Previous topic - Next topic

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Talossa
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Talossans
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kingdomoftalossa/
Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/x6UsMBY4

Government News
  • Citizenship Milestone Certificate Applications
    Applications were opened this month for the current government's Citizenship Milestone Certificates. If you've been a citizen for 5 or more years, then you qualify to receive one of these beautiful bilingual certificates! Simply fill out the request!
       Wittenberg thread
  • Cultural Initiative Support Fund
    Do you have a project idea that would influence or expand Talossan culture!? The Ministry of Culture is offering cold hard cash to support these types of projects! Simply fill out the form and claim your piece of the pie!
       Wittenberg thread
  • New Legislation Passed in Fourth Clark
       A whopping 2 bills were passed into law during the Gün Clark:

Culture News
  • Aßociù da Futbol Talossan 2023 Season
    The 2023 Season of Futbol Talossan continues! Check out the results from the Qualification match and see how your favorite team (probably one named after a celestial body) is doing!
       Tornamaintsch dal Qualificaziun Results: Wittenberg thread
       Regular Season: Wittenberg thread
  • TCAT 2023 Leg 2 - Tour de France!
       The second leg of this year's TCAT Season, covering the Tour de France has just begun! Let's hope that this leg has a happier ending than the first!
       Wittenberg thread
  • Lüc's Game Night
       Hopefully you were able to make it to Lüc's game night on our Discord server! If not, that's OK, hopefully this was the first of many more to come!
       Wittenberg thread
  • Take the Euro-Haxh to Cézembre!
       The Royal Tourist Office of the Island of Cézembre was officially opened this month, encouraging citaxhiéns to take the Euro-Haxh and see a beautiful piece of Talossa!
       Wittenberg thread
  • Talossan Book of Cuisine Vol 3 Preview!
       We got a preview of the third volume of the Talossan Book of Cuisine! I don't know about you, but my mouth is watering in anticipation!
       Wittenberg thread
  • Fora Talossa: Currents Episode 2
    Currents Episode 2 presents the song Silicon(e) which is "a song from the queer estrogen-fuelled Zolo Progwave duo, Vostok Lake. One half of which is esteemed Talossan Miestră Schivă, UrN"! I had to quote it because I couldn't have put it better myself!
       Wittenberg thread
  • 2023 ARMADA Regatta
       Join many Talossan's from July 14-16 for the greatest tournament of Diplomacy: The ARMADA Regatta! Check out the Witt post for more details!
       Wittenberg thread
Immigration News
  During Gün XLIV we received 18 (the NEW second highest in recorded Talossan history!) immigration applications from:
  • Muslim Nabi
  • Michael H Glyn
  • Ralph Dean VanLoton Jr.
  • Abhishek Kaul
  • Jason Allan Clark
  • Joseph P Specht Jr
  • Elder Nathaniel Ndukwe
  • Kathy H. Armstrong
  • George Edward Sandler
  • Safwaan Sharief
  • Daniel Ferreira da Silva
  • Petro Storozhuk
  • Huynh Thi Mong Trinh
  • Paul Eugene Fegan
  • Alex Huynh
  • Dana Prakoso Eka Saputra
  • Samantha Stewart
  • Ahmad Mufid Marhaen
  Unfortunately we did not welcome any new citaxhiéns this month.
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

I'm sorry, but RZ21 was not passed into law. It cannot take effect until a second passing of the Ziu in the next Cosa.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on July 04, 2023, 09:52:23 AMI'm sorry, but RZ21 was not passed into law. It cannot take effect until a second passing of the Ziu in the next Cosa.

In the database for Clark 4, RZ21 is in "Statute" status like the other 2. That's what I was basing it off of. Is the status of RZ21 incorrect or does it not mean what I think it means?

From my understanding, this particular bill, as as it deals with the CpI, it has different paying requirements and has to pass two consecutive Zius.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I quote from Organic Law VIII.3:

QuoteThe Ziu may enlarge the number of seats designated Puisne Judge to no more than eight, and may decrease the number of seats designated Puisne Judge to no less than two, provided that, in addition to the requirements for other legislation, two-thirds of the Cosa and a majority of the Senate support modification in two consecutive Cosas.

The Organic Law says we have to pass it again with the same majority in the next Cosa for it to take effect. It's a pretty unique provision in our constitutional law, but it's there. The aim is to prevent Cort packing.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Speaking of which, Mr SoS, RZ23 is incorrectly listed on the Database. It is an OrgLaw Amendment, not an ordinary law.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Yes. If it was listed as an amendment it would trigger a referendum. Since no referendum is required, it is listed in the way it currently is. The Scribe will need to make that note in the Wiki.

This is a pretty rare type of law and the database itself isn't set up for it.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 05, 2023, 04:51:37 PMI quote from Organic Law VIII.3:

QuoteThe Ziu may enlarge the number of seats designated Puisne Judge to no more than eight, and may decrease the number of seats designated Puisne Judge to no less than two, provided that, in addition to the requirements for other legislation, two-thirds of the Cosa and a majority of the Senate support modification in two consecutive Cosas.

The Organic Law says we have to pass it again with the same majority in the next Cosa for it to take effect. It's a pretty unique provision in our constitutional law, but it's there. The aim is to prevent Cort packing.

Thank you for the clarification and I apologize for my own ignorance. I'll update the original post.

Sorry if you felt blamed or something. I didn't even understand the bill at first either. I just wanted to make sure this bill isn't entered as law yet.

Thanks!
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on July 06, 2023, 01:12:17 PMSorry if you felt blamed or something. I didn't even understand the bill at first either. I just wanted to make sure this bill isn't entered as law yet.

Thanks!

No worries at all! I'm glad to learn one of the quirks of our legal system :-)