News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Parishes and Townships

Started by Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP, May 07, 2021, 07:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Based on this thread, I made a quick provisional map of our province. The parishes are not official and subject to change, and the only canton with townships so far is Vilatx Freiric. Also everything is unnamed.

This is the link.

Please suggest parish and township borders, as well as names for them!
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Great map!  I like the current parish divisions, mostly.  But we should have a parish of Port Maxhestic that's coterminus with the canton, probably.

I think it would be funny if the parishes within Jahnhaven were named Jahn and Haven.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Things to honor in names:
- The Mar Talossan
- Our absurd and amazing provincial flag
- Milwaukee Art Museum
- Danihel Lorentzescu
- The former name for Maxhestic: Südlicher Großhaven
- Reunision (perhaps one of the VF parishes should have that name?)
- Multiple-term senators Mick Preston, Epic, and Ian P.
- Cunstaval Brad Holmes
- King John
- Numerous landmarks from the list on the wiki (http://wiki.talossa.com/Maritiimi-Maxhestic#Territory), which I put together a long time ago but should mostly still be good.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

I added all the townships now. Some of them are ridiculously large (e.g. Jahn·haven 2.14), but there's nothing I can do about that.

Now, the names.
I'm guessing we'll have to name Vilatx Freiric 1.4 "Vilatx Freiric" to make the baron title work?
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on May 08, 2021, 07:44:47 AM
I added all the townships now. Some of them are ridiculously large (e.g. Jahn·haven 2.14), but there's nothing I can do about that.

Now, the names.
I'm guessing we'll have to name Vilatx Freiric 1.4 "Vilatx Freiric" to make the baron title work?
Yes. That is the intended block.

It doesn't seem right for us to just decide on the names, of course. But maybe we could draw up a bill that establishes these boundaries and suggests some names. Then we can put it in the assembly in the next convocation.