Nominations for Seneschal - 56th Cosa

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, June 04, 2021, 11:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

At this time it is my duty to call for nominations for Seneschal for the 56th Cosa.

Article VI of the Organic Law states:

QuoteSection 5 The election of a Seneschál shall be the sole and exclusive business of the first Clark of every newly seated Ziu, but neither a member of the Senäts nor the King may vote on the matter. The Senäts may undertake during such Clark any of their business for which the consent of the Cosâ or the King be not requisite. (54RZ23)

The method of election of a Seneschál shall be Ranked Choice Voting. Each member of the Cosâ shall have as many votes in the election as the seats which he hold in the Cosâ, but shall cast his votes as one bloc and have no divided conscience. The candidates for each such election shall be nominated by each political party which shall have earned representation in the Cosâ at the most recent general election. (54RZ23) (55RZ22)

No member of the Cosâ may abstain in the election of a Seneschál, and shall rank on his ballot at least two distinct preferences, which itself shall be made public. (54RZ23)

Whichever candidate shall have earned a majority of the votes in his election, as according to the method of Ranked Choice Voting, shall be appointed subsequently and forthwith by the King to serve as Seneschál, and the results of the election shall be published at large in the Clark. (54RZ23)

Section 6 The Seneschál shall announce publicly both the members of the incoming Government and the Government's legislative agenda at least before, if not sooner than, the last day on which a member of the Ziu may submit a measure to the second Clark. Failing this, the King shall dissolve the Cosa and call new elections.(54RZ23)(55RZ22)

Section 7 No election for the Seneschál shall occur, except during the first Clark of a newly seated Ziu. (54RZ23)

Party Leaders, please make your nominations for Seneschal. The voting (and the 1st official Clark of the 56th Cosa) will begin on July 1, 2021 and will end on July 21, 2021.

B - @X. Pol Briga - Party Leader
DIEN - @Munditenens Tresplet - Party Leader
FREEDEMS - @Txoteu Davinescu - Party Leader
KLüP - @Glüc da Dhi - Party Leader
LCC - @Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù - Party Leader
NPW - @Eiric Bornatfiglheu - Party Leader (NPW has NOT paid their registration fee so until such time as this is done, they may not assume their seats)
PT - @Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial - Party Leader
TNC - @Breneir Itravilatx - Party Leader

Party leaders - please make your seat choices in this thread.

Thank you,

Dr. Txec dal Nordselva
Secretary of State
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

xpb

I nominate Glüc da Dhi S.H. for Seneschal

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: xpb on June 04, 2021, 02:10:56 PM
I nominate Glüc da Dhi S.H. for Seneschal

Since nobody responded to the KLüP contest I had been pondering how to best troll another party with our PM candidate, but whatever we do now it'd just be copying B. The KLüP seems to have lost its edge. Congrats Sir X. Pol, you win this time...

ugh, this is annoying :p
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Anyway, is there a rule that says a party can't nominate more than one candidate?

If not, the KLüP nominates Miestră Schivă, UrN and Dixhet Fira.
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Question: Does a candidate need to be an MZ to become Seneschal? If not, the Tafialist Party nominates Iac Marscheir. That's what he gets for voting for me...

Otherwise I'll nominate myself instead.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

xpb

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on June 04, 2021, 02:59:02 PM
Anyway, is there a rule that says a party can't nominate more than one candidate?

If not, the KLüP nominates Miestră Schivă, UrN and Dixhet Fira.

Should Dixhet Fira accept nomination, and subsequently be elected, then the seats will be reallocated for B such that Dixhet will have the 20 seat max and I shall retain 13.

I would hope that whomever is nominated would be asked first if he or she wishes to be elected as Seneschal. We only get one shot at this during the 1st Clark. Party leaders, please confirm your nominees actually want the job.

Also, I don't see where party leaders are limited in whom they choose but we should also remember this is a serious commitment.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Iac Marscheir

Açeitéu la nominaziun del Parti Tafialistà per la posiziun da Seneschal. Estadréu þonourat à perservar.

(I accept the nomination of the Tafialist Party for the position of Seneschal. I would be honored to serve.)

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on June 04, 2021, 02:59:02 PM
the KLüP nominates Miestră Schivă, UrN

Hútsch-tú tréi mült, I decline. :D

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

I really REALLY need the party leaders to finalize their nominations for Seneschal.

So far this has been a bit of a hot mess. Each party gets to nominate ONE person. I need this info ASAP!!

Nominations so far:

B - Gluc da Dhi
DIEN -
FREEDEMS - Txoteu Davinescu
KLüP - Dixhet Fira
LCC - Txoteu Davinescu
NPW -
PT - Iac Marscheir
TNC - Txoteu Davinescu
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

The TNC nominates Txoteu Davinescu for Seneschal.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

The LCC nominates Txoteu Davinescu for Seneschal.
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

The FreeDems nominate Txoteu Davinescu for Seneschal
The Most Honourable General Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Senator for Maricopa, Kingdom of Talossa

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

The NPW respectfully declines to nominate a Seneschal candidate.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Munditenens Tresplet

I also respectfully decline to nominate for Seneschal.
Munditenens Tresplet, O.SPM
Royal Governor of Péngöpäts

#KAYELLOW4EVR