News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

[PRÜMĂ] Talossan ID Cards - free!

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, May 11, 2023, 09:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naseerahmed

Hello I've attended the civics test and i passed also i finished filling out the form so is there anything else that I need to do my email id is naseerahamed0506@gmail.com
naseerahmed

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Test passed and submission sent ! Excited to receive my new ID and try it at the customs
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Just FYI to all: we're almost at ten responses, which is going to be the size of the first batch.  There might be another batch sent out this term, but that's uncertain -- if you were thinking about getting an ID card, now is the time!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

When can we expect to receive our ID cards? Ever?
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on July 20, 2023, 09:20:56 AMWhen can we expect to receive our ID cards? Ever?

@Baron Alexandreu Davinescu @Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat Any updates here? Hopefully this can move faster than the Chancery's work on the Census...

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 20, 2023, 09:36:07 AM
Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on July 20, 2023, 09:20:56 AMWhen can we expect to receive our ID cards? Ever?

@Baron Alexandreu Davinescu @Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat Any updates here? Hopefully this can move faster than the Chancery's work on the Census...

This is unnecessarily rude S:reu Seneschal. How exactly would you like me to make things move faster? Shall I learn how to hack the database? Force MPF to work less hours to assist me?
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on July 20, 2023, 10:05:42 AM

This is unnecessarily rude S:reu Seneschal. How exactly would you like me to make things move faster? Shall I learn how to hack the database? Force MPF to work less hours to assist me?

No, it is no more rude than you suggesting "ever?" as an appropriate inquiry for receipt of the ID cards. My point was to be weary of glass houses when complaining, Mr. Secretary.

If we need to drop the Skills Initiative to get the Census going then that might be the way forward or consider a different option for distribution entirely. But not doing it is unacceptable.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 20, 2023, 10:09:00 AM

No, it is no more rude than you suggesting "ever?" as an appropriate inquiry for receipt of the ID cards. My point was to be weary of glass houses when complaining, Mr. Secretary.

If we need to drop the Skills Initiative to get the Census going then that might be the way forward or consider a different option for distribution entirely. But not doing it is unacceptable.

So your strategy is if you think someone is being rude, let's also be rude? Gotcha. I wasn't being intentionally rude, and I apologize for using the word ever. I'm just as annoyed at your government as the previous government over this issue but it was beneath me nevertheless.

As for the census, I would love to implement it. I literally have no way of manually beginning it, as I explained previously. It was my understanding from early in my time as Secretary of State that it was automatic as a census occurred without my input right after I took over. I believe now I was wrong and it must be triggered. I'm sorry that it has not happened. This is something I personally do not control.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on July 20, 2023, 10:24:02 AM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 20, 2023, 10:09:00 AM

So your strategy is if you think someone is being rude, let's also be rude? Gotcha. I wasn't being intentionally rude, and I apologize for using the word ever. I'm just as annoyed at your government as the previous government over this issue but it was beneath me nevertheless.

As for the census, I would love to implement it. I literally have no way of manually beginning it, as I explained previously. It was my understanding from early in my time as Secretary of State that it was automatic as a census occurred without my input right after I took over. I believe now I was wrong and it must be triggered. I'm sorry that it has not happened. This is something I personally do not control.

I guess you can tell I'm frustrated by this state of affairs. I am sorry if my expression of frustration was rude.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

The first batch were poorly-printed, and so I reordered them from a different vendor.  I hope to get them out to everyone at the start of next month.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Danihel Forestal

I submitted my info almost a year ago now. Still no ID....
Citizen of Atatürk, Talossa since 2-July-2008

Quote from: Danihel Forestal on July 22, 2023, 01:03:23 PMI submitted my info almost a year ago now. Still no ID....
As I understand it, that issue of cards never actually got done, so we rolled you into the next issue.

The current issue closed out when it seemed like we weren't going to get any more applicants, about halfway through June.  If you look earlier in the thread, you can see me doing last call in the last couple of days of May.  I processed them and sent them to the printer, but the first issue didn't look good when I got them back about two weeks ago.  I have selected a different vendor and sent them out again.  We expect you should have your ID in your hands by the end of August.

Danihel Forestal

Thank you, Baron. I am almost certain that I'll be moving before then, though I don't have a solid address yet. Can I ask that mine not be mailed out until I have that nailed down?
Citizen of Atatürk, Talossa since 2-July-2008

Iason Taiwos

I probably applied for my initial card as soon as they were available. (You know me, I instantly jump on anything free.) Mic'haglh Autofil sent me a nice letter with my card. The letter was dated July 26, 2022. So it's not quite been a full year since this service was available. (I lost the card and have applied for my second one...yeah, I lost my ID card weeks after I got it, but still have Autofil's letter that accompanied it...)

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Iason Taiwos on July 22, 2023, 04:45:03 PMI probably applied for my initial card as soon as they were available. (You know me, I instantly jump on anything free.) Mic'haglh Autofil sent me a nice letter with my card. The letter was dated July 26, 2022. So it's not quite been a full year since this service was available. (I lost the card and have applied for my second one...yeah, I lost my ID card weeks after I got it, but still have Autofil's letter that accompanied it...)

So the batch that was never sent out was a few months ago but before the severely delayed transferral of the files from Autofil.
Baron, thanks for being on top of this.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight