[Prime Dictate] Emergency Funding for Webhosting Costs

Started by Ian Plätschisch, June 26, 2022, 08:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

Whereas I have recently been informed that some of our domain names are set to expire in one week, rather than in October as we expected,

Therefore I authorize the following expenditures:
- $64.20 for talossa.com webhosting
- $18.95 for renewing the kingdomoftalossa.net domain name
- $18.95 for renewing the talossa.net domain name
- $18.95 for renewing the talossan.com domain name

Signed,
Ian Plätschisch, Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The Seneschál has actually voice-called the King (leaving a message) to encourage him to endorse this PD at the highest possible speed.

If he doesn't do so within 24 hours, we're in trouble, and this time no-one will be able to say "the Government didn't try hard enough". We may have to rely on the Opposition, who the King is much more kindly disposed to, to get in touch.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

xpb

I see
talossa.com
Updated 1 second ago
Domain Information
Domain:talossa.com
Registrar:PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com
Registered On:1997-05-27
Expires On:2023-05-26
Updated On:2021-07-22
Name Servers:ns3.deroyalservers.com
ns4.deroyalservers.com

xpb

Talossa.net and Kingdomoftalossa.com and Kingdomoftalossa.net all expire Sunday
Expires On:2022-07-03
Updated On:2020-11-08
Name Servers:ns3.deroyalservers.com
ns4.deroyalservers.com

Perhaps they are tied to the hosting service details.

xpb

Is this tied to the request for a Burgermeister?
https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=1519.0

Is there a lack of funds, or a fund release issue, or is the issue procedural?

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The issue is that the King has not endorsed the PD. We cannot release funds unless the King endorses the PD.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

xpb

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 30, 2022, 03:32:34 PM
The issue is that the King has not endorsed the PD. We cannot release funds unless the King endorses the PD.

So one issue is release of existing funds to pay, which needs authorization.  Another according to PDR Ltd. https://publicdomainregistry.com/renew/ is that the registrar provided notice on or about 3 June and it is now 30 June. 

If the domain expires it can be revived for an additional fee, but that will cause a pause in the domain use.  Thus should the Kingdom via the Administrative contact not be in the position to make payment, I would be happy to bridge that timeframe with an alternative source of funding until such time as the authorization is received such that there will not be such a disruption.

I have sent a PM, text message, and email to @ Istefan Perþonest  regarding this issue

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Istefan can't do anything unless the King signs the PD. The Seneschal has already spoken to Istefan and Istefan is (I believe) ready to act the instant the King gives the go-ahead.

If worst comes to worst, I'll pay out of my own pocket and the Kingdom can pay me back, but I can't understand why the King doesn't answer his voice mail or text messages.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: xpb on June 30, 2022, 04:13:03 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 30, 2022, 03:32:34 PM

So one issue is release of existing funds to pay, which needs authorization.  Another according to PDR Ltd. https://publicdomainregistry.com/renew/ is that the registrar provided notice on or about 3 June and it is now 30 June.

XPB, I followed the link and it took me to their general site. I am assuming I need to use the search bar to see the specific website information. Does the site indicate who was the recipient of notice on 3 June?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Billing requests go directly to the Burgermeister

King John

I approve the PD. My thanks to the Seneschál and Baron Alexandreu for tracking me down.

-- John Regeu

Istefan Perþonest

Okay, I went through and paid the domain renewals from the Kingdom's PayPal account.

Contrary to the numbers listed in the PD, the fees for the two renewed .net domains were $20.95 instead of $18.95.

I went ahead and paid them anyway, y'all can either pretty that up in the regular budget legislation or decide to bill me the $4.
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ
Burgermeister of Inland Revenue

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Apologies, Istefan. I found out about the $4 difference yesterday and asked the Seneschál to update the PD, but he didn't get to it before the King signed it. DeRoyal said they were putting up the prices but seem to have put them up in two "batches" a few days apart.

Thank you so much for your help.

Istefan Perþonest

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 30, 2022, 06:21:26 PM
Apologies, Istefan. I found out about the $4 difference yesterday and asked the Seneschál to update the PD, but he didn't get to it before the King signed it.
Well, you currently have a semi-functioning Burgermeister instead of one who's on top of things. If I'd been up to how I used to do this job, this would have been handled a few weeks ago.

On the webhosting renewal, there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to pay it right now, so I'm waiting to be invoiced in a few weeks. Don't panic, my eye is on it.
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ
Burgermeister of Inland Revenue