[Terpelaziun] Technology Minister

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, June 02, 2022, 07:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Okay, let's be clear in our terms. I am at least able to raise a support ticket when things go wrong on some level - as in the past when Witt or the Wiki or talossa.com have just gone wrong for whatever reason, the kind folks at DeRoyal have set things back on their feet quite expeditiously. So we're not completely helpless.

With the specific question of Wittenberg's running software, I'm guided by the SoS. If he says "we need this updated", the Government would make it a top priority to find someone to help make that happen. My first port of call would be the current Deputy MinTech, Bradley Higgs, who is not a very active Talossan but would be on call. The next port of call would be s:reux da Schir and Grischün in the hope that one of them might be available. In extreme extremities, I have a non-Talossan friend who has helped us out in the past.

I would end by mentioning that - without wanting to cause anyone embarrassment - I have explicitly messaged s:reu da Schir and asked him if he wanted to step into a formal backend admin role like he used to have, and I did not get a positive response.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Okay, thank you!  So we can bring up issues about hosting difficulties, but just not really get at the nuts and bolts of any of the software.  Maybe it would be fair to say that we're in a position to tread water, but we can't actively manage or change or update our own stuff?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on July 17, 2022, 05:59:35 PM
Okay, thank you!  So we can bring up issues about hosting difficulties, but just not really get at the nuts and bolts of any of the software.  Maybe it would be fair to say that we're in a position to tread water, but we can't actively manage or change or update our own stuff?

Well, we can of course update that content on talossa.com, but apart from that, that's a fair summary. I yearn for the day when I can appoint a DepMinTech or a PermSec who actually grasps the nuts and bolts.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Fair enough!  Thank you for tolerating this meandering tepelaziun thread.  It stayed on-topic, but I appreciate your attention and willingness to be open about our state of affairs.  It is very much to your credit.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein