[Chancery] Preparing for the 56th Cosa General Election

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, March 27, 2021, 09:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Oh, speaking of last minute changes,

Can you change the word "goals" in the PT's 50 word statement to "goais"?
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on May 14, 2021, 12:20:09 PM
Oh, speaking of last minute changes,

Can you change the word "goals" in the PT's 50 word statement to "goais"?

Done
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The database does not seem to register that @Françal I. Lux was added to the FreeDems list

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 27, 2021, 04:54:10 PM
PARTY REGISTRATION

* Full Party name: Free Democrats of Talossa
* Party Initials: FreeDems
* 50 word statement: The Free Democrats want to lead Talossa's government for a fourth successful term. We need to not just recruit new citizens, but find ways to get existing citizens involved again. We want a Historic Compromise between monarchy and republicanism, and to grow the Talossan-speaking population. Txoteu Davinescu for Seneschál!
* Party Leader(s): @Txoteu Davinescu
* Candidate list (incomplete):
(* also standing for the Senäts)

* Party platform URL: https://freedemstalossa.wordpress.com/2021/04/24/free-democrats-for-the-56th-cosa-election-may-2021/

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

xpb

Quote from: xpb on May 14, 2021, 11:31:53 AM
Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on May 14, 2021, 04:24:36 AM
I mean, people misspelling Talossan words and names, be that their own or other people's, happens all the time. I don't think a background check is necessary.

Just a check as the name is not in current Witt and was not active on old Witt after 2015.  Voted in 55 but database doesn't list any prior votes.  TalossaNET has less restrictions to join.  It will be great if Fira is becoming more active.

I have established email contact with Dix(h)et

DixhetFira

Hello everyone,
   So my name should be Dixhet Fira but since I was inactive for quite some time, I used the wrong spelling  :-\

xpb

No worries!

I am sure some of fine folks in the civil service can assist in matching or adjusting your account to that of the database at http://www.talossa.ca/

Your name is spelled correctly in the Chancery records.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Munditenens Tresplet

Do voters need to put their PSC on their Witt vote? I saw the note that it shouldn't be revealed, but the rules for casting a ballot say that it needs to be included.
Munditenens Tresplet, O.SPM
Royal Governor of Péngöpäts

#KAYELLOW4EVR

I removed the PSC after I verified it in the database simply to prevent shenanigans. Posting it is fine but I don't need it there forever and I'd like to protect your account.

I also don't really need the PSC on a public forum but I can understand why someone would want to prove they are voting legitimately.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Looks like I'm currently the only Maritiimian to have voted. 'ts a bit of a letdown, really.

Tangentially related: The Organic Law only states that after the election is over a final tally is published, but would it be possible to publish the results by province as well when the election is over? Or failing that, announcing which two parties got the most votes and how many? I know that the election has just started two days ago so asking right now is too early, but the province-based results would be very handy for some of my electoral math experiments.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Eðo Grischun

@Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM

I see you are removing PSCs from Witt ballots. The following rule needs updated in the election thread:

"4 ) Voters will be able to vote on Wittenberg publicly A single vote thread will be created for casting votes on Wittenberg. If you have received your vote code (PSC), you are requested to cast your vote in that thread WITH your PSC."
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on May 17, 2021, 11:55:49 AM

I see you are removing PSCs from Witt ballots. The following rule needs updated in the election thread:

"4 ) Voters will be able to vote on Wittenberg publicly A single vote thread will be created for casting votes on Wittenberg. If you have received your vote code (PSC), you are requested to cast your vote in that thread WITH your PSC."

Thanks for pointing this out. Much of the overall rules were copy/pasted from previous elections. There is nothing wrong with using the PSC as a new one is generated with each election. I just feel it is useful if I remove the PSC after verifying for security.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Munditenens Tresplet

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on May 17, 2021, 01:45:30 PM

Thanks for pointing this out. Much of the overall rules were copy/pasted from previous elections. There is nothing wrong with using the PSC as a new one is generated with each election. I just feel it is useful if I remove the PSC after verifying for security.

I agree, I just wanted to make sure I was following the rules. Given we use the PSC to reset passwords on the database, I think it's probably best if this wasn't a rule to begin with...if you as SoS needed more verification of someone voting on Witt for some reason, you could request the PSC by PM.
Munditenens Tresplet, O.SPM
Royal Governor of Péngöpäts

#KAYELLOW4EVR

Quote from: Munditenens Tresplet on May 17, 2021, 02:58:26 PM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on May 17, 2021, 01:45:30 PM

I agree, I just wanted to make sure I was following the rules. Given we use the PSC to reset passwords on the database, I think it's probably best if this wasn't a rule to begin with...if you as SoS needed more verification of someone voting on Witt for some reason, you could request the PSC by PM.

I just updated the posted rule. Voters can PM me their PSC if they wish or if I need to further verify.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Xheneta Britxind

Just barely got my vote in-- as per the notification, I found it in my spam file.