ID Card out of date

Started by xpb, February 04, 2021, 10:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danihel Txechescu

A couple more ideas.

Front adds years in Talossan format. Back adds arms for the King and the subject; I like this in order to promote the arms of the citizenry. There's a bit more space for signature in both front and back.

I printed these options and feel that the picture is a tad too big at 35x45 mm. The spec says it can be as little as 32x26 mm, so anything between those two is game.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Danihel Txechescu on January 25, 2022, 03:10:24 PM
A couple more ideas.

Front adds years in Talossan format. Back adds arms for the King and the subject; I like this in order to promote the arms of the citizenry. There's a bit more space for signature in both front and back.

I printed these options and feel that the picture is a tad too big at 35x45 mm. The spec says it can be as little as 32x26 mm, so anything between those two is game.

Wow, these just keep getting better and better! Definitely the best one yet!

It feels like to do justice to these, we should really get them printed on cardstock and laminated. In fact, we might want to actually just have them printed out as photo card style, like real IDs.

Feels like the government should be represented very prominently, too, though. Maybe scoot over the king's signature to make room for the signature of the Secretary of State, too? Or would that be too cramped?

Also: one of the things that was suggested fairly strenuously by some of the lawyers we have in the country was the phrase, "Valid for all Talossan purposes." Might be worth including that fine print somewhere on here!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on January 25, 2022, 03:51:02 PM
A couple more ideas.

Wow, these just keep getting better and better! Definitely the best one yet!

It feels like to do justice to these, we should really get them printed on cardstock and laminated. In fact, we might want to actually just have them printed out as photo card style, like real IDs.

Looks like custom ID badges are something like $4 apiece. So that's probably a little pricey to offer gratis! Printing them on cardstock and laminating them will be only 5 to 10 cents apiece, in contrast.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

A couple more ideas.

I love the design, but keep in mind that the text on the back still says "qa" instead of "certifia qe", which I can't explain.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on January 25, 2022, 07:33:01 PM
A couple more ideas.
I love the design, but keep in mind that the text on the back still says "qa" instead of "certifia qe", which I can't explain.
Ah, will fix. I didn't see that mistake in the sentence even though I went through it again when you last posted the text. Thanks!

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

If you include the SoS signature, I guess I better practice my Talossan signature :-)
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Danihel Txechescu on January 25, 2022, 03:10:24 PM[...] The spec says it can be as little as 32x26 mm, so anything between those two is game.
Should read as 35x45 mm vs 26x32 mm.

Ián Tamorán S.H.

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on January 22, 2022, 04:14:42 PM
Quote from: Danihel Txechescu on January 22, 2022, 03:19:14 PM
I thought it was "King John" and not "King John I".
it's both, but the latter is more formal. He's the first King John! He would be the third King Robert, if that were his name, or the second King Florence.
In some countries "King xxxx" is just that ... until there is a second "King xxxx", and only then is the first one "King xxxx I".  In the UK there has been only one Queen Anne - so that's what she is called. She will become "Queen Anne I" only when there is a "Queen Anne II", and, of course, thereafter.
Quality through Thought
Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

Think the best, say the best, and you will be the best.

Açafat del Val

I asked elsewhere, but having read through this thread, I am still wondering if there is a purpose to these cards other than having them?
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Quote from: Açafat del Val on March 18, 2022, 11:01:33 AM
I asked elsewhere, but having read through this thread, I am still wondering if there is a purpose to these cards other than having them?
They'll be cool to have, but also a promotional tool to show to others.  And you never know what might happen in the future once we get this sort of thing going :)

Açafat del Val

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 18, 2022, 11:13:34 AM
Quote from: Açafat del Val on March 18, 2022, 11:01:33 AM
They'll be cool to have, but also a promotional tool to show to others.  And you never know what might happen in the future once we get this sort of thing going :)

I won't get in the way of something that motivates and inspires Talossans. I am worried that it will be just another task that gets waysided by the avalanche of other bureaucratic tasks.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

xpb

Confirming receipt of my updated identification card.  Many thanks Mic'haglh Autofil and the Ministry of STUFF

Ian Plätschisch

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Got my ID card...wife thinks I'm a little weird because I got so excited about it LOL
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

xpb

Quote from: xpb on February 04, 2021, 10:07:09 PMMy ID card appears to be seriously out of date!  Who do I need to contact in  the Civil Service?

I started this thread with a photo of my previous ID, but the link does not seem to work - is there a time-out on uploaded files to this forum?  If so there should be a methodology to archive those, or perhaps this was part of the Wittocolypse?