This version of Wittenberg is now the legal national forum for Talossa! Feel free to explore it, and to check out the threads for feedback, requests and criticisms to make sure Wittenberg is tailored to you.

Author Topic: ZECLARAZIUN IMPIRTINT: l'Översteir, marqeu II  (Read 491 times)

Offline Miestră Schivă, UrN

• Prime Minister
  • Citizen
  • Large and In Charge
    • Talossan since: 2004-06-12

• View Profile
    • Free Democrats of Talossa
ZECLARAZIUN IMPIRTINT: l'Översteir, marqeu II
« on: April 09, 2020, 06:45:03 PM »
Dear friends of the Talossan language, please be present at the unveiling of the new Översteir, the online English-Talossan dictionary. Programmed by Talossa's official webmonkey, @Senator Lüc da Schir, it is now as fully functional as the previous model, and (importantly) it uses up-to-date spelling based on the SIGN "Provisional Rules".

Lüc adds:

There's a little to do list,
- filtering the search on part of speech
- noun/adjective declination
- control panel for future Treisour changes / fixes
- voice synthesis (maybe?)
and there certainly are other things that may be requested (or me or Marcel couldn't think of)
but this as it stands is a fully usable replacement for old Översteir, with the new spelling to boot, which we can maintain and improve in the future
I will keep working on a beta version while the official Översteir is stable and untouched
And every time the stable Översteir is updated, I will publish the code of that version somewhere

(You know what I just thought of? Some day some real GIANT of linguistics will translate El Treisour into other languages... French? Esperanto? Quenya?)

¡Amusetz-voi ben!

Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Talossa. Ask me anything.

"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan
"It probably would be a bit helpful if you resigned and became inactive..." - Sir A. Davinescù

luc

Re: ZECLARAZIUN IMPIRTINT: l'Översteir, marqeu II
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 12:43:26 PM »
Update: the control panel is done, so SIGN has full control of the content of the website. I'm probably going to take a breather from this project, and hopefully no bugs will pop up (in that event, I recommend using the link on the website for proper reporting).

Offline Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial

• Batetz las maes, perf. — Freelance glheþineir
    • Talossan since: 12. Mai dallas 2014/XXXV

• View Profile
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

<Recommendations on the Talossan Language (WIP grammar)>
<L'Översteir>

luc

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 01:22:06 PM »

luc

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 03:53:42 PM »
Small note regarding the stable (current) version.

A few weeks ago, a bug was posted on Discord about a typo in neutral (-escu) past participles for certain types of verbs. This has now been fixed.