This version of Wittenberg is now the legal national forum for Talossa! Feel free to explore it, and to check out the threads for feedback, requests and criticisms to make sure Wittenberg is tailored to you.

Author Topic: Wittmeister's Feature List  (Read 7531 times)

Offline Eðo Grischun

• Distain, MinSTUFF, MinInt
  • Citizen
    • Talossan since: 20 February 2009

• View Profile
Re: Wittmeister's Feature List
« Reply #105 on: February 29, 2020, 01:27:27 AM »
The Rt. Hon. Senator Éovart Grischun S.H.

Distain and Minister of STUFF and Interior
Senator of Vuode

Offline Ian Plätschisch

• Leader of His Majesty's Loyal Opposition
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 29, 2020, 08:23:57 PM »
 :P

Offline Ian Plätschisch

• Leader of His Majesty's Loyal Opposition
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 29, 2020, 08:40:01 PM »
Some of the Witt globes are still “turned on” even when there are no unread messages.

luc

« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2020, 04:03:13 AM »
I am aware of this and I don't really know how to fix it. Visiting the subboard again seems to correct the issue.

luc

« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2020, 08:51:21 AM »
The appearance of forum roles and personal titles (the two thingies under your username) have been tweaked.

Additionally, I have added a "Talossan Since" profile field. I may do a round of copying dates from OldWitt this weekend, but in any case everyone is welcome to fill in their own.

I'm thinking about also adding a "full name" field, so people can still display their Talossan name AND retain perhaps a nickname for their actual display name.

Offline Eðo Grischun

• Citizen

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2020, 10:07:22 AM »

I'm thinking about also adding a "full name" field, so people can still display their Talossan name AND retain perhaps a nickname for their actual display name.

I think I'd like that.  So, I could have Éovart Grishun displayed as my Talossan name and have a field under it displaying Eðo ?

Senator of Vuode

Offline Sir Alexandreu Davinescu

• Citizen
  • CONSISTE ET COGITA
    • Talossan since: 6-9-2006

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2020, 06:14:21 PM »
The appearance of forum roles and personal titles (the two thingies under your username) have been tweaked.

Additionally, I have added a "Talossan Since" profile field. I may do a round of copying dates from OldWitt this weekend, but in any case everyone is welcome to fill in their own.

Good job, thank you as usual.
Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

luc

« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2020, 08:13:38 AM »

No problem. Good to see you back.

luc

« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2020, 08:17:12 AM »
Efforts to curb spam memberships continue. A week ago, a stricter reCAPTCHA setting was imposed, though this weekend saw more spam accounts being created after a brief hiatus.

We have now switched to a secret key verification method; the key will be supplied by Immigration officials to prospective citizens, and current citizens without an account have been provided with an email address they can use to get a valid key.

Offline Sir Alexandreu Davinescu

• Citizen
  • CONSISTE ET COGITA
    • Talossan since: 6-9-2006

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2020, 12:34:13 PM »

No problem. Good to see you back.
Thanks.  I'll check in again next month, and I'm sure you'll have done something excellent in the meantime :)  You're doing very good work with this forum.
Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Offline Sevastáin Pinátsch

• Senator for Atatürk
  • Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2020, 04:46:52 AM »
Unless you're a mod or greater, personal titles isn't something you can set.
Sevastáin Pinátsch, Senator for Atatürk
#KARED

luc

« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2020, 09:27:46 AM »
Unless you're a mod or greater, personal titles isn't something you can set.
I am not sure what you are referring to. Do you want to be able to set your personal title? The current system is the way it used to be on ProBoards as well.

Or were you directly referring to my comment - in which case, who can set personal titles doesn't really have anything to do with my tweak?

Offline Sevastáin Pinátsch

• Senator for Atatürk
  • Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2020, 03:25:05 PM »
Do you want to be able to set your personal title?
Yes.

The current system is the way it used to be on ProBoards as well.
But seeing as we run the software, does that need to remain the case? If we're trusted enough to be in the Senats or the Cosa, it seems like letting us edit our own title isn't a huge risk.
Sevastáin Pinátsch, Senator for Atatürk
#KARED

Offline Eðo Grischun

• Citizen

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2020, 03:29:20 PM »
@Sevastáin Pinátsch
But seeing as we run the software, does that need to remain the case? If we're trusted enough to be in the Senats or the Cosa, it seems like letting us edit our own title isn't a huge risk.

Yep.  Especially since any abuse of the system (fake titles and the like) could just be reversed by an admin.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 03:31:01 PM by Eðo Grischun »

Senator of Vuode