[Chancery] Call for Bills for the November Clark

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, October 24, 2022, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

It is my pleasure to open call for bills of the November 2022 Clark.

Eventually, the clark can be viewed in real time here:

www.talossa.ca/files/cosa_vote_result.php?cosa=57&clark=6 (for the votes)

and here:

www.talossa.ca/files/clark.php?cosa=57&clark=6 (for the bills )

It is NOT too late to submit bills, of course, as you have OFFICIALLY until the morning of the 31st of this month, provided your bills have been in the Hopper before end of business day the 15th, of course. I will make the Clark on November 1st's morning and bills submitted up to a few hours before that will probably also be taken.

PLEASE note that in order to support a bill, you need to:

1 ) Be a Senator, the Secretary of State or the King
or
2 ) Have been nominated as a Cosa Member for the upcoming Clark BEFORE the 15th,

To vote on the Clark, you will once again have 2 options:

1 ) You will be able to vote in the Clark thread (which will be created later on the 1st of November), as usual. I will enter your votes in the DB.

2 ) You will be able to vote directly in the database, using your usernumber and DB password (which you can retrieve at: www.talossa.ca/files/login.php using the PSC of the election) or by login via Facebook (which retrieve manual activation on my part).

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretár d'Estat
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Tric'hard Lenxheir

A CALL TO ARMS

Whereas, the president of Russia has repeatedly thumbed his nose at international law, and
Whereas, Russia has illegally annexed 5 regions of the sovereign nation of Ukraine, and
Whereas, the Ukrainian people have shown their ability to defend their borders, and
Whereas, the Ukrainian people have shown their desire to remain free of Russian dictatorship, and
Whereas, the Ziu has already passed a Sense of the Ziu condemning Russian aggression against Ukraine which Russia has ignored.

Therefore, be it resolved, that the Ziu calls upon the Seneschal to declare that a state of war exists between the Kingdom of Talossa and the Russia Federation.

Let us stand with the brave people of Ukraine in their ongoing fight for freedom!

Uréu q'estadra så:
Tric'hard Lenxheir (MC-TNC)
Breneir Tzaracomprada (Sen-FL, TNC)
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on October 24, 2022, 11:13:48 PMA CALL TO ARMS

Whereas, the president of Russia has repeatedly thumbed his nose at international law, and
Whereas, Russia has illegally annexed 5 regions of the sovereign nation of Ukraine, and
Whereas, the Ukrainian people have shown their ability to defend their borders, and
Whereas, the Ukrainian people have shown their desire to remain free of Russian dictatorship, and
Whereas, the Ziu has already passed a Sense of the Ziu condemning Russian aggression against Ukraine which Russia has ignored.

Therefore, be it resolved, that the Ziu calls upon the Seneschal to declare that a state of war exists between the Kingdom of Talossa and the Russia Federation.

Let us stand with the brave people of Ukraine in their ongoing fight for freedom!

Uréu q'estadra så:

In order to accurately list this bill, is it a proposal to change current law or a Sense of the Ziu?
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă, GST on October 25, 2022, 10:01:44 AM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on October 24, 2022, 11:13:48 PMA CALL TO ARMS

Uréu q'estadra så:

In order to accurately list this bill, is it a proposal to change current law or a Sense of the Ziu?

I guess it falls under a sense of the ziu although, we already have a sense of the ziu regarding Russia but I don't believe it can actually be a law.
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Bråneu Excelsio

The PIG has ceased to be Act.

WHEREAS there is no record of the Primary Intelligence Group (PIG) having been active at any time in the last 10 years, and

WHEREAS this Bureau is legally bound to exist because it's written in El Lexhatx, and

WHEREAS we've been dragging this Bureau for over 20 years with no real use, and

WHEREAS its purpose isn't clear and looks shady and it needs at least 4 people to operate its activities hidden from the eyes of the citizens

THEREFORE be it resolved that the subsection D.2.4.1.3, which currently reads
Quote2.4.1.3 The Primary Intelligence Group
shall be deleted from el Lexhatx.

FURTHERMORE, I.3, which currently reads
Quote3. The Grupâ Primár del Säpençéu (Primary Intelligence Group) shall be administered by the Zirectéir del Säpençéu (Intelligence Director). This group is chartered to collect, analyze and disseminate vital information to our Seneschál and others as directed. Operates separately from, but in concert with all other domestic and allied information collection agencies, military organizations, law enforcement agencies and other groups as directed. Provides briefings to the Ziu as directed by the Seneschál. Will be divided into three branches, which, respectively, may be headed by a Deputy Director, and are known as: General Operations Directorate - which conducts clandestine operations, information collection and other duties as directed. Analysis Sub-Section - which conducts information analysis and other duties as directed. Internal Information Security Sub-Section, which conducts intra-agency security operations and other duties as directed.

shall also be deleted from el Lexhatx and the Scribe is directed to renumber subsequent sections and subsections as necessary for good order.

Uréu q'estadra så:
Bråneu Excelsio, Minister of Defence

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Just arrived in Winnipeg after 13 hours of driving. Wanted to submit this bill for clarking:

Sense of the Ziu: Celebrating Cjovani Culture

Whereas, the Cjovani subculture in the province of Benito has organically grown to impressive proportions, and

Whereas, it is a continuing imperative of national politics to encourage a thriving atmosphere of cultural vitality in the provinces, and

Whereas, while it is not within the purview of the Ziu to mandate such action we are not prohibited from encouraging our colleagues in subnational leadership.

