[Cantzelerïă/Chancery] Call for Bills for the May Clark / 58th Cosa

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, April 24, 2023, 04:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

It is my pleasure to open call for bills of the May 2023 Clark.

Eventually, the clark can be viewed in real time here:

www.talossa.ca/files/cosa_vote_result.php?cosa=58&clark=3 (for the votes)

and here:

www.talossa.ca/files/clark.php?cosa=58&clark=3 (for the bills )

It is NOT too late to submit bills, of course, as you have OFFICIALLY until the morning of the 30th of this month, provided your bills have been in the Hopper before end of business day the 15th, of course. I will make the Clark on May 1st's morning and bills submitted up to a few hours before that will probably also be taken.

PLEASE note that in order to support a bill, you need to:

1 ) Be a Senator, the Secretary of State or the King
or
2 ) Have been nominated as a Cosa Member for the upcoming Clark BEFORE the 15th,

To vote on the Clark, you will once again have 2 options:

1 ) You will be able to vote in the Clark thread (which will be created later on the 1st of May), as usual. I will enter your votes in the DB.

2 ) You will be able to vote directly in the database, using your usernumber and DB password (which you can retrieve at: www.talossa.ca/files/login.php using the PSC of the election) or by login via Facebook (which retrieve manual activation on my part).

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretár d'Estat
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 23, 2023, 11:56:21 AM
The Appeals Act

WHEREAS there's no limit on appeals, so no case is ever really closed unless every appeal is exhausted, and

WHEREAS it's wildly unjust for a resolved case to hang over someone's head indefinitely, and

WHEREAS the corts have not established a rule about this

THEREFORE a new provision shall be inserted as the fifth subsubsection to the first subsection of the third section of Title G of el Lexhatx, reading
QuoteThere is a 90-day statute of limitations on all appeals.

Uréu q'estadra så:
Baron Alexandreu Davinescu (MC-TNC)
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on May 31, 2022, 01:28:04 PM
The Legal Repair Amendment

WHEREAS currently the entire status of much of our legal system is possibly itself illegal, since the Ziu's ennumerated powers do not include any power to write criminal laws at all, nor to regulate any aspect of the legal system, meaning that most of Titles A & J are very much in doubt if challenged in cort, and

WHEREAS this means that basically none of our criminal laws or rules about the cort system actually work,

THEREFORE the third section of Article VII of the 1997 Organic Law shall be amended to include these additional provisions:

Quote20. Criminal justice designed to protect the personal and property rights of citizens.
21. Administrative matters incidental to the functioning of the justice system.

Uréu q'estadra så:
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 15, 2023, 08:24:36 PMWHEREAS there is a large legal loophole that would permit virtually any crime, including very serious crimes such as threats of sexual assault, theft, bribery, or anything else, and

WHEREAS the problem lies with the fact that we're offering unlimited and unqualified sanctuary under terms which clearly reference the medieval Christian practice of offering church protection from secular law, thereby allowing anyone to claim the right of sanctuary if accused of crimes, and

WHEREAS it's hard to find any other way to interpret this bit of the law so that it makes sense, and so therefore this reading probably is going to be a valid one, or at the very least would be an incredible complication that might make it impossible to prosecute someone, and

WHEREAS no one has yet taken advantage of it, but there's no reason to think that will last forever,

THEREFORE the tenth section of Title A of el Lexhatx, which currently reads

Quote10. The Ziu hereby recognizes the historic right of churches and other religious organizations to offer sanctuary to individuals in dire need.

is hereby stricken in its entirety.

Uréu q'estadra så:

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 24, 2023, 06:37:14 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 23, 2023, 11:56:21 AM
The Appeals Act

WHEREAS there's no limit on appeals, so no case is ever really closed unless every appeal is exhausted, and

WHEREAS it's wildly unjust for a resolved case to hang over someone's head indefinitely, and

WHEREAS the corts have not established a rule about this

THEREFORE a new provision shall be inserted as the fifth subsubsection to the first subsection of the third section of Title G of el Lexhatx, reading
QuoteThere is a 90-day statute of limitations on all appeals.

