Wittmeister's Feature List

Started by Sir Lüc, December 04, 2019, 06:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

Quote from: Miestrâ Schiva, UrN on December 05, 2019, 02:27:36 PM
Can we have the feature of tagging users with "@username"? I've just realised how hard it is to remember the Talossan-language spelling of some people's names without that feature :D

+1

Off the top of your head, Miestrâ, what is the governing 'authority' on the currently-accepted translations of people's names into Talossan?  I've had the Book of Names for years, but if CUG or SIGN is ultimately the keepers of such information, that would be good to know.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

There is currently no authority except common usage. Since "Still Into This" passed the CÚG no longer has any standing in law and SIGN doesn't really exist yet.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Lüc

1) I'm looking into the mention by username thing, as it requires editing the PHP/JS code.
Update on this: the PHP part is done, I am now on the JS bit (which handles the little list of possible matches when you're entering an username to tag)
Final update: it works (I think)

2) We now have default Bicoloreu avatars like on Witt XI, but I can turn them off if you don't like them as they weren't really requested by anyone.

3) Figured I'd spend a word on moderators, since among the registrations so far we have a lot of people who could already moderate their own board (provincial governors, justices, Ladintschen, civil servants...). This is obviously the plan, but until the Chancery officially sets a policy on that, I'm not going to overreach and give privileged access to anyone.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Sir Lüc

@Miestrâ Schiva, UrN trying the new tag function

Edit: omg it works
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on December 06, 2019, 09:10:13 AM
How does it work?

Just like on Proboards, the only difference is that the autocomplete is integrated.

Type an "@", then start typing the username (not the display name) of whomever you want to mention. An autocomplete list will then appear and you can select the member you want.

Once you post the message, the @<username> is transformed into a link to the profile and the user is notified.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Eðo Grischun

@Lüc
@Eðo Grischun

It works, but we need to know the 'username'?  Someone tagging me would probably type Eov... getting no results, not thinking that my username is eddieg.. 

I can't tag Marcel... I have no idea what his username is  ;D
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on December 06, 2019, 09:21:02 AMIt works, but we need to know the 'username'?  Someone tagging me would probably type Eov... getting no results, not thinking that my username is eddieg..

Well, your username is the same as the one on PB, so most people who tagged you there would know what it is. I agree with Miestrâ that tagging by username is superior - it's immutable and usually simpler to remember than an exact spelling (especially when you start putting titles in your display name).

To check someone's username, just head to their profile page.

Edit: Btw, Marcel's is "M. E. P. Tafial", which I dislike (look at those SPACES!), but oh well.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Quote from: Lüc on December 06, 2019, 09:27:38 AMEdit: Btw, Marcel's is "M. E. P. Tafial", which I dislike (look at those SPACES!), but oh well.

The forum made me do it. The full name was too long, M.E.P. looks ugly, MEP reminds me too much of the European Parliament. Process of elimination!

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on December 06, 2019, 09:35:28 AM
Test:

@Lüc

EDIT: Nope.

@Lüc

EDIT: Yep. Careful: my username is "luc", so you'd have to type (at)luc or (at)lu and use the autocomplete thang.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sevastáin Pinátsch

It'll be tough for those of us who use initials. My login name is sp, like on the wiki. I'm assuming ad has done the same.

@Sir Alexandreu Davinescu

Edit: Yeah.

Interesting that it uses a BBCode enclosure. If you hover over people's names you can see their user number (u=##). In a pinch, you can find someone's U# and then tag people manually by number, like:
[member=21]Sev[/member]
makes:
@Sev

(fill in whatever nickname you want between the tags.)
Sevastáin Pinátsch, Senator for Atatürk
#KARED

I can't get it to work. @M. and @Miestr do nothing.

EDIT: I also tried @m. and @miestr, still nothing.
EDIT2: I can't see other people's username... uh, help?

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Sevastáin Pinátsch on December 06, 2019, 09:43:55 AM
Interesting that it uses a BBCode enclosure. If you hover over people's names you can see their user number (u=##). In a pinch, you can find someone's U# and then tag people manually by number

Yes, that's how the mod works.

1) Search the text of the post for @<username> (the original mod, before my edit, was @<displayname>)
2) For each of those, find numeric ID and real name and replace the <username> bit
3) Send a notification and mantain DB tables with a list of seen and unseen mentions

Of course, if you do this manually, you are doing point 2) only. You get no notification that way.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on December 06, 2019, 09:47:46 AM
I can't get it to work. @M. and @Miestr do nothing.

EDIT: I also tried @m. and @miestr, still nothing.
EDIT2: I can't see other people's username... uh, help?

Miestrâ's username is "garcamalpadert". (Wait, can you see usernames if you aren't an admin? Hmm. Gonna check that now.)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time: