News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Charity work

Started by Tric'hard Lenxheir, May 30, 2021, 10:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tric'hard Lenxheir

I was wondering if Talossa had ever sponsored or considered sponsoring something like a 5k walk for charity? I think it could be a fun way to spread the word and perhaps lead to new immigration. It would be a lot of fun if each province had at least one citizen participate and walk under the provincial flag or banner, the King could also be involved either as a walker or as the official starter. We could choose a different charity each year to receive donations (also known as entry fees), i'm not sure how much it would cost to organize something like this but i know they are very popular. Anywho, it was just an idea and i honestly didn't know who to suggest it to so i thought i would post it here.
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Miestră Schivă, UrN

In fact, Talossa has a government agency precisely for this kind of work, the Bureau for Humanitarian Aid and International Development . Sadly, it hasn't done anything for a while. It's been very annoying that in the Governments I've led that various Interior Ministers have neither done anything with it nor abolished it, but it's very annoying in general that I can't actually make people do what they say they will.

Maybe you want to take charge of it after the election, Tric'hard?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Tempting but i am not fully versed in how the government works yet and honestly i'm not sure i am intelligent enough to handle such an undertaking

Miestră Schivă, UrN

If you had to know anything or be intelligent to be a leader in Talossa, there would be no leadership at all, lol

But this was something the outgoing government wanted to do, but couldn't manage: create a structure so new citizens could volunteer for "internships" or whatever in Ministries/public organisations to "learn the ropes". Maybe our successors will do it, who knows.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Is there anywhere i can read about the Bureau for Humanitarian Aid and International Development?

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on May 30, 2021, 05:45:08 PM
If you had to know anything or be intelligent to be a leader in Talossa, there would be no leadership at all, lo

I was Minister of culture, but have the intelligence of lukewarm dog food.  So don't worry about knowledge.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on May 30, 2021, 07:10:57 PM
Is there anywhere i can read about the Bureau for Humanitarian Aid and International Development?
For a while the formation of the agency was a bone of contention.  This spurred TalossAid, a private charity venture, but in time, the advocates for a government office won and BHAID was created in the 48th Cosa.  After its officials were appointed (see the Seneschal's linked thread), it fulfilled its function for a while, donating one hundred dollars and then two hundred over the next to Cosas to selected charities (UNICEF and GiveDirectly, as I recall).

Eventually, the office fell into disuse, and so a bill was passed to eliminate the structure almost entirely.  This didn't remedy the problem, as the Seneschal says.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

The LCC wishes to reinvigorate the program, widening the scope of the agency to allow for more fundraising and donations to GTA charities to help our Cestour's, as well as fundraising of government-sponsored projects like the building of satellite's (which can be already done for $75 to build). This may involve many interesting events such as pub quiz's, song contests, athletic's events (sponsored hike's for example) to name but a few.
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre