Miestrâ has more energy than the rest of us put together. Vote FREEDEMs!

Started by GV, July 27, 2020, 07:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

RUMP, neo-RUMP, or whatever, put up or shut up.

I defend your right to do Talossa as you please, but where are your brilliant ideas to bring more people to our country and make them want to stay?

Where are you all in the day-to-day workings of the Kingdom?  Imagine how easy it would be to have permanent secretary spots be filled constantly because *both* halves of the country do even a little bit of Talossa every day.

Too many people are 'phoning in' and look at Talossa as a fantasy-fiefdom game.  Too few are taking this beautiful thing seriously. 

Where are the RUMP Talossan speakers?  Where are the storytellers?  Where are the musicians adding to Talossan culture?  By the way, behind the scenes, I am doing my part to preserve Talossan documents.

When I was Progressive Conservative leader nigh-on two decades ago (has it been that long? - yikes), we too had our share of pocket votes.  But we also had the most active party in the land with many members active on Witt and doing even a little bit of Talossa every day.

I get the feeling the RUMP now continues to exist only to be a troll-bro party.  In its day, it *was* the activity in Talossa and contained the great part of its energy, leading the way in rebuilding the Kingdom.  But I suppose the RUMP-ghosts (and you know who you are) will come out of the woodwork to strike down every single referendum on this ballot, offering no solutions to the issues these referenda seek to address, but making very sure neo-Penguinea cannot have its way and keeping the Talossa of 2005-2011, the old Talossa, and the only real Talossa to many people, alive and well, cobwebs and dust and all.

GV

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: GV on July 27, 2020, 07:13:14 PM
I get the feeling the RUMP now continues to exist only to be a troll-bro party.

"Bro" in the sense of "men who have allergic reactions to women disagreeing with them", certainly

But seriously, cüncitaxhiens, I don't have that much energy. I spent 1/2 an hour a day on Talossa, maximum (maybe an hour when a particularly vicious thread is going on or I have to write a law or something). It's not hard to at least check Witt every day.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

The RUMP no longer exists.  I used to be a member and I was the leader for some time, so you may consider me a decisive authority on the matter.

There are many members of the RUMP who are still active Talossans.  For example, here is a quick list of former members of the RUMP who are still active contributors: myself, Txec dal Nordselva, Viteu Marcianüs, Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Litz Cjantscheir, Eovart Grischun, and Munditenens Tresplet.  Some of these individuals left the party years before it closed up shop, while a few of them remained members until the end.

The RUMP last held a majority of the Cosa in the 44th Cosa, which commenced in August of 2012 (eight years ago).  The RUMP last led a government in the 50th Cosa, which commenced in March of 2016 (four years ago).  Indeed, outside of those six months some form of MRPT/FDT alliance has governed Talossa from January of 2014 to July of 2020.  The current Seneschal is actually the longest-serving Government official in Talossan history, as far as I can tell, with something like sixty months of service in the Cabinet, including serving for a year and two months as Seneschal.

If there are problems, maybe it's time to own up.

Listen... I know it's easy to demonize the same group that you've excoriated for more than a decade.  It can be really hard to move on.  It's hard to accept that the group of Talossans who were once so dominant have either joined other parties... or simply lost interest in Talossa.  But you guys really need to have a hard look at yourselves.

Once, the complaint was that the RUMP was everywhere.  The RUMP was the only party left after the Great Abdication, so maybe that wasn't surprising.  But it couldn't go on forever.  It's fundamentally important for power to change hands regularly, we were told.  Other parties took charge.  In time, the RUMP rolls declined and recruitment stopped; after a few years without fresh blood, the party folded.

Then, the complaint became that the RUMP was nowhere.  Ending the party was a "political strike."  It was impossible that former members had just moved on with their lives, because Talossa was having serious problems and the RUMP must be to blame.  Right?  It's simply impossible that the people in charge have done a bad job, or that the policies they've chosen have been bad for the country.  And once you've ruled out -- a priori -- any problem with the leadership or the fundamental policies, then there's nothing left by an insidious and invisible enemy.  The Other must be the problem.  The outgroup.  How dare conservative voters criticize you!  How dare they lose interest!  How dare they!

Listen:

Talossa relies exclusively on the extracurricular interest of current and prospective citizens.  If that interest is declining, then the sole and exclusive root of the problem is that Talossa is less interesting than it used to be.  Every ounce of energy and erg of thought you spend on this irrelevant fever-dream of sabotage is wasted.

The RUMP is in gone.  You shouldn't live in the past with it.  Eyes front, okay?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 27, 2020, 09:19:11 PM
Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on July 27, 2020, 09:05:28 PM
The RUMP no longer exists. 

Tell Cresti that!  ;D
Yes, Cresti sent one email to former RUMPers -- all 30 of them on the list -- to ask them to vote in this election.  Before that, the last message sent to the list was a year ago.

I guess your fear of a single fairly mild attempt at persuasion makes sense, though.  The conspiracy must have some elaborate and extremely quiet organization to keep everyone aligned.  If a huge number of Talossans just organically lost interest... why, that would imply something was wrong, wouldn't it?  And maybe something would need to change?

;)
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Keep going, Alex. Everything you post reminds people of what the calibre of the LCC cabinet will be  ;D

Also, there should be a Witt function that prevents you editing your post after people have already replied to it, to make it look like you were wittier than you actually were.

GV

As much as we on the Talossan left may attack it, it was possibly the second-most successful political party after the Progressive Conservatives.  I would love to read it, and I would certainly use it as a source document for my own Talossan writings.

And when you do, I would strongly suggest taking JJ's path with his TNP history: stats on party successes, losses, bills, members through the years, etc.  You are the one person on earth well-suited for that task, and in me, you have at least one person who would really look forward to reading it.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I'd read it! If it were half as self-deprecatingly funny as JJ, or RBM at his best, it would be a wild ride.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 27, 2020, 09:30:58 PM
Keep going, Alex. Everything you post reminds people of what the calibre of the LCC cabinet will be  ;D

Also, there should be a Witt function that prevents you editing your post after people have already replied to it, to make it look like you were wittier than you actually were.

Keep talking, keep attacking, keep ignoring what I'm saying. You are acting more and more like king ben every day. Thunderdome politics is what's killing talossa, the one thing that people engage in right now, yet all they ever get is being attacked by you if they disagree with you, god forbid anybody having there own views. Once they are tired of it we stop engaging, they stop engaging because somone keeps attacking them. Looking over our history, same happens when someone acts like they are the only voice that matters.
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on July 28, 2020, 07:31:08 AM
Keep talking, keep attacking, keep ignoring what I'm saying. You are acting more and more like king ben every day. Thunderdome politics is what's killing talossa, the one thing that people engage in right now, yet all they ever get is being attacked by you if they disagree with you, god forbid anybody having there own views. Once they are tired of it we stop engaging, they stop engaging because somone keeps attacking them. Looking over our history, same happens when someone acts like they are the only voice that matters.

The thing is, a hard attack seems to be the only thing that precipitates a response of any sort.  Aside from silly memes, the NPW hasn't really attacked anyone... but have also gotten ZERO engagement in discussing our platform.  Not even the dual-king proposal (which, I might add, is new to this manifesto).
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

But doesn't that's show a fundamental problem within our society? We only respond to hard attacks from each other? Tearing each other down and the country down with it?

Açafat del Val

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on July 28, 2020, 11:21:29 AM
But doesn't that's show a fundamental problem within our society? We only respond to hard attacks from each other? Tearing each other down and the country down with it?

...says he somehow unironically who continues to undertake hard attacks at other citizens.

We can agree that it's problem, but the agreement is meaningless without affirmative action. Lobbying metaphorical grenades at the FreeDems (or, more generally, at any political opponent) does nothing else than "tear each other down and the country down with it".

To be very clear: I'm calling you a hypocrite at the same time as hoping that your appeal for decency will come back around like a boomerang and wake you up with a smack.

I'm going to own up that I mistook you for someone else, but the larger point still stands: the FreeDems are not boogeymen, much like the RUMP weren't, and it's becoming tiresome to see people mistake political disagreement for personal attacks.

The FreeDems' efforts to "republicanize" Talossa is not a personal affront to anyone's rights or decency, and republicanism has as much as a place in our civil discourse as monarchism. May the voters decide which they want.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I will also point out that Txosuè has "hard-attacked" me twice, and said nothing about AD's condescending, sneering trolling, which provoked my snarky response.

This "it's all right if TRUE TALOSSANS, GOD SAVE THE KING! do it, and not that Republican garçă" attitude stinks.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

I was going to say, I think you have the wrong guy xD

However yes, I will freely admit, I have been a little rough with my language, however, my point still stands, I do think we as a society needs to find a better way to engage.

You don't find me wearing my insult's like a trophy showing how salty about what was said that I'm going to display them for all to see everytime I post.

I agree some people need to be called out on there shit, hence my response. If somone is acting like a famous dictator, ours being King Ben, I feel it's a political point to point it out. However personal attacks are not uncommon here, so much so that so that old Witt had the thunderdome that contained a whole topic about someone calling somone slurs.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

With respect, J. R., you have absolutely no idea what Ben Madison was actually like. You're acting like a disgruntled schoolkid comparing an unpleasant teacher to Hitler. I'm not enthusiastic enough for a fight to tell you who in Talossa right now really does behave like Ben Madison, insofar as gaslighting and emotional manipulation, but I'm sure others can chime in.