Previous topic - Next topic

Eðo Grischun

Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Ian Plätschisch

Ian Plätschisch

Some of the Witt globes are still "turned on" even when there are no unread messages.

Sir Lüc

I am aware of this and I don't really know how to fix it. Visiting the subboard again seems to correct the issue.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Sir Lüc

The appearance of forum roles and personal titles (the two thingies under your username) have been tweaked.

Additionally, I have added a "Talossan Since" profile field. I may do a round of copying dates from OldWitt this weekend, but in any case everyone is welcome to fill in their own.

I'm thinking about also adding a "full name" field, so people can still display their Talossan name AND retain perhaps a nickname for their actual display name.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Eðo Grischun

I'm thinking about also adding a "full name" field, so people can still display their Talossan name AND retain perhaps a nickname for their actual display name.

I think I'd like that.  So, I could have Éovart Grishun displayed as my Talossan name and have a field under it displaying Eðo ?
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Lüc on March 12, 2020, 08:51:21 AM
The appearance of forum roles and personal titles (the two thingies under your username) have been tweaked.

Additionally, I have added a "Talossan Since" profile field. I may do a round of copying dates from OldWitt this weekend, but in any case everyone is welcome to fill in their own.

Good job, thank you as usual.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on March 14, 2020, 06:14:21 PM

No problem. Good to see you back.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

Efforts to curb spam memberships continue. A week ago, a stricter reCAPTCHA setting was imposed, though this weekend saw more spam accounts being created after a brief hiatus.

We have now switched to a secret key verification method; the key will be supplied by Immigration officials to prospective citizens, and current citizens without an account have been provided with an email address they can use to get a valid key.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Lüc on March 16, 2020, 08:13:38 AM
Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on March 14, 2020, 06:14:21 PM

No problem. Good to see you back.
Thanks.  I'll check in again next month, and I'm sure you'll have done something excellent in the meantime :)  You're doing very good work with this forum.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sevastáin Pinátsch

Unless you're a mod or greater, personal titles isn't something you can set.
Sevastáin Pinátsch, Senator for Atatürk
#KARED

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Sevastáin Pinátsch on March 17, 2020, 04:46:52 AM
Unless you're a mod or greater, personal titles isn't something you can set.
I am not sure what you are referring to. Do you want to be able to set your personal title? The current system is the way it used to be on ProBoards as well.

Or were you directly referring to my comment - in which case, who can set personal titles doesn't really have anything to do with my tweak?
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sevastáin Pinátsch

Quote from: Lüc on March 17, 2020, 09:27:46 AM
Do you want to be able to set your personal title?
Yes.

Quote from: Lüc on March 17, 2020, 09:27:46 AM
The current system is the way it used to be on ProBoards as well.
But seeing as we run the software, does that need to remain the case? If we're trusted enough to be in the Senats or the Cosa, it seems like letting us edit our own title isn't a huge risk.
Sevastáin Pinátsch, Senator for Atatürk
#KARED

Eðo Grischun

@Sevastáin Pinátsch
But seeing as we run the software, does that need to remain the case? If we're trusted enough to be in the Senats or the Cosa, it seems like letting us edit our own title isn't a huge risk.

Yep.  Especially since any abuse of the system (fake titles and the like) could just be reversed by an admin.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Bråneu Excelsio

I was mentioned in a thread I'm not able to see but got the email to notify me anyway. I don't know if it's something I'd change because I found it funny but it might no be ideal for that to happen.
Fiován.