Helloeu fromeu Gödafrïeu Válcadác'h

Started by GV, June 05, 2021, 07:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

Azul, todos perçoneseu de Talossaeu.  Como essere je joineu il SIGN?

Meu Talossán c'est muy mál.  Necessito lernen mehr Talossán.

Gratzì

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Yeah... we need learning materials.

I tried to write some lessons but I kinda gave up because I didnt know how to teach pronunciations, which are both elementary and overly complex. Spiking the learning curve this early seems unreasonable to me. In the end I have no experience with language teaching, but if anyone here does and likes to help me with this, please feel free to contact me.

If you can read the IPA and dont mind overly technical descriptions  and linguistics jargon, you could try the Recomendăs (on TalossaWiki) to learn the grammar and look up words on l'Översteir (oversteir.talossa.com) when you need them. Keep in mind though that the Recomendăs are 1) not finished and 2) not beginner-friendly, some caution is advised.

EDIT: About joining SIGN, all you need to do is announce your intention to join, and if more than half of existing members accept you (or if you were a member of the CÚG before it collapsed), you're in. Though you'll only really need to join if you want a say in grammar changes or whether to add new words into the official dictionary.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

GV

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on June 05, 2021, 07:08:37 PM

EDIT: About joining SIGN, all you need to do is announce your intention to join, and if more than half of existing members accept you (or if you were a member of the CÚG before it collapsed), you're in. Though you'll only really need to join if you want a say in grammar changes or whether to add new words into the official dictionary.

Let's just say in a governmental capacity, there is a strong possibility I may head up its efforts in that direction.  This alone will necessitate my joining SIGN.  I can say no more.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on June 06, 2021, 03:42:18 PM
There's always the Memrise courses as a start:
https://app.memrise.com/course/498768/first-steps-in-talossan-1a-words-for-erteiers/
https://app.memrise.com/course/627902/first-steps-in-talossan-1b-basic-words-phrases/

Although they might need to be updated, not sure.
Those are pretty much out of date, which is why I didn't link them, and we don't have direct access to them, which is why we cant update them directly. We're currently working on a new Memrise course.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I didn't realize so much had changed in the language over the last 6 years!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Françal I. Lux

We will try to salvage some of the content on the old Memrise course, but the one we're currently developing will be more of a vocab primer for beginners
F. I. Lux, Minister of Interior

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on June 06, 2021, 04:31:09 PM
I didn't realize so much had changed in the language over the last 6 years!
The spelling changed. For any other language that wouldnt be too noteworthy, but the spelling debates among Ladintschen were vicious, and I believe it would do learners a disservice to teach them the old spellings and potentially reheat the aforementioned vicious debates.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Honestly, I think the two absolutely huge achievements in the era of FreeDems leadership of the Government which have nothing to do with constitutional reforms are:

- upgrading Wittenberg and talossa.com;
- finally achieving "linguistic Reunision" with the Talossan 4.0 spelling reforms.

It's difficult to explain to non-Ladintschen the bitterness caused by the CÚG's Republican-excluding spelling reforms of 2007, but that's all over now. It was good to get Lord Hooligan's approval for the renewed Översteir which uses the new compromise spelling.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

GV

I'm working on an English-language Talossan ABCs song.  Where is the page which describes how to pronounce the name of each Talossan letter, i. e. in English the letter 'H' being pronounced 'aitch'?

Quote from: GV on June 25, 2021, 10:40:50 AM
I'm working on an English-language Talossan ABCs song.  Where is the page which describes how to pronounce the name of each Talossan letter, i. e. in English the letter 'H' being pronounced 'aitch'?

At the bottom of the Orthography section in the Recomendăs.