News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Announcing the League of Centre Conservatives

Started by Ian Plätschisch, July 09, 2020, 08:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

Am I right in the League wanting a monarch who serves for life, can choose anyone they want to take the throne when they are done, and have veto power over legislation?  The house of ___blank___, ultimately unelected and un-removable save by a wisely-difficult method? 

This is good for Talossa?

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: GV on July 14, 2020, 05:35:12 AM
Am I right in the League wanting a monarch who serves for life, can choose anyone they want to take the throne when they are done, and have veto power over legislation?  The house of ___blank___, ultimately unelected and un-removable save by a wisely-difficult method? 

This is good for Talossa?
Serves for life? Yes, unless removed
Hereditary? No position, but presuming the Non-Hereditary Amendment passes the status quo will be no
With veto power? Yes, but the King's veto today is a lot weaker than it was five years ago

Good for Talossa? That's for voters to decide, and I bet many voters would say yes. This party isnt really being marketed to hardcore FreeDems such as yourself.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

I may have been away a while, but I have kept myself abreast of Talossan politics wherever possible. I do not like the way the country is headed under the Free Democrat leadership. When the liberal congress decided to merge with the ZRT all those years ago, I was fervently against it, mostly due to the slow power creep towards the Republicanism and I could not condone such actions. I see since my time away the situation has become even more DIRE! With the loss of the RUMP party and with obvious republican referenda I feel that the LCC is the last line of defense against the FreeDem onslaught on our great Kingdom. I hope I can help maintain the status quo! I think I may have beaver fever! If you still need bums for seats, I'm here for you!
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on July 13, 2020, 07:31:13 PM
It appears the defining feature of an NPW government would be too much comic sans.

No such thing!
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

GV

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on July 16, 2020, 06:41:33 PM
I may have been away a while, but I have kept myself abreast of Talossan politics wherever possible. I do not like the way the country is headed under the Free Democrat leadership. When the liberal congress decided to merge with the ZRT all those years ago, I was fervently against it, mostly due to the slow power creep towards the Republicanism and I could not condone such actions. I see since my time away the situation has become even more DIRE! With the loss of the RUMP party and with obvious republican referenda I feel that the LCC is the last line of defense against the FreeDem onslaught on our great Kingdom. I hope I can help maintain the status quo! I think I may have beaver fever! If you still need bums for seats, I'm here for you!

Your time is up, He-Man.  Soon King Randor will bow the knee to SkeleDaph who is merely an agent for Dan W***low, aka Hordak with his republican Horde.  Woodstock Talossa!  Rainbows!  Peace, love, and whimsy!  Unicorns, too!  Imagine all the people...

In all seriousness, the voters will act accordingly and remove from the monarchy its ability to, over years and decades, to diminish from its present dignified state to one where future heirs to John's throne will be far less-likely to do Talossa as enthusiastically as he has.  When was the last time Prince Patrick appeared on Witt?

We need a monarch who is active, continues to be active, and who truly wants to do Talossa.  I'm by no means convinced Patrick would be any of these things.  Yet, our laws have it he gets the throne once John is done (may that be many years off). 

How again is this good for Talossa?  Does Patrick even remember there is a Talossa?

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on July 13, 2020, 07:31:13 PM
A cabinet of talents, most likely.

Problem is that "cabinet of talents" (i.e. getting the most talented people into Govt, regardless of politics) is contradictory to a "strong opposition". It's much hardly to "strongly oppose" a technocratic government with no real politics apart from mushy consensus; even more so if everyone talented is in the Government, lol!

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Hate to rain on your parade there, GV, but no-one out there knows Talossan history any more and has no clue who Dan W. was. :D

(Dan W. was a late 90's Seneschál who became a hate figure for KR1. I was his houseguest in San Francisco for a while. Nice guy, a college professor, haven't heard from him in 15 years.)

Anyway, as for Prince Patrick, he contacted me several years ago suggesting a programme of Talossan legal reforms. They weren't bad ideas, but I haven't seen him involved in Talossa in any way since. In any case, the LCC leader was the brains behind the Non-Hereditary Monarchy so he's not really affected by that line of questioning...

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: GV on July 16, 2020, 07:25:48 PM
Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on July 16, 2020, 06:41:33 PM

Your time is up, He-Man.  Soon King Randor will bow the knee to SkeleDaph who is merely an agent for Dan W***low, aka Hordak with his republican Horde.  Woodstock Talossa!  Rainbows!  Peace, love, and whimsy!  Unicorns, too!  Imagine all the people...

In all seriousness, the voters will act accordingly and remove from the monarchy its ability to, over years and decades, to diminish from its present dignified state to one where future heirs to John's throne will be far less-likely to do Talossa as enthusiastically as he has.  When was the last time Prince Patrick appeared on Witt?

We need a monarch who is active, continues to be active, and who truly wants to do Talossa.  I'm by no means convinced Patrick would be any of these things.  Yet, our laws have it he gets the throne once John is done (may that be many years off). 

How again is this good for Talossa?  Does Patrick even remember there is a Talossa?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FPFCpth6no

That aside, Its already on the docket, if it passes it passes. Though to be fair, its not true republicanism in its form, but its its a symptom of a progressive creep. The FreeDem Modus Operandi, even if it now more covert than than the ZRT before it, is to eat away at the powers of the monarchy, till there's nothing left. Its plain to see and I for one think its high time for a change! And I by change I mean the monercy should be maintained, not tarnished and tossed aside. The rot must be stopped!

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

What we really need is MORE Kings.  Double Your Pleasure, Double the Fun.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù