"Point of Order" from the Senats to the Cosa

Started by Eðo Grischun, October 19, 2020, 02:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eðo Grischun

I am hopeful and almost sure the answer will be yes to this question, but could the Speaker of the Cosa confirm whether Senators are invited to attend and observe the live feeds of the State Opening of the Cosa?
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

It Is confirmed that All may observe via twitch. However only Cosa Members will be able to speak via discord.
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Eðo Grischun

A follow up, if I may?

Am I correct to assume that this won't apply to Senators Plätschisch and Bornatfiglheu? Will the Senators be permitted to make rebuttal speeches as leader of the opposition and leader of the third party, respectively, as specified in the Act?
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on October 19, 2020, 04:49:22 PM
Am I correct to assume that this won't apply to Senators Plätschisch and Bornatfiglheu? Will the Senators be permitted to make rebuttal speeches as leader of the opposition and leader of the third party, respectively, as specified in the Act?

I'd be amazed if the Minister of Culture wants to make a rebuttal speech to this own government! Sorry, not amazed, "annoyed".

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 19, 2020, 08:30:27 PM
Quote from: Eðo Grischun on October 19, 2020, 04:49:22 PM

I'd be amazed if the Minister of Culture wants to make a rebuttal speech to this own government! Sorry, not amazed, "annoyed".

Indeed, but I'm more making sure that the option will be there.

To clarify, when I wrote the Act modifying the opening ceremony I didn't intend it to end up being the State opening of the House of the Cosa, rather the State Opening of the n'th Cosa (ie: Cosa session, not Cosa House).  The Senate not being included didn't cross my mind otherwise I would have wrote in some phrasing to cover times when the opposition leader and Lo3p didn't sit as MCs.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

I have had a think on this, there is two ways to do this, one would be to allow the senators, technically however they do not have a voice in the Cosa. Macro governments whom have party leaders whom are not members of representatives or parliament, by appointment of a member of the party whom oversees the party's interests within the chamber, to be the one to speak to the chamber.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

When Parliament is opened in the UK, the Lords as well as the Commons attend.

In fact, it happens in the Lords' chamber, because the Monarch's not allowed in the Commons chamber.*

Just invite the Senators and let's stop this foolishment.

* Funny footnote: NZ abolished its appointed Upper House in 1951, but its Chamber is still there for State openings of Parliament, because the Governor-General doesn't set foot in the House of Representatives.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 20, 2020, 03:09:51 PM
When Parliament is opened in the UK, the Lords as well as the Commons attend.

In fact, it happens in the Lords' chamber, because the Monarch's not allowed in the Commons chamber.*

Just invite the Senators and let's stop this foolishment.

* Funny footnote: NZ abolished its appointed Upper House in 1951, but its Chamber is still there for State openings of Parliament, because the Governor-General doesn't set foot in the House of Representatives.

No foolishness intended, until Edo updated the bill, there was very little precident for how the Ziu should be opened in such a manner as this.

If the menci and I are in agreement, the senators whom are also party leaders are welcome to speak.