Wittmeister's Feature List

Started by Sir Lüc, December 04, 2019, 06:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Lüc on December 28, 2019, 11:57:52 AM
We are at 49 registered members ... 1 is no longer a citizen.

Really weird.  I said a few days ago that I was kind of shocked to see Cresti Caveglhet on the list of striker-outers.  The fact that he registered an account of New Witt right before striking out makes it all the more odd.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on December 29, 2019, 09:22:45 PM
I said a few days ago that I was kind of shocked to see Cresti Caveglhet on the list of striker-outers.  The fact that he registered an account of New Witt right before striking out makes it all the more odd.

Obviously the compulsory-voting rule isn't actually working to make sure that those who are still interested in Talossa keep voting.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Lüc

Wittenberg has been upgraded to SMF 2.0.16, which carries security fixes and other benefits, including GDPR compliance support (we do need to set a privacy policy to be fully compliant though).
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Sir Lüc

Oh, and the Mentions mod has been reinstalled, as it was misbehaving.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Ian Plätschisch

Is there a way to have personal messages arranged like they were on old Witt?

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on January 24, 2020, 09:08:13 AM
Is there a way to have personal messages arranged like they were on old Witt?
Nevermind, I just found the message settings menu.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Is there a block function?  I couldn't find one.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sevastáin Pinátsch

Sevastáin Pinátsch, Senator for Atatürk
#KARED

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

The Registration Agreement has been updated and it's likely that more changes will happen "soon" as we adjust to using New Witt as the only Witt, particularly quality of life changes and other changes related to the implementation of Wittiquette.

In unrelated news, we've had a lot of spam accounts registering lately, which is a bit of a nuisance but not much of a real issue because 1) they're easy to mass delete; 2) they can do nothing unless assigned to a group by an admin or Immigration. Because of this, though, we have now switched to reCAPTCHA for verification instead of SMF's Visual Verification Image.

Finally, this post (and the Welcome one, which will also be locked) will be moved to the Webspace board soon, with a FAQ post being worked on. As always, continue using this post for feedback, criticism and help.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Lüc on February 28, 2020, 08:11:51 AM
The Registration Agreement has been updated and it's likely that more changes will happen "soon" as we adjust to using New Witt as the only Witt, particularly quality of life changes and other changes related to the implementation of Wittiquette.

In unrelated news, we've had a lot of spam accounts registering lately, which is a bit of a nuisance but not much of a real issue because 1) they're easy to mass delete; 2) they can do nothing unless assigned to a group by an admin or Immigration. Because of this, though, we have now switched to reCAPTCHA for verification instead of SMF's Visual Verification Image.

Finally, this post (and the Welcome one, which will also be locked) will be moved to the Webspace board soon, with a FAQ post being worked on. As always, continue using this post for feedback, criticism and help.

Please don't mass delete all those accounts just yet.  2 of them are real accounts that are pending.  I have 2 incoming applicants that I am struggling to verify identity with, so those accounts should remain for the time being until I can make a decision one way or the other.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Eðo Grischun

Ah, too late.

I see you've mass deleted the recent flurry of spam accounts already.  One of the two "real" accounts has been kept, but one has gotten lost in the mass delete.  Is that account retrievable or does the applicant need to re-register once I can verify his identity?
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Sir Lüc

It's not retrievable I'm afraid, I'm sorry. At least with reCaptcha we won't have this problem in the future.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Lüc on February 28, 2020, 02:20:15 PM
It's not retrievable I'm afraid, I'm sorry. At least with reCaptcha we won't have this problem in the future.

No worries.  If the applicant replies to my last communication and helps me verify who he is then I can just have him register again.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Ian Plätschisch