Uréu q'estadra så:

Has this bill passsed the required time in the hopper? I see it was proposed to both the Hopper and the CRL on the same day.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 24, 2023, 06:37:45 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on May 31, 2022, 01:28:04 PM
The Legal Repair Amendment

WHEREAS currently the entire status of much of our legal system is possibly itself illegal, since the Ziu's ennumerated powers do not include any power to write criminal laws at all, nor to regulate any aspect of the legal system, meaning that most of Titles A & J are very much in doubt if challenged in cort, and

WHEREAS this means that basically none of our criminal laws or rules about the cort system actually work,

THEREFORE the third section of Article VII of the 1997 Organic Law shall be amended to include these additional provisions:

Quote20. Criminal justice designed to protect the personal and property rights of citizens.
21. Administrative matters incidental to the functioning of the justice system.

Uréu q'estadra så:

This bill was substantially altered from its original form only two days ago in the Hopper and placed before the CRL on the same day. Again, I'm not sure I can Clark this bill either.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 24, 2023, 06:38:26 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 15, 2023, 08:24:36 PMWHEREAS there is a large legal loophole that would permit virtually any crime, including very serious crimes such as threats of sexual assault, theft, bribery, or anything else, and

WHEREAS the problem lies with the fact that we're offering unlimited and unqualified sanctuary under terms which clearly reference the medieval Christian practice of offering church protection from secular law, thereby allowing anyone to claim the right of sanctuary if accused of crimes, and

WHEREAS it's hard to find any other way to interpret this bit of the law so that it makes sense, and so therefore this reading probably is going to be a valid one, or at the very least would be an incredible complication that might make it impossible to prosecute someone, and

WHEREAS no one has yet taken advantage of it, but there's no reason to think that will last forever,

THEREFORE the tenth section of Title A of el Lexhatx, which currently reads

Quote10. The Ziu hereby recognizes the historic right of churches and other religious organizations to offer sanctuary to individuals in dire need.

is hereby stricken in its entirety.

Uréu q'estadra så:

This bill is substantially altered from its Hopper form. I'm not sure it can be Clarked either.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 24, 2023, 08:26:28 PMHello, I submit the following bills for clarking:

The Second Catchment Area Reform Act
The Cjovani Ziua Auservada Bill
The SOS Succession Reform Act

The Second Catchment Area Reform Act does not appear to have any approvals in the CRL.
The Cjovani Ziua Auservada Bill was changed AFTER approval by the CRL.
The SOS Succession Reform Act was approved by the CRL in the 57th Cosa and has not been approved by the current CRL for the 58th Cosa.

As such, until these bills are approved by the existing CRL, I cannot Clark any of them.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

All three of my bills are separated parts of a single larger bill. I believe they each received full consideration, since the text is not different. I would ask you to reconsider, although this is completely your prerogative.

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 25, 2023, 10:06:57 AMAll three of my bills are separated parts of a single larger bill. I believe they each received full consideration, since the text is not different. I would ask you to reconsider, although this is completely your prerogative.

I'm more than happy to reconsider. Can you show me which bill these three new bills all stem from? Thanks.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on May 25, 2022, 12:11:28 PM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on May 25, 2022, 10:34:15 AM
Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on May 23, 2022, 05:46:38 PMI would like to re-Clark the Compromise on the Compromise Amendment

I have two questions: 1) Has the bill passed the muster of the CRL? and, 2) What is the link to the bill so I can Clark the correct version.

Thanks.
1) Yes, it passed the CRL last term
2) https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=848.0

Mr. Secretary I would cite this as precedent where you allowed the bill in question above to be clarked without another approval of the CRL. Am I mistaken?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

The Cjovani Ziua Auservada Bill was changed to reflect comments BY the CRL. Why would this prevent it from being clarked?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

The Second Catchment Area Reform Act was explicitly approved by ESB on March 29th and by Baron Davinescu also on March 29th. @Baron Alexandreu Davinescu would you be able to confirm your approval?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight