News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Nomination of a Túischac'h

Started by Glüc da Dhi S.H., June 10, 2021, 04:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Marcel makes a good point in discord.

I therefore nominate Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial as Túischac'h for the 56th Cosa term.
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

For context, the way this works (I just looked it up and was very surprised) is that any MC can nominate someone, but nominations have to be countersigned by a majority of MCs before the nominee gets elected.

Also, you only get one nomination/countersignature, but it can be retracted and given to someone else. And we just keep playing this game until a majority occurs.

This is all in Lex H 21

So any takers on the above nomination?

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Fwiw, I would strongly urge the coalition parties NOT to make any internal agreements on who should become Túischac'h, and any MCs to sign/nominate freely. This is one of those things any functioning democratic Cosa should decide for itself and it should not be decided for in shady backrooms.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on June 10, 2021, 04:48:31 AM
I would strongly urge the coalition parties NOT to make any internal agreements on who should become Túischac'h,

Well, that's a pity, because we already decided behind closed doors that it's you. Congratulations.

... only messing with you, but I wonder what the 2-days-old coalition has done to provoke this kind of suspiciousness. On a personal level, my own concern for Túischac'h is that they be a productive and active member of the CRL. If Marcel wants it, he can have it imho.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

I humbly accept the nomination.

I realise that the Túischac'h doesnt have that much to do outside of Living Cosăs -- the fact that the Mençei is mentioned in the Organic Law but not the Túischac'h makes it seem like the latter was an afterthought, which is odd since it's usually the other way around in other countries with a similar set up -- so, should I be elected, I'd love to conduct a Living Cosă at some point. I've been a fan of watching recordings of German parliamentary sessions for a while now, so I think this could potentially be really fun!

Oh, also,
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 10, 2021, 05:11:58 AM
On a personal level, my own concern for Túischac'h is that they be a productive and active member of the CRL.
what's CRL stand for?
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Also, voting for the Túischac'h is going to be difficult as long as more than half of all Cosă seats are left unassigned...

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Exactly, which is why I hadn't made a nomination yet. People are getting a "mite too previous".

Also:

QuoteEl Lexhatx H.7. A Legislative Advisory Committee of Talossa (in Talossan, el Comità da Redacziun Legislatïu; and hereinafter, "the CRL") shall review or revise all legislative items from the Hopper as described in H.6 above; and may recommend acceptance or rejection, or suggest amendments in their best judgement. (55RZ9)

7.1 The CRL shall conduct all its deliberations openly in the Hopper. (55RZ9)

7.2 The CRL shall consist of the incumbent Mençéi, Túischac'h, and Avocat-Xheneral. (55RZ9)

The idea is legislative proofreading. The sticky thread is right up top there.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

As the outgoing going Túischac'h, I am happy to take the lead of the election. Is there any future nominations?

Also as a question to any incoming Túischac'h  nominee's, do you plan on any live cosa sessions?
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Do we have any further nominations?
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

xpb

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on June 14, 2021, 04:02:34 PM
Do we have any further nominations?

No nomination forthcoming from  Balançeu / Balance

This doesnt seem to be going anywhere. I hereby countersign my own nomination.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I endorse the nomination of s:reu Tafial as Túischac'h, and I call upon my Free Democrat colleagues to do likewise

Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

I am happy to join my FreeDem colleagues in endorsing Marcel Tafial for Túischac'h
The Most Honourable General Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Senator for Maricopa, Kingdom of Talossa

Françal I. Lux

I also endorse Marcel Taifal for Túischac'h
F. I. Lux, Minister of Interior

Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir

I endorse the nomination of Marcel Tafial as Túischac'h
Party Secretary of the Free Democrats of Talossa
https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?board=34.0
Talossans in Christ Church :-
http://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=294.0
Başbakan of Ataturk