News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

"Compromise"

Started by xpb, May 14, 2021, 04:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: xpb on May 25, 2021, 11:39:06 PM
I suppose that those who were not satisfied with (whatever titled) 7 year term executive leader after 3 months or 3 years would not have to wait and could act to remove, impeach, etc.  But is that not already the case now?

The Organic Law II.4 requires either a doctor's certificate of incapacity or conviction by the UC for the elected officials to even begin to remove the King. That part remains. It was always an irony that II.3, stating who the King is, was far easier to change.

It was rather fatal to make it harder to remove the King under the Organic Law, than to simply amend the Organic Law. The life term of the monarchy would not be under threat if the Organic Law made it easier to remove a King who had "gone rogue".

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Ián S.G. Txaglh

I suppose that those who were not satisfied with (whatever titled) 7 year term executive leader after 3 months or 3 years would not have to wait and could act to remove, impeach, etc.  But is that not already the case now?

there is a different angle to look at it. see, there is a slight difference in when selected for the job for life and for a defined period, people behave differently. shorter terms may lead to populism, but generally inspire activity cos of re-evaluation. lifetime terms should guarantee stability but easily lead to negligence.

generally, it seems to me, that you are over-interpreting miesta's statements. it is not the king-ship itself, it is really the current king who is a problem. you need like the changes which are happening, but at least we could respect the will of the people; talossa is not an authoritative regime anymore. i know how it feels when they take away your toys, but as grown-ups, we have to manage our feelings. i had my deep reservations when the republic was deciding if to re-unite with the kingdom, as i said, i am by no mean a monarchist, but i listened and understood the reasons behind it and then agreed on it.

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on May 25, 2021, 11:47:06 PM

The Organic Law II.4 requires either a doctor's certificate of incapacity or conviction by the UC for the elected officials to even begin to remove the King. That part remains. It was always an irony that II.3, stating who the King is, was far easier to change.

It was rather fatal to make it harder to remove the King under the Organic Law, than to simply amend the Organic Law. The life term of the monarchy would not be under threat if the Organic Law made it easier to remove a King who had "gone rogue".
With respect, I'm pretty sure this contradicts your earlier statement opposing the Simulated Coup Amendment.

Ian Plätschisch

Also, Org II.3 still specifies who the King is

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on May 26, 2021, 08:16:16 AM
With respect, I'm pretty sure this contradicts your earlier statement opposing the Simulated Coup Amendment.

I went back and checked OldWitt's Hopper thread on that amendment and I can't find anything where I'm opposing it. My memory is hazy, but I think the issue that the Free Democrats had with the bill as written is that the process was too complicated, not with the principle; though I'd appreciate correction.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on May 26, 2021, 03:25:37 PM
Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on May 26, 2021, 08:16:16 AM

I went back and checked OldWitt's Hopper thread on that amendment and I can't find anything where I'm opposing it. My memory is hazy, but I think the issue that the Free Democrats had with the bill as written is that the process was too complicated, not with the principle; though I'd appreciate correction.
I was speaking of a couple days ago when you said:
QuoteMy argument against the "Simulated Coup" approach would be that it would be just kicking the can down the road. John didn't start out as interested in Talossa only in terms of his own prestige, and actively contemptuous of democracy. But he grew into the role, just as King Robert did. So I would predict any other King with a life term would end up acting the goat after a decade or so, maximum. Best we avoid that possibility.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Ah, gotcha. I think what I meant is that I don't think a one-off "simulated coup" would solve anything; whereas a mechanism for triggering Votes of Confidence in the monarchy as and when necessary, one much easier than the current II.4, would be a different matter.

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

I fail to understand why the 'Republicans' had to rejoin the Kingdom.

The only reason that comes to mind - to destroy the social fabric of the nation and claim it for themselves; and go down in history as the Liberatadors ;)
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Miestră Schivă, UrN

^^^^^ As long as monarchists are happy making eliminationist comments like this, Talossa will never have happiness or peace.

Ián S.G. Txaglh

Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on May 27, 2021, 12:51:33 AM

The only reason that comes to mind - to destroy the social fabric of the nation and claim it for themselves; and go down in history as the Liberatadors ;)

yes, yes, talossan deep-state conspiracy it is! i knew it!  ;D ;D

fellow ylluminati/republican sis&bros STOP let us lyberate taloosa from the yoke of social fabric of the nation STOP implement instead an antisocial web of cosmopolitanism STOP do not forget to attend the next black mass STOP roasted children will be served with mashed potatoes and tomato salad STOP ::)

it is not healthy. we should stop assuming.

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on May 27, 2021, 12:51:33 AM

I think you overestimate your own importance in the Republican thought process, to be honest.  It seems really arrogant to claim we rejoined the Regipats in order to piss on your good time.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Eðo Grischun

Ok, who had 'BenArd predictably and reliably wades in with comments about Reunision being the worst thing ever to happen to Talossa' on their Divisive and Bitter Figures of Talossa Top Trumps Cards?
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode