Just bumping this
Welcome to Wittenberg!
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Show posts MenuQuote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on September 29, 2026, 11:10:13 PM@Françal I. Lux Finance Minister, what do you think of this idea? I have made a couple of posts on the matter because I think the Kingdom being able to respond in some official way, even if it is small, would be a meaningful aspect of Talossan citizenship. I acknowledge a lack of legislation does not prohibit it from happening but legislative endorsement would not be a bad thing.
-------
Whereas, the Finance Minister is authorized by El Lex D.2.8.8. "to create, manage, and promote a voluntary fundraising campaign to the citizens of Talossa and other interested parties each year," and
Whereas, recent news of Talossans experiencing illness or grief ignites a desire for official acts of solidarity and kindness by their government, and
Whereas, such official acts of solidarity and kindness while small and limited can be a meaningful contribution to the good and welfare of Talossa's citizens.
Therefore, be it resolved, by the Ziu of the Kingdom of Talossa that the Finance Ministry is encouraged to promote a voluntary fundraising campaign for the purpose of establishing a Good & Welfare fund for Talossans encountering hardship, grief, or illness, and
Be it further resolved, that before the commencement of such campaign, the Finance Ministry develop guidelines defining hardship, grief, or illness for the purposes of accessing the fund and procedures for disbursement.
Uréu q'estadra så,
Breneir Tzaracomprada (MC-BREN)
Quote from: Mic'haglh Autófil, O.Be on September 28, 2026, 11:40:14 PMAs per a thread from last term on the topic -- the conversation in that one died off a bit, sorry -- I believe the Minister of Public Records had liked the following for his ministry (if @Baron Alexandreu Davinescu would like to make it official)Looks great!
As far as Propaganda, we could try to come up with something new (preferably without using horns/trumpets, we use enough of those in our symbols), or could repurpose my other concept for Public Records as some posters/broadsheets/newsletters/etc.:
That thread also contained a discussion on designing a new badge for the Ministry of Culture, which, as you are the Culture Minister, may not be a bad idea to get your thoughts. One suggestion was to use the Tifinagh letter ⵣ from the Berber flag; since this is actually [z] in the Tifinagh script, using the letter ⵜ ( [t] ) for Talossa may be more appropriate. However, since that bears strong resemblance to a simple lowercase t, it may not be distinctive -- my suggestion would be to use ⴾ instead (see attached for an idea). That's [k]; consider it an initial for cúltură. It also continues a dot theme established by current and former ministry badges including Foreign Affairs, Home Affairs, and Interior.
- Foxmouth
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN-GC on September 24, 2026, 04:24:13 PMI'm gonna take it you're not a fan of STV lolQuote from: Françal I. Lux on September 24, 2026, 03:02:13 PMI'm personally biased towards STV myself.
Cool! So what do you think about the questions I mention above:
- should we have a number of compulsory rankings (Australia-style) or should a [1] vote be enough (Ireland-style)?
- number of constituencies? 1, 2, 4?
- and here's the big one; how does that work with our current compromise where candidates can get multiple seats? I'm not sure how STV could work effectively without one-MC-one-seat, for which we don't have the numbers without doing something your own party would start violent revolution against (i.e. abolishing the Senäts)
Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP on September 22, 2026, 08:23:54 PMI'd argue that senate elections are different in the sense that the elections for them are staggered on a rotating basis so there's not much opportunity for us to see how a nation-wide election would look like if everyone votes through their provinces.Quote from: Françal I. Lux on September 22, 2026, 08:03:38 PMHow committed are we to nation-wide, at-large elections for the Cosa?
It's just an idea but have we seriously considered creating provincial constituencies based on population and elect MCs through the provinces? I understand this would drastically reorient how elections are run and won, but it would inject much needed activity in our provinces and with a smaller electorate, candidates can be better vetted by the people they're asking for votes.
Two of the methods I listed at the top of this thread require constituencies (MMP by necessity, STV for feasibility), and the main issue I have with province-based constituencies boils down to lack of competitiveness. With MMP for instance, there would be 8 single-winner constituencies, so we would need at least 16 candidates (2 per) to make all of these races competitive, ideally more than that. With the way things look currently, I really can't see this happen.
I also highly doubt that local elections would revitalise the provinces, considering that Senate elections have been local since the beginning and it has accomplished nothing. If anything, moving the Senate away from provincial representation might actually be the way to go, but that's a separate issue that I may or may not write another post about.
Quote from: Moinul Moin on September 22, 2026, 01:59:13 PM->Bangladeshi Chicken BiryaniI am definitely stealing this recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Chicken Biryani is one of my favorite dishes from Bangladesh. It is something you will often find at family gatherings, weddings, celebrations, or simply when people want to make a special meal at home(In Bangladesh and India). There are many different ways to make biryani, but this is a simple Bangladeshi-style version that I enjoy.
->[Ingredients]
1.For the chicken:
* 1.5 kg chicken, cut into medium-sized pieces
* 200 g plain yogurt
* 2 tablespoons ginger paste
* 2 tablespoons garlic paste
* 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
* 1.5 teaspoons red chili powder
* 1 teaspoon cumin powder
* 1 teaspoon coriander powder
* 1 teaspoon garam masala
* Salt(1 or 2 spoon)
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 3 tablespoons cooking oil
2.For the rice:
* 500 g basmati(thick & Long rice)
* 2–3 potatoes, peeled and cut in half
* 2 bay leaves
* 4 cardamom pods
* 4 cloves
* 1 small cinnamon stick
* 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
* Salt
* Water for boiling
3.For the biryani:
* 3 large onions, thinly sliced
* Oil for frying
* 500ml warm milk(cow)
* A little saffron or saffron-colored food essence
* 2 tablespoons kewra water (Pandanus odorifer)
* 2 tablespoons Rose water
* 3–4 green chilies
* 2 tablespoons ghee(Clarified butter)
* Fresh coriander and mint
-->How to make it(Learnt from my mother)
First, I marinate the chicken with the yogurt, ginger, garlic, turmeric, chili powder, cumin, coriander, garam masala(mixed spices), salt, lemon juice, and a little oil. I usually leave it for at least an hour.
Next, I slice the onions very thinly and fry them until they become golden and crispy. These fried onions are called "beresta", and they add a lot of flavor to the biryani. I also lightly fry the potatoes and keep them aside.
I then fry the marinated chicken in a large pot over high heat. Once the chicken is partly fried and the oil starts coming out of the mixture, I add the fried potatoes.
While the chicken is cooking, I prepare the rice. I boil the rice with salt, bay leaves, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and cumin seeds. I don't cook the rice completely at this stage. It should be about 70% cooked, because it will finish cooking later with the chicken.
Now comes my favorite part: putting everything together. I place a layer of rice over the chicken, then add some fried onions, green chilies, coriander, and mint. I add another layer of rice and repeat the process.
Finally, I mix a little saffron with warm milk and pour it over the rice. I add the kewra water, rose water, and ghee, then cover the pot tightly.
The biryani is cooked on very low heat for around 20–25 minutes. This slow cooking allows the rice to absorb the flavors from the chicken and spices.
When it is ready, I gently mix the rice from the bottom upwards so that the grains stay intact.
It is best served hot, and I usually enjoy it with some salad or raita.
And there is one thing I personally like to do after eating biryani: I drink Coke! It gives me a wonderful, refreshing feeling after a hearty plate of biryani.
For me, Chicken Biryani is more than just a meal it is one of those dishes that reminds me of home and special occasions in Bangladesh. The view:-
Quote from: Liz Quiehui on September 17, 2026, 11:24:50 PMDear Sir and Fellow Citizens,Thank you for your well wishes and welcome to Talossa! I hope you find our history and culture interesting enough
As the week comes to a close, I would like to wish you all a peaceful, restful, and rejuvenating weekend. May the upcoming days bring calm and renewed energy to everyone in our community.
Best regards,
Liz Quiehui
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 04, 2026, 06:14:08 PMMr. Speaker, this enquiry is for the Culture Minister, @Françal I. Lux , and is a follow-up to his reply from last month:Thank you for the question,Quote from: Françal I. Lux on May 05, 2026, 10:24:33 AMQuote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on May 04, 2026, 10:58:48 PMMr. Speaker,Thank you for the question.
This enquiry is for the Culture/Finance Minister.
On April 14, Minister @Françal I. Lux informed the nation of his return to service. Minister, if you could please advise the Ziu on your plans for the Culture and Finance portfolios now that you are back.
Mr. Speaker, my main priority for the next month is resuming my previous plans for the Culture Ministry. With the help of S:reu Malt and under the supervision of our Ladîntsch Naziunál, the Ministry of Culture will be sponsoring a translation project, first to update the Talossan version of the Organic Law, and, if all goes well, the gradual translation of the nation's statutes.
Minister, what updates are there to the translation project currently underway with MZ Malt and the Ladîntsch Naziunál?
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 02, 2026, 08:57:19 PMAppreciate it!Quote from: Françal I. Lux on June 02, 2026, 08:45:18 PMWhere can I get the latest numbers on these?
Should be able to find this information in the new database here: https://database.talossa.com/citizenship
Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP on June 01, 2026, 08:34:43 PMNot directly related to what's going on here right now, but since it seems like we'll be going ahead with cyclical party lists, I've added cyclical tie-breaks to my SPAV tabulator. I have yet to hear anything about it... feel free to tell me if I should stop referencing it here.
Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP on June 01, 2026, 12:07:57 PMSad to see the issue of candidate-based voting not further acknowledged. Personally, I'm not willing to give up on this project just yet, as I still think it's worth considering.
Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP on May 27, 2026, 05:05:25 PMI would be in support of this method.Quote from: Françal I. Lux on May 27, 2026, 04:26:48 PMAs long as the voters can choose who they want as their representatives regardless of party affiliation, I would be ok with an open list voting system as a compromise.
I still think the easiest way of implementing this, without any weird edge cases from trying to marry candidate votes and party votes, would be to implement a system in which party affiliation is listed on the ballot but irrelevant to the apportionment method.