Budget and Financial Planning Bill for the 58th Cosa

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, March 04, 2023, 01:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Üc R. Tärfă

Yes.

(1) there should be a date of assesment of the amount of funds (D.1.5.6.1.).

(2) there's now D.1.5.6.3. but it still miss this:

Quote1.5.6.2. a detailed list of all changes in the account balances of the Royal Treasury since the last Report,

I'm sure we had also incomes (like registration fees) and not only expenditures.

(3) And, of course, Part A should have been done by the Burgermeister and not by the Minister. (You didn't see that coming, did you?)
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I think the date is implicit with the date of submission.  The funds will be accurate to the day when the bill is submitted.  But I will add an explicit date, sure.

On your second point, I will include changes since the last report, as given to me.  Thank you for reminding me.

The Burgermeister provided me with the figures.  I am charged with submitting this bill to the Ziu, and so I have put together the actual format of the bill consistent with the rest of the budget.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Looking at how this was done in the past (https://wiki.talossa.com/Law:54RZ9_The_54th_Cosa_Budget#PART_A:_State_of_the_Treasury), it's pretty voluminous.  I think that we should probably streamline how the information is presented.  Maybe part of why the government fell out of compliance for so many years is just that it's a huge hassle.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 04, 2023, 01:12:01 PMWHEREAS the Organic Law directs that each government submit a budget by the second Clark of their Cosa term,

PART A: Financial Report

The current funds of the Kingdom consist of a checking account, a savings account, and a Paypal account.  On report from the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue as of 30 March 2023, these accounts stand at the following balances:
•  Checking: 31¤4 ($46.60 USD)
•  Savings: 785¤40 ($1,178.50 USD)
•  Paypal: 183¤38 ($275.44 USD)
       Total: 1000¤22 ($1500.54 USD)

There was no previous Financial Report for the previous Cosa term, but on report from the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue, the following are the expenditures from the last budget which occurred between 21 May 2022 and 30 Mar 2023:
•  -40¤34 ($60.85 USD)    Webhosting costs
•  -18¤12 ($27.30 USD)    Webhosting costs
•  -35¤23 ($53.07 USD)    Google ads

Since the last legal Financial Report in February of 2020, on report from the Burgermeister of Inland Revue the following changes to account balances have occurred as of 30 Mar 2023:
•  Checking:+4¤49 ($7.23 USD)
•  Savings:+76¤38 ($114.96 USD)
•  Paypal:+139¤32 ($209.29 USD)

The amount of current coinage and stamps in circulation and in reserve is currently unknown.  This information will be provided in a supplemental report to the Ziu.

PART B: Budget

THEREFORE, His Majesty's Government hereby submits to the Ziu a request for the appropriation of funds from the Royal Treasury totaling 366¤40 ($550 USD) for the specific purposes and subject to restrictions as outlined herein:

Ministrà dal Cúltură
  • Culture grants 66¤40 ($100 USD)
This amount will be set aside for fulfillment of any Culture Initiative Support Fund grants.  These grants are intended to help spur and reward activity from our citizens, providing them with small amounts to support language, journalism, or other cultural plans.  In previous years, most of this money has gone unspent.

Ministrà dal Tec'hnoloxhà
  • Speculative Webhosting costs 133¤20 ($200 USD)
For obvious Wittpocalypse-related reasons, future plans for our web infrastructure remain uncertain.  As the Ministreu dal Tec'hnoloxhà explores different options in conjunction with Permanent Secretary da Schir, the Government is erring on the cautious side and appropriating sufficient funds to meet a variety of needs.  It is our expectation that only a small portion of this money will need to be spent.

Ministrà dels Afaes Utphätseschti
  • BHAID 33¤20 ($50 USD)
The Bureau for Humanitarian Aid and International Development will continue its support for important causes worldwide.

Ministrà à Savanar da Talossa àls Ultra-Fiovaes Folăs
  • Advertising 66¤40 ($100 USD)
These funds will accommodate a cost-effective and high-impact future advertising campaign.

• Stationary and Postage for IDs and Certificates 66¤40 ($100 USD)
Once state assets are recovered from private hands and the ID program can continue, the Government will employ this sum to print, laminate, and mail the results.  Awards and grants will also be printed on fine paper and mailed to recipients.

FURTHERMORE, notwithstanding the above allocations, no funds shall be disbursed without a notice of disbursement having first been transmitted to the Ziu at least fourteen days prior to the disbursement, except that disbursements solely for the purpose of postage may be made with no less than 24 hours notice. Notices shall contain details of the purchase and a cost estimate for the purchase, or the total amount paid if seeking funds for reimbursement. Copies of receipts and/or invoices will be provided upon request to Members of the Ziu.

FURTHERMORE, any funds allocated by this section shall be retained in the central fund by the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue until such time as they are disbursed. Funds not disbursed prior to the end of the government term shall remain in the central fund.

PART C: Investment Policy

FURTHERMORE, His Majesty's Government hereby directs the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue to invest all held funds into a high-interest savings account unless or until otherwise directed or advised by act of the Ziu.

PART D: Coinage and Postage

FURTHERMORE, His Majesty's Government has no plans to coin monies or print postage during this term, as supplies remain sufficient to sustain both markets.

PART E: Donations Target

FURTHERMORE, His Majesty's Government proposes a voluntary fundraising goal of $200 over the course of this term.

PART F: Designated Assassination Targets

<REDACTED>

Uréu q'estadra så
His Majesty's Government, represented by Ministreu dal Finançù Alexandreu Davinescu
@Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB , please Clark this.

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 30, 2023, 07:06:54 AM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 04, 2023, 01:12:01 PMWHEREAS the Organic Law directs that each government submit a budget by the second Clark of their Cosa term,

PART A: Financial Report

The current funds of the Kingdom consist of a checking account, a savings account, and a Paypal account.  On report from the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue as of 30 March 2023, these accounts stand at the following balances:
•  Checking: 31¤4 ($46.60 USD)
•  Savings: 785¤40 ($1,178.50 USD)
•  Paypal: 183¤38 ($275.44 USD)
       Total: 1000¤22 ($1500.54 USD)

There was no previous Financial Report for the previous Cosa term, but on report from the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue, the following are the expenditures from the last budget which occurred between 21 May 2022 and 30 Mar 2023:
•  -40¤34 ($60.85 USD)    Webhosting costs
•  -18¤12 ($27.30 USD)    Webhosting costs
•  -35¤23 ($53.07 USD)    Google ads

Since the last legal Financial Report in February of 2020, on report from the Burgermeister of Inland Revue the following changes to account balances have occurred as of 30 Mar 2023:
•  Checking:+4¤49 ($7.23 USD)
•  Savings:+76¤38 ($114.96 USD)
•  Paypal:+139¤32 ($209.29 USD)

The amount of current coinage and stamps in circulation and in reserve is currently unknown.  This information will be provided in a supplemental report to the Ziu.

PART B: Budget

THEREFORE, His Majesty's Government hereby submits to the Ziu a request for the appropriation of funds from the Royal Treasury totaling 366¤40 ($550 USD) for the specific purposes and subject to restrictions as outlined herein:

Ministrà dal Cúltură
  • Culture grants 66¤40 ($100 USD)
This amount will be set aside for fulfillment of any Culture Initiative Support Fund grants.  These grants are intended to help spur and reward activity from our citizens, providing them with small amounts to support language, journalism, or other cultural plans.  In previous years, most of this money has gone unspent.

Ministrà dal Tec'hnoloxhà
  • Speculative Webhosting costs 133¤20 ($200 USD)
For obvious Wittpocalypse-related reasons, future plans for our web infrastructure remain uncertain.  As the Ministreu dal Tec'hnoloxhà explores different options in conjunction with Permanent Secretary da Schir, the Government is erring on the cautious side and appropriating sufficient funds to meet a variety of needs.  It is our expectation that only a small portion of this money will need to be spent.

Ministrà dels Afaes Utphätseschti
  • BHAID 33¤20 ($50 USD)
The Bureau for Humanitarian Aid and International Development will continue its support for important causes worldwide.

Ministrà à Savanar da Talossa àls Ultra-Fiovaes Folăs
  • Advertising 66¤40 ($100 USD)
These funds will accommodate a cost-effective and high-impact future advertising campaign.

• Stationary and Postage for IDs and Certificates 66¤40 ($100 USD)
Once state assets are recovered from private hands and the ID program can continue, the Government will employ this sum to print, laminate, and mail the results.  Awards and grants will also be printed on fine paper and mailed to recipients.

FURTHERMORE, notwithstanding the above allocations, no funds shall be disbursed without a notice of disbursement having first been transmitted to the Ziu at least fourteen days prior to the disbursement, except that disbursements solely for the purpose of postage may be made with no less than 24 hours notice. Notices shall contain details of the purchase and a cost estimate for the purchase, or the total amount paid if seeking funds for reimbursement. Copies of receipts and/or invoices will be provided upon request to Members of the Ziu.

FURTHERMORE, any funds allocated by this section shall be retained in the central fund by the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue until such time as they are disbursed. Funds not disbursed prior to the end of the government term shall remain in the central fund.

PART C: Investment Policy

FURTHERMORE, His Majesty's Government hereby directs the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue to invest all held funds into a high-interest savings account unless or until otherwise directed or advised by act of the Ziu.

PART D: Coinage and Postage

FURTHERMORE, His Majesty's Government has no plans to coin monies or print postage during this term, as supplies remain sufficient to sustain both markets.

PART E: Donations Target

FURTHERMORE, His Majesty's Government proposes a voluntary fundraising goal of $200 over the course of this term.

PART F: Designated Assassination Targets

<REDACTED>

Uréu q'estadra så
His Majesty's Government, represented by Ministreu dal Finançù Alexandreu Davinescu
@Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB , please Clark this.

Gee I hope my name isn't among the redacted section F LOL
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Once again I have to ask you to please link or ask bills to be Clarked in the official call for bills thread. If I had not scrolled back in the latest posts I might have missed this bill. There are so many posts, which is why I use an official thread.

Thanks.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Üc R. Tärfă

Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on March 30, 2023, 11:10:17 AMOnce again I have to ask you to please link or ask bills to be Clarked in the official call for bills thread. If I had not scrolled back in the latest posts I might have missed this bill. There are so many posts, which is why I use an official thread.

Thanks.
I will find the person responsible for making this mistake again, and punish them severely.  It's a big office here, though, so there's no telling who it might have been.  They're probably sorry and regret the trouble, I'd imagine.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 30, 2023, 11:32:37 AM
Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on March 30, 2023, 11:10:17 AMOnce again I have to ask you to please link or ask bills to be Clarked in the official call for bills thread. If I had not scrolled back in the latest posts I might have missed this bill. There are so many posts, which is why I use an official thread.

Thanks.
I will find the person responsible for making this mistake again, and punish them severely.  It's a big office here, though, so there's no telling who it might have been.  They're probably sorry and regret the trouble, I'd imagine.

Please file in triplicate the official warning and reprimand with the Archivist.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal