Miestră Schivă's attitude kills the desire to participate in the public affairs

Started by mximo, June 04, 2024, 05:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mximo

Miestră Schivă seems not to understand that we are all volunteers here. She often denounces the apathy of citizens in political participation. Her way of destroying initiatives by not participating in the process and then criticizing the lack of results in a matter that did not interest her initially. I tried to start a new project. I accepted two ministerial roles because no one else was available to take on the responsibilities. I tried to initiate a project and now she questions me as if I were being paid to do the work. Her attitude is exactly what destroys the pleasure of participating in the construction of the national state that is Talossa. What do you propose regarding foreign affairs and defense in the context of this 60th election?

Mximo Carbonèl
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I'm interested in whether Mximo's superior, Seneschal @þerxh Sant-Enogat, and his party colleague, @Breneir Tzaracomprada, agree that:

• the Opposition are to be condemned for (polite) TERPs asking for details on Government activities;
  • Ministers don't have to be accountable for their performance since they're volunteers;
  • the Opposition has no right to critique if they didn't offer to help the Government with their program (without being asked to)

Certianly, if the FreeDems had been asked to provide a Deputy Foreign Minister, we would have jumped at the chance, as we did to provide a Deputy Minister of Stuff.

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Bråneu Excelsio

I mean it was just one terp.
Distáin. Minister of Defence. Minister of STUFF. COFFEE founder.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Yeah. TERPs are now a vital part of Talossan democracy, i.e. they're the only way that the Opposition can hold the Government to account. And of course the Government are legally allowed to give rude quasi-answers, I suppose, but I think they should be questioned about it on the campaign trail.

And I'm honestly interested in which micronations have been contacted, because the incoming government will want to follow those up.

"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Bråneu Excelsio

But I too know what it feels to be let down, @mximo . Before going down, I asked for help to different people and was ridiculed by it. Everything came down to the same two issues:
a) "Partisan divisions: Can't help you" and
b) "I won't help you because you're working with X, whom offended me 30 years ago".

I am willing to help the Kingdom, no matter which party is in government. Will you say the same?

mximo

Hi,

Did I let you down ?
Nope.
Did you help me yes?
Do I help you yes.

And for Miestra do you need a title to help?

The questioning for purely electoral purposes is a tactic that deserves the kind of response I am giving. When I published my request for help and consultation, I received no response from the opposition. Now, for purely political reasons, the leader of the opposition relentlessly attacks me on an issue that does not interest her. She also still does not suggest what her future Minister of Foreign Affairs or Defense would do or would have done. The Freedems spent a whole term scheming and blocking all initiatives. Now that they have a negative track record, their leader is interested in issues.

Mximo Carbonèl
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Miestră Schivă, UrN

A future Minister of Foreign Affairs in a FreeDems government would certainly be interested in building micronational relations. It would be helpful to do this if the outgoing government would tell us which micronations they have already contacted.

As to Defence, the last Free Democrat-led government was absolutely hammered by the TNC over not doing much with the Zouaves. Either polite TERPs from the Opposition, no matter how persistent, are reasonable and deserve a polite answer, or they aren't.

þerxh Sant-Enogat

I do not understand all the fuss about the answer given by the Minister of Defense to this TERP.
When I was asked to explain it - as Seneschal - I translated the answer in other terms in this thread here, and I had no further questions following this explanation at the time.
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Túischac'h dal 60:éă Cosă,
Duceu pareßel dal Aliançù Progreßïu

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 04, 2024, 06:07:32 PMCertianly, if the FreeDems had been asked to provide a Deputy Foreign Minister, we would have jumped at the chance, as we did to provide a Deputy Minister of Stuff.
When ?
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Túischac'h dal 60:éă Cosă,
Duceu pareßel dal Aliançù Progreßïu

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on June 05, 2024, 03:49:31 AMI do not understand all the fuss about the answer given by the Minister of Defense to this TERP.

So I'm just making sure I understand. As leader of the Progressive Alliance, you think it's fine for Ministers to give aggressive and rude non-answers to polite TERPs.

If Mximo had said "we haven't accomplished very much in the Foreign Affairs apartment", that would have been an end of the matter. But instead he decided to bait the opposition with "it's a secret" and "I'll tell you later". If you don't see the problem here, then Polite Government is going to be a major election issue.

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on June 05, 2024, 03:53:29 AM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 04, 2024, 06:07:32 PMCertianly, if the FreeDems had been asked to provide a Deputy Foreign Minister, we would have jumped at the chance, as we did to provide a Deputy Minister of Stuff.
When ?

Ah, I see, there may be a misunderstanding. I didn't realise you'd moved Home Affairs to Foreign Affairs (which seems very odd). Okay: we DID a Deputy Foreign Affairs minister. I'll ask Bentxhamì but I'm pretty sure Mximo didn't ask for his help.

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 05, 2024, 04:09:57 PMAh, I see, there may be a misunderstanding.[/url] I didn't realise you'd moved Home Affairs to Foreign Affairs (which seems very odd). Okay: we DID a Deputy Foreign Affairs minister. I'll ask Bentxhamì but I'm pretty sure Mximo didn't ask for his help.

I did that. I offered Bentxami to be MinFor but he wasn't ready to join the Government, but he was so promising that I wanted to involve him somehow so I did that.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Yeah, this is precisely the kind of relationship between a Government and an opposition party that I consider healthy and commendable.