News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Reviving the TalossAssistant Programme

Started by Françal I. Lux, August 01, 2021, 03:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Françal I. Lux

My fellow Talossans, friends and colleagues, in accordance with my duties as minister of Interior, I would like to make a public appeal in an effort to revive this vital institution. I don't need to recite numbers to point out that the number of new, active citizens in Talossa is worryingly low. There are many issues that contribute to this problem, many of them require complex and multifaceted solutions, but the one thing we can solve very easily is reviving the TalossAssistant Programme.

While the rate and number of applicants are relatively the same, the number of people who ACTUALLY stick around and PARTICIPATE in Talossa is very low. The fact that prospects are just dropped off at the immigration sub-forum to fend for themselves without any committed assistance absolutely does not help. How can we expect them to develop the level of respect and patriotism we all feel towards this country when we don't bother giving them a helping and guiding hand to understand how Talossa works let alone why they should bother actually staying? In my opinion, it is a civic duty of ALL Talossans to help encourage new folks to appreciate Talossa the way we all do.

In an effort to revive this vital institution, I hope to appeal to all of you so that you volunteer to help the Interior Ministry and our Immigration department with this task. We cannot hope to exist as a nation in the future if we cannot convince new people to participate in our national discourse. Please make your voices heard and sign up--plus we don't need a lot, 5-8 volunteers will do for a start given the number of applications we get in any 14-day period.

I hope we can get this thing up and running at the very least. We have many great programmes and policies already on the books that would truly make Talossa rich and accessible to everyone, we just need the collective effort to make it so. This is a great place to start.

F. I. Lux, Minister of Interior

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Ian Plätschisch

Françal I. Lux

I was hoping to make an automated system for this where people can just sign up and then be appointed to a prospective citizen automatically so it'll be a smoother appointment, but since I haven't heard back from the STUFF, I suppose we could assign volunteers manually for now. I hope any of you wouldn't mind getting tagged at the immigration sub forum when the need arises

Eðo Grischun

I must have missed a message somewhere or forgot to add it to my to-do list.  My apologies.

I can help with whatever you need, but something about your proposal causes me to pause and I'll need to to do some homework.

In the EU, GDPR rules limit what can be done with wholly automated decision making processes.  I need to confirm that an automated assignation system like you propose doesn't fall foul of those laws when being applied to our citizens residing in the EU.  I'm nearly sure that we will be fine to do what you propose, but I just need to read the relevant GDPR article first.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Françal I. Lux

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on August 22, 2021, 12:37:49 PM
I must have missed a message somewhere or forgot to add it to my to-do list.  My apologies.

I can help with whatever you need, but something about your proposal causes me to pause and I'll need to to do some homework.

In the EU, GDPR rules limit what can be done with wholly automated decision making processes.  I need to confirm that an automated assignation system like you propose doesn't fall foul of those laws when being applied to our citizens residing in the EU.  I'm nearly sure that we will be fine to do what you propose, but I just need to read the relevant GDPR article first.
Just let me know if this plan is doable, if not, we can always appoint assistants manually on a rotation basis. I appreciate your input!

Miestră Schivă, UrN

You guys are both Cabinet ministers, you can discuss it in on our FB group  ;D

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Wokay. I'm Interior Minister this time and I'm going to have to take this up.

I really like the concept of an automated system for assigning TalossAssistants but, considering that immigrants are not currently wading through crocodile-infested rivers to get into Talossa, we can put that in the "future projects" basket.

We've got 3 volunteers to be TAs right now. Can I confirm that they're all still interested?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

This is still a good program and it would be great to see it return to existence.

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on February 13, 2022, 08:03:26 PM
This is still a good program and it would be great to see it return to existence.

It was revived when I was appointed as the TA to our newest citizen.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on February 14, 2022, 07:09:46 AM

Huh. I haven't heard a thing.

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on February 14, 2022, 11:16:02 AM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on February 14, 2022, 07:09:46 AM

Huh. I haven't heard a thing.

Here is my message to him in the immigration thread.

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on January 16, 2022, 01:57:51 PM
Hi Mic'haglh, I've been asked to be your Talossa Assistant to help you with immigrating. My main piece of advice right now is to jump in and ask questions, interact with other citizens, and don't be afraid to do it! We are all pretty friendly and we want you to feel welcome.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal