A letter to the provincial assembly and executive

Started by Eðo Grischun, May 14, 2020, 10:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eðo Grischun

To the Provincial Assembly and Executive,

Recently, a suggestion was made at a meeting of the Council of Governors by its member for Fiova.  The original text of that suggestion is as follows:

I'm going to throw a completely wild suggestion in here which might not only help revive our various local governments, but also solve an issue which has plagued post-Reunision Talossa; how to get new immigrants involved in a way that kept them around.

Time was that a new citizen would be given Cosă seats right off the bat to "get them involved"; however, in practice this meant that the ruling parties just tended to "assimilate" new citizens, leading to self-perpetuating dominance of a single party.

But what if we expected all new citizens to get involved in their local Governments? And what if this Council decided that every Provincial leadership would go away and draw up a Getting New Citizens Involved In the Provinces plan over the next month or two?

(Miestrâ Schiva, UrN)

The Ministry of the Interior now seeks the opinions of the provincial assemblies and executives on this proposal.  I encourage each province to begin conversations on this topic by whichever means and manner suitable and practicable to your local region.

Additionally, the Ministry would like to inform the provincial assemblies and executives that the Ministry and its immigration bureau stands ready to work with each individual province in implementing any feasible ideas to meet the aims of the above quoted proposal.

If anybody wishes to speak directly with me on this matter then I can be reached via PM here on Witt or by email at immigration@talossa.com

Yours for Talossa,

The Right Honourable Senator Éovart Grischun S.H.
Minister of the Interior
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Do you have any way of contacting Dame Litz? She is currently the provincial executive.

(Also, she still needs to appoint an interim senator)
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Dame Litz has recently commented in the Cabinet forum to let us know of personal issues which are keeping her away from Talossa at  the moment. I'll pass the message on.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: Miestrâ Schiva, UrN on May 18, 2020, 06:39:30 PM
Dame Litz has recently commented in the Cabinet forum to let us know of personal issues which are keeping her away from Talossa at  the moment. I'll pass the message on.
Sorry to hear this, I was not aware of that. I sent her an email earlier but got no reply. I hope everything is ok,

In the meantime, perhaps @King John  can make a Senatorial appointment?

As for the original topic of this post, I guess there isn't anyone to reply then, because I dont think we have a functioning etats either (did any party even assign seats?)

xpb

I have sent a message to the King on the topic as well.

King John

We John, etc, etc, do hereby appoint Sir X. Pol Briga to the vacant Senate seat for Cézembre.  Done under our hand royal this 1st day of June, 2020, at Centennial in Colorado.

-- John R

And that brings up an unrelated question.  Can someone tell me how to type diacriticals in this new forum?

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: xpb on June 01, 2020, 09:21:15 AM
I have sent a message to the King on the topic as well.

LOL, you certainly know how to get results...

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Congratulations @xpb on the appointment and thank you for your willingness to serve. Also thanks to His Majesty for making the appointment.

I have added you to the database but I haven't been able to email you the clark yet, because the database doesn't allow me to send to only one specific MZ. You should still be able to find the information you need here though: https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=298.0

xpb

I served for the June 2020 Clark, and now I think there is some question on how to proceed - see http://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=338.msg2062#msg2062

I am willing to stand for election, rather than merely appointment, and would welcome any competition for the position.

XPB

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The Free Democrats will be putting forward a nominee for the position when nominations open.