CRL Committee

Started by Tierçéu Rôibeardescù, December 22, 2020, 07:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

As of the passing it is now a required for we of the committee greenlight bills to be Clarked.
Myself (as speaker), the Mencai and the attorney general will make it known here our opinions as to the clarking of such bills.

I would request this post is pinned to ease.
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Ok so I'm back... Iyet I think it's lo late to rule on the latest bills. That is unfortunate. I will however say that due to concerns raised about it, the legal bill of crimes against talossanisity as currently written to my mind has skipped a key step in its writing process and has activitly not incorporated any feedback as to its nature. I believe a legal code is required to cover such crimes, however I agree there needs to be understanding of said laws set out. Using non native laws to enforce our own, with justices unfamiliar with said laws is a recipe for disaster in our courts.
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on April 02, 2021, 07:13:46 AM
Ok so I'm back... Iyet I think it's lo late to rule on the latest bills. That is unfortunate. I will however say that due to concerns raised about it, the legal bill of crimes against talossanisity as currently written to my mind has skipped a key step in its writing process and has activitly not incorporated any feedback as to its nature. I believe a legal code is required to cover such crimes, however I agree there needs to be understanding of said laws set out. Using non native laws to enforce our own, with justices unfamiliar with said laws is a recipe for disaster in our courts.

Just as an FYI the 6th Clark is currently underway so you can vote in the current bills.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Just checking if my incoming colleagues on this committee, @the Mençéi and @the Túischac'h, are ready to start work for the First clark?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 20, 2021, 07:16:28 PM
Just checking if my incoming colleagues on this committee, @the Mençéi and @the Túischac'h, are ready to start work for the First clark?

Just a heads up to the Mençéi, the Túischac'h, the King and the (incoming - not yet official ) Seneschal:

I'm having problems with the database. It is possible, thought not set just yet, that I may not be able to use the database for the upcoming Clark. If so, we will conduct the Clark the old-fashioned way here on Wittenberg. I will let all of you know when a decision has been made.

Thanks,

Txec
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Wokay. Well, we can't do anything about the reclarked 55RZ21 because it needs to be the same language as last time. So you guys got anything to say about the Criminal Law Reform bill?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

The bill is missing a section in which the references to the Wisconsinite class system outside of Lexh A.1-8 are replaced with the new threeway distinction. The affected sections are Lexh A.9.10, A.22, A.22.1, A.22.2, A.22.3 and C.1.4.4.
I assume the class I felonies will be rebranded to regular felonies, class A misdemeanours to serious misdemeanours and class C misdemeanours to regular misdemeanours.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Yipes! Thanks for picking that up. Will do so in 24 hours hopefully. Done! I had 10 minutes while waiting for the train lol.

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

With that fix, I can't find anything particularly problematic in the Criminal Reform Bill.  Nice catch.  So I think we should greenlight it to the Clark.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The bill itself looks okay on a first glance, but there are typos in the Talossan names that would need fixing:

el Comità da Redacziun Legislatïu > la Comità da Redacziun Lexhislatïu
Mençéi > Mençei

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

I'm not sure the bill is going to have the effect desired.  If it takes half the senators AND half the Cosa to move things into Committee, you're still coming up against the reading and engagement issue mentioned in the "whereas."
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Miestră Schivă, UrN