News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Possible Rank Badges for the Zouaves

Started by Antonio Montagnha, Ed. D., April 14, 2022, 02:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antonio Montagnha, Ed. D.

The following is an exercise in graphic design and is submitted for use by the Els Zuávs da l'Altahál Rexhitál (The Zouaves of the Royal Bodyguard). If those in change of the organization wish to use these designs with edits, please let me know.

https://talossamainstreet.weebly.com/ranks

Antonio Montagnha, Ed. D., MC
Deputy Minister of Culture Select, Member of the 57th Cosa
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Whisky Society

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Those look great! I really like the little catch phrases for each one (Except the captain of course  ;)), it really gives them some character.
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

These all look really good. Thanks for the effort!
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Very sharp! So now there's two competing new designs!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

My feedback on the last design:
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 11, 2022, 12:37:33 PM
While I never implemented this, when I reformed the Zuavs and created the current system, I imagined that their colours would be blue and red, in keeping with their Berber origin.  The French Zuoaves wore a stylized version of a traditional Berber costume, with blue jackets with red trim and red pants.  So blue with red trim would be my advice, but of course the current commander gets to set all of that policy (unless the MinDef overrules him).

The current award design -- as far as it goes -- has one silver bar awarded for PSC, two silver bars for PFC, one gold bar for SPC, and two gold bars for CPL.
Those would still be my color preferences, personally. I love the squirrel, crow, and crown motifs.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein