News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Cartoonist Laureate?

Started by Iason Taiwos, April 03, 2020, 03:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Taiwos

As many of you may well be aware, I love comic books. Recently, a comics artist/writer who's work I immensely like, Rick Veitch, was appointed Vermont's Cartoonist Laureate. (Cartoonist Laureate? Who knew there was such a thing? And why doesn't Talossa have one?) As Secretary of Cultural Development (boy, I sure do like repeating that title, don't I?), I thought it would be a fun idea to do a search for Talossa's own Cartoonist Laureate. Any cartoonists in the house? Submit some of your work, we'll present it and have people vote on it. Maybe YOU can be recognized as Talossa's Official Cartoonist!  (We used to have a Poet Laureate, don't know what ever became of that.) I'll come up with some rules and stuff for this later on. (Today was my last day at work, my place is shutting down for at least two weeks because of the Rona, so I'll have plenty of free time for cultural projects.) (Miestra has suggested we do a Talossan recipe contest, which I will make a thread about later, after I've given some thought into how to do it.)