News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

#1
Fiôvâ / Re: [CHANCERY] August 2026 Elections in Fiovă
September 10, 2026, 02:22:04 PM
Quote from: Lee Kinrin on September 10, 2026, 07:19:32 AMWhat should I do if I want to take part in the election?

well unfortually you have just missed one, however that does mean you will, if you compleate the waiting period and take the oath, become a citzizan in time for the next election. However the political partys will be happy to have you well before the next election im sure.
#2
Wittenberg / Re: [Royal] To the People of Nepal and Tibet
September 08, 2026, 03:09:45 PM
Shelter box too
#3
Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on September 05, 2026, 01:45:47 PM
Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on September 05, 2026, 08:35:14 AMIf you have plans for our Province and its lovely people, then declare yourself before Sunday 13th!
Not sure if I could run but I do have an idea to give our province an anthem (to the melody of the Welsh anthem which is also used by Cornwall and Brittany), maybe a flag change too to make it more Talossan.

I belive the flag is correct for the island as, well, its the only province to have a flag before it was claimed by ben. Its the flag of St Malo I belive?
#4
just double checking, as i didnt put myself down on the database vote, I know as a civil servent i cant run for MC but is this the same for regional assemblies?
#5
Can I still vote?
#6
As no back up has come forward at this time, I will reluctantly take on the responsibility of taking up stewardship of this application, but due to breath of the piece and the relatively shallow knolage of international politics outside of talossa itself, i requests a extended period to review it. I appreciate your patience as I work through it. International political theory demands a meticulous, highly focused evaluation, and I prefer not to rush the process when my attention is divided. I will begin marking your paper just as soon as I can dedicate the proper time and analytical depth to it.
#7
Dolly Parton, may she rest in peace, made it one of her many missions in life to help improve child literacy, and to honour her as a socity, I think we too should do somthing simaler, Gather books together to do donate to a GTA school or Youth organisation.

We are the society for the advancement of knowledge and this is surely the least we can do.
#8
Vuode / Re: Senate election
August 21, 2026, 09:10:21 AM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN-GC on August 20, 2026, 04:34:17 PM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on August 18, 2026, 11:37:08 PMyour apparent hatred for one another

Do you think the Baron hates me?

I've mellowed out a lot towards him since we've been working well together on excluding a sex pest from polite Talossan society.


#10
That sounds good and big and clever
#11
@Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM is also a potential steward.

Im limited you see by the loss of the late, great Ian Ián Tamorán and Mr ESBs current... questionmark over membership as they are currently not a citizen. I am also willing to lower the level of qualification to steward to the fellowship should they be willing.
#12
Quote from: King Txec on August 08, 2026, 05:23:06 PM
Quote from: Tierçéu Rôibeardescù on August 08, 2026, 10:30:41 AMAs His Majesty is currently assigned to steward my own membership submition, and @Crement Itravilatx possibly having a habitual bias towards his husband (purely for the sake fairfness), I hereby call upon either @C. M. Siervicül or @Eðo Grischun to steward this submition as senior fellows of the society.

Beyond calling for a vote, what else is my roll in this?

-Txec R

Oh, well in my own application, just your thoughts on the essay, any feedback or recommendations and whether your happy to recommend the individual for membership based on their work.

On this application, I was to assume one essay at a time was more then enough that you dont have to way in on this one unless you feel that you are able to speak to its subject matter.
#13
As His Majesty is currently assigned to steward my own membership submition, and @Crement Itravilatx possibly having a habitual bias towards his husband (purely for the sake fairfness), I hereby call upon either @C. M. Siervicül or @Eðo Grischun to steward this submition as senior fellows of the society.
#14
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on August 05, 2026, 10:01:37 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 29, 2026, 10:50:52 AMHi @Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

I wanted to follow-up on my application for membership and also enquire as to the status of your own which was submitted about two weeks ago. Are there any updates concerning these applications?

@Tierçéu Rôibeardescù I hope you will forgive my additional follow-up. I am genuinely excited by your recent work to renew the Society so wanted to join and contribute in any way I can. I can certainly relate with a need to focus on non-Talossa activities (I am currently transitioning between jobs and the days are long). Once you are able I would love your comments on my application.

So sorry about that! I have been fairly busy myself, partly because I have decided I love academia so much that I do, in fact, want to do my PhD and have been writing proposals and such. I have looked over your submission and would be happy to give feedback; however, I would like to open the submissions's stewardship over to one of our senior fellows, not that I don't have time, more that i fear my understanding of the subject matter itself is outside of my personal wheelhouse of knowledge. I can give it merit on its style, format and such, however I perosally dont feel upto the task to judge its content.
#15
I can make more, I am aware of that, and I am doing that, Im asking for more then 2 lines in El Lext is all... plz
#16
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on July 20, 2026, 07:37:48 AMI don't know why you would need legal advice, but if you did, you'd ask the person whose job it is to give legal advice to government offices: the Avocat-Xheneral (me right now).  If you needed someone appointed to help you specifically, we'd find a deputy and appoint them to the job to do that.


Say, where should the lines be drawn around ethical study? Ai usege in essays ect? there is such thing as too much knolage as indeed Lexh.D.7 does state.

I would argue/question that this is intended to apply "The government of the Kingdom of Talossa has the duty and responsibility to make public information about and held by the government's cabinet ministries and sub offices within the guidelines set below," which the civil service would possibly find a ajaysecent but not necessarily beholden to such requrst, at least as read in this secton alone. we are not considered sub-offices so much as separate entities with ministerial supervison.

I raise this as a example to do with the civil service as a whole also, not just the RS. 

#17
Like, somehow we had a director of athletics at the university in the past, yet even the wiki doesn't mention it (I checked all previous versions), aside from Éovart Grischuns ÁrTal's page. Theres present for Sports to be folded in too?  At that point, maybe we could be a university again? Techically as you Say, I could do that and may even be my right to do so... the law would have to change to my wims?


21 June 1998/XIX – University of Talossa chartered... we even have the act of it too... yet not a charter itself actually exists (at least not any more)

#18
Whoa there, compadres, I know what I can do and want to do. What I want is more structure. What if i wanted to fold the collage of arms and Büreu del Glheþ and Permanent Secretary of Cultural Development. Technically all have education as part of their mandate; some are more utilised than others; if at all, some are more importent then others. All could be construed as under the remit of advancing and preserving knowledge. Should the libabry of talossa be moved to our remit too? Could we start self-publishing Talossan works?

This is more I want the position to be considered as important and be reflected in law.

Even when we were the university and BEER we had very little oversight or presence, which was why it was so easy to fall out of use and be forgotten about... But should someone not have accidentally made a tit of themselves, assigning someone to BEER in exchange for withdrawal of a vote to remove it, it could have stayed as an institution in its own right and not later have been folded into the Royal Society. It's almost like there should be a formal mechanism for accountability but also clear powers and limitations of civil servants so they don't run wild and cause a scene... like checking if the changes they are making are constitutional before doing so?

Talossas never had an education secretary or minister, yet we talk about lack of knowledge and understanding of Talossa, history, language, unbenosnet changes to key details about ourselves (like is Taco Bell even our national restaurant any more?).

this bill is not asking for permition, its asking for movement, change, clarity. And more than 2 paragraphs.

I kinda dont even care what changes are made, I just want a improvement on our current assignment.
#19
Like i shouldn't have to propose an amendment to be able to flag up a need for structural change to get this put on public record
#20
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on July 19, 2026, 09:38:35 PM
Quote from: Tierçéu Rôibeardescù on July 19, 2026, 08:09:10 PMWHEREAS maybe there should be a more formal but public mechanism for civil servant to be able manner akin to a terpz

What kind of help are you looking for?  If you're looking for direction, you can ask your supervising Government official (the Minister of Culture, @Françal I. Lux ).  If you'd like to establish more policies or guidelines, though, I think you should generally just do it.  Or you can do a public consultation if you're just not really sure.
for this particular point about civil service Terps, its more the point that there is few formal mechanisms for the civil service to be interacted with and  to intact with the state, for example we are unable to post in the ziu,  even to relevant changes in policy (SOS withstanding), there exists no mechanism for the civil service to seek a formal legal opinion thought the courts as I recently found out (AG withstanding). Finally There is no form of accountability or even freedom of information requests built in,  less in the way of needing help rather to be `summonedable` as well as to part of public record.