State Opening of the Ziu / Leader of the Opposition

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, July 26, 2021, 09:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on August 02, 2021, 11:42:40 PM
Apparently the Seneschal is on vacation and thus presumably unavailable

No, the Seneschál is available and enthusiastic for all his official duties re: the State Opening; he only delegated the legislative stuff to me.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

I'm free up until Friday, then I'm busy with my Sister-in-law's wedding for the next week.  Though not sure what role I play, since the State Opening is in the Cosa, yes?
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Quote from: Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu on August 03, 2021, 08:46:29 PM
I'm free up until Friday, then I'm busy with my Sister-in-law's wedding for the next week.  Though not sure what role I play, since the State Opening is in the Cosa, yes?
Lexh H.1.1. states that the Speakers of both Houses of the Ziu conduct the State Opening, but I don't know what that really entails. Based purely on the letter of the law, the only people who have speaking roles during that event are the King, the Seneschal and the Leader of the Opposition. So I have no idea what you and I are supposed to do in the meantime.

So then, when's the best time for the King, the Seneschal and the (Deputy) Leader of the Opposition to all meet up in a livestream?
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on August 03, 2021, 05:05:13 PM

No, the Seneschál is available and enthusiastic for all his official duties re: the State Opening; he only delegated the legislative stuff to me.

I am still very much around. I took a few days to go on a short holiday while interviewing with a University, but I am fully on board with moving forward. The issue is getting the King and the Op Leader together with me to officially get the ball rolling.
The Most Honourable General Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Senator for Maricopa, Kingdom of Talossa

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Try accusing His Majesty of letting AD have the keys to the Monarchy, he'll turn up here in 10 seconds :D

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

His Majesty relays that he has been in touch with the Seneschal regarding the Speech from the Throne, and he looks forward to the event.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

But when is the best time to *have* the event? I need to know what everyone's schedule looks like to pick a date that isnt extremely awkward for one or more people involved.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I can confirm that the Seneschál is putting the finishing touches on the Speech with His Maj's input.

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

And, to check, with XPB's proxy for the purpose, Dien is the Opposition Leader?
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM on August 04, 2021, 04:49:56 AM

I am still very much around. I took a few days to go on a short holiday while interviewing with a University, but I am fully on board with moving forward. The issue is getting the King and the Op Leader together with me to officially get the ball rolling.
Where are we on this? Have the issues with the speech been resolved? Is scheduling happening?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on August 21, 2021, 08:22:42 AM
Quote from: Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM on August 04, 2021, 04:49:56 AM

Where are we on this? Have the issues with the speech been resolved? Is scheduling happening?

He's had it for over a week. If he doesn't do something by Monday morning, I'll be forced to take the issue to the UC.

Gen. T. Davinescu, O.SPM
Seneschál
The Most Honourable General Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Senator for Maricopa, Kingdom of Talossa

No scheduling has happened yet. The relevant parties are seemingly refusing to get back to me.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on August 21, 2021, 06:55:23 PM
No scheduling has happened yet. The relevant parties are seemingly refusing to get back to me.

This is very strange, because I've just had Cabinet Minister T. Roibeardescù tell me: "who are we waiting for? I thought we where waiting for the túischac'h?...At least I am as I offered to help set up the twitch live link... But haven't had a whiff of contact since he suggested it"

This is turning into a clusterfudge because the law does not actually say who should be organising the State Opening of the Cosa. I call upon the King, the Seneschál and the chairs of the Houses of the Ziu (or however many of them can be contacted) to get together right now and make a plan for moving forward

EDIT: I am an idiot, the Law says clearly: "The event shall be organized and conducted by the Speakers of both Houses of the Ziu"

The issue for me is that I can't schedule if I don't know on which days and times everyone is available. The whole event would be rather pointless if one or more of the people involved couldn't show up.

It's true that I haven't had contact with S:reu Rôibeardescù since, but as I see it, without knowing when the event even is (or can be), I didnt have anything to contact him about.