg has a vaguely similar geography to Cézembre (albeit orders of magnatude larger).  Along with Cornish, the Britons may have had contact with our Berber ancestors within the Kingdom of the Suebi in Galicia, as Berbers were positioned in many of the most mountainous regions of Spain, such as Granada, the Pyrenees, Cantabria, and Galicia.