Election results suggest FreeDems back, ??? on Historic Compromise

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, June 01, 2021, 07:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

HA HA HA HA lolwut?

The FreeDems did better than I expected but not as well as I hoped. I am surprised that Balançéu didn't do better with their vigorous campaign, and that the TNC and Dien did so well. I would like to congratulate the LCC on sticking to their principles even though taking an electoral beating for it; and commiserate with Marcel T on getting an extra vote and his whole shtick being ruined. Glüc and Eric also certainly existed :D (just joking guys, I love you, well done)

The four parties who supported the Historic Compromise as contained in 55RZ21 got 120 seats, short of the 2/3 majority to push it through. However, as mentioned before the election, discussions have been going on with the monarchist parties and I think there is still a good chance that Talossa will choose its king, this term - in one way or another.

As for the Senäts, the result in Cézembre is unexpected but gratifying: the result in Florencia is hilarious, but I believe since one of the candidates is also Florencia's premier, he gets to break the tie in favour of himself :D

Free Democrats have a mandate to take the lead on forming a new Government, and making Txoteu Davinescù the new Seneschál; but there needs to be a lot of discussion before we finalise who will be in that government. I don't get a final say in anything, but I'd really prefer a Cabinet of People Who Will Actually Do The Work this time - which might include people from all across the political spectrum. We shall all see.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Estimated results with different-sized Cosas

41 seats: LCC 5, FreeDems 17, NPW 2, TNC 4, Balancéu 7, Dien 3, KLüP 2, Tafial 1
21 seats: LCC 2, FreeDems 9, NPW 1, TNC 2, Balancéu 4, Dien 1, KLüP 1, Tafial 1
15 seats: LCC 2, FreeDems 6, NPW 1, TNC 1, Balancéu 3, Dien 1, KLüP 1

15 seats would therefore be the point at which 2 votes wouldn't get you a Cosa seat. Something to think about for those inclined to Cosa-size reforms.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan