News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

59th Election Discussion

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, September 14, 2023, 06:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

The mighty Kwisatz-Haderach of Elections, @Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB , does not want people chatting on the official thread. So here is a thread to discuss the election as it starts to unfold tomorrow morning.

Elections are always so special, and often get really weird in our funny little country. Small parties turn out to have surprising reach, or coalitions morph dramatically with the change of a few votes.

Another one is upon us! Zooks!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Well as of now, I've emailed the ballots, fixed the glitch that gave the wrong thread for voting on the emailed ballots, fixed the Fiova candidates glitch, and sent two political party campaign messages. You would think this being my 4th election as SoS I would remember that provincial candidates are hard-wired and only MPF can input them!

Ah well, it wouldn't be a Talossan General Election without at least one problem to fix! Fiovans who vote on the database will see the correct candidates, and I will resend the Fiova ballots in a few minutes.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Ok I re-emailed (is that a word?) the ballots to all Fiovans who haven't already voted!
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

It's a hard and complicated job, and you're stuck using a tool that's no longer quite suitable -- everyone understands, don't worry!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

I got the two mailers, but my ballot went to spam, interestingly enough.

18 votes cast so far (14.06%). Not a bad turnout for the first 7 hours of the election. I was awake at 1:30 AM this morning fretting over all the stuff so I started the election super early this morning!!
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on September 15, 2023, 07:30:14 AMI got the two mailers, but my ballot went to spam, interestingly enough.

It seems that emails from sos@talossa.ca sometimes end up in spam, but emails I send directly from Outlook don't. Everyone should always check their spam folders just in case!

Also, @Breneir Tzaracomprada can we post regular updates on social media for those non-Witt users who may be blissfully unaware that an election is underway?
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on September 15, 2023, 11:02:34 AMAlso, @Breneir Tzaracomprada can we post regular updates on social media for those non-Witt users who may be blissfully unaware that an election is underway?

That's smart and a good idea.

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on September 15, 2023, 11:13:44 AM
Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on September 15, 2023, 11:02:34 AMAlso, @Breneir Tzaracomprada can we post regular updates on social media for those non-Witt users who may be blissfully unaware that an election is underway?

That's smart and a good idea.

I've been known to have a good idea every now and then!
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

mximo

The job I don't want SoS.

Good job.

Mximo
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Ah yes, the election. Exciting stuff!
We have the strongest field in years imho. Hopefully we'll get a record high turnout too. That would be 13 voters I think, so definitely doable if some new people vote as well.

Is Gimme Shelter gonna win again? Is Bohemian Rhapsody returning to it's former glory. Maybe people are done with the incumbents and cause an upset by electing Enjoy the Silence instead? So many options...

I need some time to listen to all the candidates before voting by sending a private message to @Ian Plätschisch.

Oh... That election.
Eh, best vote there too
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

47% turnout so far.  Not bad, but hopefully we can get nearer to last election's huge 72.5% turnout.  The baseline has usually hovered around 50 to 60%.

I'll be sending out ballots to non-voters for a third and final time in the next day or two.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

A spike up to 57% turnout now -- 10% higher, which is a huge increase in just a day!  We're right about at the median for turnout, with five more days to go.  Assuming votes trickle in still, turnout is looking pretty good but not great.

The upticks seem to come directly after I re-send ballots. I may do it for a fourth time just prior to the close of the election, though I normally only send it out three times.

Sadly, there could be up to 6 citizens who lose their citizenship if they don't vote. I'll be double checking if those six citizens responded to the census, which will save them so fingers crossed.

We also have 56 citizens that have not yet voted, which is a number I dislike!
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal