News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Republic Records

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, May 27, 2021, 12:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ián S.G. Txaglh

Quote from: Ián S.G. Txaglh on June 16, 2021, 08:20:53 AM
all i have has only slightly above 2 M zip-compressed.

and it is uploaded now :)

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Danihel Txechescu on June 11, 2021, 10:32:58 PM
I have located the package D.N. Vercária shared with me a couple of years ago. Will share with our Archivist
Did this happen?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on June 27, 2021, 08:08:53 PM
I have located the package D.N. Vercária shared with me a couple of years ago. Will share with our Archivist
Did this happen?
Sorry, not yet. I'll be off of work the following days, so that'll happen.

Quote from: Danihel Txechescu on June 27, 2021, 10:27:43 PM
Did this happen?
Just touching base with this again.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on July 28, 2021, 10:51:56 PM
Quote from: Danihel Txechescu on June 27, 2021, 10:27:43 PM
Did this happen?
Just touching base with this again.
I shared the files with GV "the following days" after that message.

Thank you!  @GV , did you add them to the archive?

GV

Quote from: GV on August 03, 2021, 10:01:14 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on August 03, 2021, 02:45:32 PM
Quote from: GV on July 30, 2021, 02:57:06 AM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on July 29, 2021, 01:35:34 PM

Let me get to that...
Great!  Thanks!

I will get to it...in time.  lol
Great!  I'll check in again soon, since I know you have a lot going on.

GV

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on August 04, 2021, 10:44:25 PM

Let me get to that...
Great!  Thanks!

Hee, hee...  Dowload of the compressed file went great, and the archive opened with no issue. 

Uploading this file on my 2014 Mac Mini with no eGPU is more than my meagre machine can take.  Which means I will need to ask you to upload at least the compressed file to the GoogleDrive Library of Talossa at www.libraryoftalossa.com

Thank you so much for your work on this.  My fancy image formats and other means of archiving I will do myself, but once your archive is up on that GoogleDrive, others can download it.

HUGE thanks to you for your work!

Quote from: GV on August 04, 2021, 11:36:05 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on August 04, 2021, 10:44:25 PM

Let me get to that...
Great!  Thanks!

Hee, hee...  Dowload of the compressed file went great, and the archive opened with no issue. 

Uploading this file on my 2014 Mac Mini with no eGPU is more than my meagre machine can take.  Which means I will need to ask you to upload at least the compressed file to the GoogleDrive Library of Talossa at www.libraryoftalossa.com

Thank you so much for your work on this.  My fancy image formats and other means of archiving I will do myself, but once your archive is up on that GoogleDrive, others can download it.

HUGE thanks to you for your work!

I don't have this file, unfortunately, so I can't do that. It was sent to you. Did you already upload it to the drive?

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on August 05, 2021, 07:36:14 AM
I don't have this file, unfortunately, so I can't do that. It was sent to you. Did you already upload it to the drive?

I do. It was shared with the Archivist so that he could go over the file and assess the privacy of its contents and it if could be shared in its raw form.

GV, I can upload the file to the Google Drive, just let me know if it can be shared as is.

GV

The file Witt2.7z is on libraryoftalossa.com already as it turns out.  Now that I recall, I downloaded it, but am now in the process of removing it from my computer entirely.

I had put it to Trash, but when I put it back to Desktop, the 'bird' process kicked in, and my fan started spinning madly.

Not AD's fault!  His work was and is beautiful.  The archive opened beautifully, but my machine cannot work with the resultant folders, but again, not AD's fault.

My cheapo MacMini cannot handle the complicated file structure, and I'm nearly maxed out on disk space as it is.  The Empty-Trash progress dialog indicated more than 50,000 individual items!

So we're talking about two different things.  The file Witt2.7z is the archive that I made of the old Kingdom Witt.  It sounds like you aren't able to really open it and use it, which is too bad.  It's more than a gig when uncompressed, so you'll need some space to unzip it.

But did you also get the Republic Witt archive from Danihel?  He says he sent it to you.  Can you open that?