Therefore be it resolved that it is the Sense of the Ziu that:

That the development of subcultures allows the Kingdom as a whole and provinces specifically to accommodate the multiplicity of ways Talossans see themselves in a more meaningful manner, and

That the Ziu of Talossa recognizes and celebrates the distinct Cjovani subculture for its contributions to society in Benito and Talossa, and

That the Ziu of Talossa encourages action by Benitian provincial authorities to formally recognize the distinctness and contributions of Cjovanis to both Benito and Talossa at large, and

That the Ziu of Talossa encourages recognition of the trailblazing work of both Iason Taiwos and Vitxalmour Conductor in pouring life into this important strain of the Kingdom's cultural tapestry.

Uréu q'estadra så:
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu (Sen-BE, NPW)
Tric'hard Lenxheir (MC, TNC)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 27, 2022, 12:29:12 AMEiric S. Bornatfiglheu (Sen-BE, NPW)

This may be seen as petty on my part, but there is no currently registered party called "NPW." I am aware that the Senator has proposed restarting the NPW, but as the Clark is an official record, I must regrettably omit the letters NPW from the Senator's limousine on the Clark.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Currently Clarked bills:

RZ24 - Sense of the Ziu: A Call to Arms
RZ25 - The PIG Has Ceased to Be Act
RZ26 - Sense of the Ziu: Celebrating Cjovani Culture
RZ27 - The Dandelions Start At Fourteen Amendment
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 27, 2022, 03:17:30 PMHello, yes. Please to be Clarking The Dandelions Start at Fourteen Act and Amendment.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see where this bill spent any time at all in the Hopper before being moved to the CRL. I do see a discussion of a bill, but not one in its current form and what is in the Hopper is substantially different than what was placed before the CRL.

I also note that only one member of the CRL, excluding the proposer herself, commented and gave approval. I don't want to create problems, but I don't see how I can Clark this bill. Please help me understand how it has passed the provisions of El.Lex H.6
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă, GST on October 27, 2022, 03:41:06 PMPerhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see where this bill spent any time at all in the Hopper before being moved to the CRL. I do see a discussion of a bill, but not one in its current form and what is in the Hopper is substantially different than what was placed before the CRL.

The established consensus of the CRL is that "the essential text of the proposed law or amendment" is sufficient to move on to the Clark.

QuoteI also note that only one member of the CRL, excluding the proposer herself, commented and gave approval.

Including the proposer herself, that means 2/3 members of the CRL, which - again, by consensus of the CRL - is enough.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

I have no argument on the "whereas" etc. my concern and where I see a substantive change is the following that I cannot find in the original legislative proposal:

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 26, 2022, 05:20:54 PM2. El Lexhatx E.13 and all its subsections shall be replaced in their entirety with the following text:

QuoteAny child or ward of a Talossan citizen under the age of 14 years may be registered by their Talossan parent or guardian as a "Dandelion-In-Waiting" or Implind, by application to the Secretary of State. To assist them in their future decision as to whether to become Talossan citizens, Implinds may avail themselves of the rights and privileges of prospective citizens, subject to any limits agreed by their Talossan parent or guardian and the Secretary of State.

This is discussed in the CRL to some extent, but could this be seen as a substantially different proposal when the original language was to simply delete E.13?
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Am I to understand that you would have no problem Clarking this bill if that provision was replaced with the simple provision envisioned in the original Hopper thread to delete E.13?

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 27, 2022, 07:05:52 PMAm I to understand that you would have no problem Clarking this bill if that provision was replaced with the simple provision envisioned in the original Hopper thread to delete E.13?

Yes. I've nothing against the bill but in my view it is too substantially different as is.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

All right. Fine. Please to be clarking.

The Dandelions Start At Fourteen Amendment

WHEREAS current Talossan law as embodied in Organic Law X.3 states that all children of Talossan citizens are themselves natural-born Talossan citizens from birth, known as Dandelions;

AND WHEREAS there is a problem whereby the parents of Dandelions renounce or lose their citizenships, and the Kingdom is unable to contact the Dandelions to determine whether they themselves are interested in continuing to be Talossan citizens;

AND WHEREAS there is a broader problem considering the involvement in Talossa of those under the age of 14 and their ability to consent to citizenship;

AND WHEREAS this Bill shall have no direct impact on the citizenship status of existing Dandelions, trapped or otherwise; but, by virtue of the removal of the El Lexhatx E.13.2, shall "strike out" naturally; and yet will, by virtue of this amendment, be able to recover their citizenship at any time they may choose to do so;

BE IT ENACTED by the King, Senäts and Cosa of Talossa in Ziu assembled that:

1. Article X Section 3 of the Organic Law shall be amended to read as follows:

QuoteChildren born after 1 January 1989/X, one (or both) of whose biological or adoptive parents is a Talossan citizen at the time of the birth ("Dandelions") shall automatically be granted Talossan citizenship when they register themselves with the Secretary of State on or after their 14th birthday.

2. El Lexhatx E.13 and all its subsections shall be deleted in their entirety, but left blank pending future replacement.